Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yo is there a vote on these things for the best match of the year and if so is it like a tournament thing?

Cos Having all the best matches of each month pitted against each other in a vote would be rad.

technically we collect them for the year end poll for references for people with bad memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yo is there a vote on these things for the best match of the year and if so is it like a tournament thing?

Cos Having all the best matches of each month pitted against each other in a vote would be rad.

This would be a cool thing to do, the problem with the current approach is that nobody is going to remember a match from February in the year end poll

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tonfa posted:

This would be a cool thing to do, the problem with the current approach is that nobody is going to remember a match from February in the year end poll

Make it so there's a link to each match in the vote so people wouldn't have that excuse.

I just found out I really like wrestling again and want an excuse to watch all of the matches last year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tonfa posted:

Why? Matches from Wrestlemania always do well and it isn't like someone would forget the Tokyo Dome main events just because they were early in the year.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
e: wrong thread, both are still open.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Toxis vs Davienne from NECW TV Epusode 74: http://youtu.be/JLJvpGdq2YI?t=16m25s More great striking and another fantastic finish! NECW brings quality.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Toxis vs Davienne from NECW TV Epusode 74: http://youtu.be/JLJvpGdq2YI?t=16m25s More great striking and another fantastic finish! NECW brings quality.

I almost feel like NECW shouldn't count. They have a camera 2 that's improperly balanced and is a dude standing on the apron, but they're clearly drawing bigger crowds than TNA and I keep seeing their matches.

So yeah 2nd

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I almost couldnt make it through that battle royal. That entire show should be WMOTY. Thirded.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I don't even know what El Guapo was doing in the battle royale.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
HM: Timothy Thatcher vs. Joe Graves, PREMIER 7, 11/29

15 minutes of pure mat wrestling. I loving loved this like, a lot. doing a time limit draw without announcing time elapsed over the PA was kinda bad and took away from it a bit, but whatever. Thatcher is a loving pro and it's a shame there isn't really a big stage where he can ply his craft because he's so loving good at it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Yo Spermgod have you seen any of his matches with Busick? There's a free one up on youtube that I adore. Tonight he's wrestling Ricochet on the EVOLVE iPPV and i think they'll play off each other very well

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I could see Thatcher popping up in PWG given the amount of talent they just lost.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

oatgan posted:

Yo Spermgod have you seen any of his matches with Busick? There's a free one up on youtube that I adore. Tonight he's wrestling Ricochet on the EVOLVE iPPV and i think they'll play off each other very well

Yeah if I didn't nominate the Busick match before I should have. His stuff with Drew Gulak is great too.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I could see Thatcher popping up in PWG given the amount of talent they just lost.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him show up at BOLA this year. They're going to need to replace Cole, O'Reilly, and Elgin at minimum, and if they're gonna do a 24 man tourney again they'll need at least some new blood.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTY: Tomahawk Kid vs Johnny Thunder NECW Episode 76. Awful wrestling and a terrible finish. Will probably be updating this with more NECW and SSW throughout the night!

Yep.

WMOTY: Mistress Belmont and Toxis vs Davienne and Lizzie Raze. GOD AWFUL. You can see both here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIw4dGGK0rA

WMOTY: Beau James vs Bobo Brown SSW 12/27: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCqWwSbjyU

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 21, 2015

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTY: Tomahawk Kid vs Johnny Thunder NECW Episode 76. Awful wrestling and a terrible finish. Will probably be updating this with more NECW and SSW throughout the night!

Yep.

WMOTY: Mistress Belmont and Toxis vs Davienne and Lizzie Raze. GOD AWFUL. You can see both here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIw4dGGK0rA

WMOTY: Beau James vs Bobo Brown SSW 12/27: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCqWwSbjyU

Seconded on all of these.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Thirded.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

Yep.

WMOTY: Mistress Belmont and Toxis vs Davienne and Lizzie Raze. GOD AWFUL. You can see both here:

WMOTY: Beau James vs Bobo Brown SSW 12/27:

Man, I dunno why you do it to yourself. Those matches are hot loving garbage. Does the promotion ever put on anything decent?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Biff Busick vs Bryan Cage vs Uhaa Nation vs Tomasso Ciampa, PWG Black Cole Sun 12/12
MOTYC: The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) vs Matt Sydal and Chris Sabin, PWG Black Cole Sun 12/12
MOTYC: Kyle O'Reilly vs Ricochet, PWG Black Cole Sun 12/12
the MOTY: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Roderick Strong, PWG Black Cole Sun 12/12

show of the year 2014

oatgan fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 23, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I loving told you guys!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Grozz Nuy posted:

I loving told you guys!

My dvd should be here any day now. I can't wait.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

MOTYC: The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) vs Matt Sydal and Chris Sabin, PWG Black Cole Sun 12/12
MOTYC: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Roderick Strong, PWG Black Cole Sun 12/12

show of the year 2014

I will second these, and I am adding one and changing a HM to MOTY.

MOTYC: Biff Busick vs Bryan Cage vs Uhaa Nation vs Tomasso Ciampa, PWG Black Cole Sun 12/12
HM: ACH, AR Fox & Rich Swann vs Bobby Fish, Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano, PWG Black Cole Sun 12/12

The big man 4 way was perfect. No dead air, some comedy, huge moves, huge dives, huge men, Brian Cage looked over 300 lbs.

Since this didn't ship till January does it count as 2015?

Strenuous Manflurry fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 24, 2015

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

MOTY: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Roderick Strong, PWG Black Cole Sun 12/12
MOTYC: Biff Busick vs Bryan Cage vs Uhaa Nation vs Tomasso Ciampa, PWG Black Cole Sun 12/12
show of the year 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

show of the year 2014

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Now that I actually got a proper view of it I am also going to second Strong vs. O'Reilly for MOTYC. Unbelievable show, I'm so glad I was there to see it in person.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Does anyone think that Eddie Edwards looks at Ring of Honor and just gets really depressed that he has to be bound at the hip to Davey?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

show of the year 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Testekill posted:

Does anyone think that Eddie Edwards looks at Ring of Honor and just gets really depressed that he has to be bound at the hip to Davey?

if he doesn't then i do

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

oatgan posted:

HM: Biff Busick vs Bryan Cage vs Uhaa Nation vs Tomasso Ciampa, PWG Black Cole Sun 12/12

show of the year 2014

Yeah I'm going with this.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

oatgan posted:

show of the year 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Eh. Not that fussed about Black Cole Sun, but I will nth Kyle O'Reilly vs. Roderick Strong as a MOTYC.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oatgan posted:

show of the year 2014

holy macaroni I love PWG

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

My personal MOTY 2014 was just uploaded (finally!) to Youtube.

MOTYC: No Ropes Match: Trevor Lee vs Roy Wilkins, 11/01/14 CWF Mid-Atlantic: Fallout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrkEzQnYAEc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
edit: wrong year, wrong thread

• Locked thread