Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Jackie D posted:

NO

I'd go for an HM though, it was really good

HM: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton, 2/3/14

Okay, fourthed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Jackie D posted:

NO

I'd go for an HM though, it was really good

HM: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton, 2/3/14

Nth. Good long long match with a great story. It's losing a star because it's a bit of a rehash (even though it's a unique match story for them).

In one lense I think it's comparable to Punk/Cena last year on Raw but something felt just off enough to keep it from that. Love both guys working limbs and keeping it consistent, especially Orton.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I would like to give a -1 vote for the Orton/Bryan match. It was really slow, the crowd wasn't into it, and they forgot to sell their injuries throughout; Orton was taking a beating on his leg and selling it until he had to do power moves and then suddenly the leg was fine. Just one goon's opinion.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Bigass Moth posted:

I would like to give a -1 vote for the Orton/Bryan match. It was really slow, the crowd wasn't into it, and they forgot to sell their injuries throughout; Orton was taking a beating on his leg and selling it until he had to do power moves and then suddenly the leg was fine. Just one goon's opinion.

That crowd loving sucked so they killed any interest in what they cared about.

Also Orton would hit his power moves then fall down grabbing his leg in pain. It was played really well throughout. I guess no, neither guy was completely incapacitated to the point neither could move.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HM: VGCW End Game 6: Ganondorf vs Duke Nukem I quit match

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Junpei Hyde posted:

Seconded

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

MOTYC: Ayla vs Terra Branford: 2/3 falls: VGCW End game 6

Junpei Hyde fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 5, 2014

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Junpei Hyde posted:

third

Jackie D fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 5, 2014

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Junpei Hyde posted:

MOTYC: Ayle vs Terra Branford: 2/3 falls: VGCW End game 6
Seconded

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

This wasn't funny the other two times last year.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Good, because I'm not joking. :colbert:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Nobody was trying to be funny last year.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Worst Page of this Thread of this year: page 4, including anti-votes and video game simulations.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

There is probably more nuanced selling in those than in Davey Richards matches

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
I'm a big VGCW fan but those two matches...no. Red/Scorpion from last year yeah, Duke/Ganon and Terra/Ayla no.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Both great matches. I watched the finish of Volador/Mascara three times and I still don't entirely understand what happened but it was pretty cool. Also:

HM: Tanahashi, Goto, & Naito vs. Okada, Nakamura, & Ishii - NJPW Road to the New Beginning 2/2

Excellent six-man match where every guy got a chance to shine.

I'm thirding this now that I've finally gotten around to watching the Korakuen show. Really good match showcasing all six guys, and holy gently caress Korakuen crowds are great.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles, ROH TV, 2/1/13

Really good match. A little too botchy for MOTY consideration, but well worth a watch. Catch it while the episode is free on the ROH site.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Really good match. A little too botchy for MOTY consideration, but well worth a watch. Catch it while the episode is free on the ROH site.

Seconded.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

Third. That was a great match.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
HM: Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro, WWE Smackdown! 2/7/2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro, WWE Smackdown! 2/7/2014

I'd say it was a little short to be an HM, but I would want to nominate:

HM: Randy Orton v. Christian, WWE Smackdown! 2/7/14

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
I don't think either was HM quality, honestly. Both were solid matches but could have used more time. The whole show was a good episode of TV but I think we're going to see better between Bryan and Cesaro. Christian and Orton have had much better matches in the past, too.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
HM: Kazushi Sakuraba & Yuji Nagata vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka) 2/9 NJPW New Beginning Day 1

Solid loving match even with a DQ finish, cool spots, for a match full of old broken down dudes it was pretty dang good

HM: Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI)

Shibata loving owns so much, brutal offense by him and Goto, good stuff

MOTY: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Goddamn that ending sequence, the dragon suplex, just loving great.

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Feb 9, 2014

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Yuriy posted:

HM: Kazushi Sakuraba & Yuji Nagata vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka) 2/9 NJPW New Beginning Day 1

Solid loving match even with a DQ finish, cool spots, for a match full of old broken down dudes it was pretty dang good

HM: Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI)

Shibata loving owns so much, brutal offense by him and Goto, good stuff

Seconded on both

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Shinsuke Nakamura 2/9 NJPW New Beginning Day 1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - The New Beginning in Hiroshima

Built well to a really exciting climax with a couple of great near finishes. Definitely a great way for the show to end.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - The New Beginning in Hiroshima

Built well to a really exciting climax with a couple of great near finishes. Definitely a great way for the show to end.
I'll go for the HM too. It was a drat good match, but i know it's not going to hold up to the year of NJPW matches to come. I thought Tanahashi/Anderson was better. Still was a drat good match, the finishing rush was great.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

HM: BULLET CLUB (King Fale, Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson & Prince Devitt) vs. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA), Ryusuke Taguchi & Togi Makabe at NJPW New Beginning in Hiroshima
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura at NJPW New Beginning in Hiroshima

I really loving loved that tag match, and if it had any meaningful significance I'd have no problem nominating it for MOTYC

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
HM: Tenzan-Tarver NJPW The New Beginning 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Am I being trolled?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I know I am.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

I know I am.

If it was anyone but MAtlock, I'd assume it was trolling but honestly it wasn't that bad of a match so I guess if you went into it with really really low expectations maybe it came out looking better than it was?

It was serviceable and would have made a good Raw TV match or whatever

Matlock posted:

I went in with expectations of seeing Michael Tarver. I came out of the match feeling as if it were a solid match that outdid his WWE work.

Yea see I can see where he's coming from but like comparing it to pretty much any match last night other than the big daddy yum yum one, i would never think to nominate it for anything besides "surprisingly didn't suck"

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 9, 2014

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I went in with expectations of seeing Michael Tarver. I came out of the match feeling as if it were a solid match that outdid his WWE work.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

If it was anyone but MAtlock, I'd assume it was trolling but honestly it wasn't that bad of a match so I guess if you went into it with really really low expectations maybe it came out looking better than it was?

It was serviceable and would have made a good Raw TV match or whatever

Yea see I can see where he's coming from but like comparing it to pretty much any match last night other than the big daddy yum yum one, i would never think to nominate it for anything besides "surprisingly didn't suck"

It was a really bad match and Tarver's idiocy moving his arms around led to Tenzan getting busted open. It should probably be up for WMOTY.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

It was a really bad match and Tarver's idiocy moving his arms around led to Tenzan getting busted open. It should probably be up for WMOTY.

I don't agree, it wasn't that bad and Tenzan fell onto his elbow and sliced his head open, you watch MMA, you know how easy it is to cut a dude with elbows, blaming that poo poo on Tarver isn't legit

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

I don't agree, it wasn't that bad and Tenzan fell onto his elbow and sliced his head open, you watch MMA, you know how easy it is to cut a dude with elbows, blaming that poo poo on Tarver isn't legit

Tarver's movement is entirely to blame.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Tarver's movement is entirely to blame.

So if I fall on the sidewalk and smack my head, it's the sidewalk's fault?

Watch it again or find a GIF or something, he fell directly on an elbow that was in the air and it hit his head.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

So if I fall on the sidewalk and smack my head, it's the sidewalk's fault?

Watch it again or find a GIF or something, he fell directly on an elbow that was in the air and it hit his head.

An elbow Target was flailing around. You aren't supposed to do that. If you crash right into a car that swerved into your lane, it isn't your fault.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

That match was very much below average.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

HulkaMatt posted:

That match was very much below average.

D+ Match of the Year Candidate Tenzan-Tarver NJPW The New Beginning 2014