Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
god a poo poo cherry on a great sundae, it was so close to being good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

NienNunb posted:

MOTYC: Bray/Ambrose, TLC

Hell no.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

It really is loving ridiculous how Dean never loving wins unlike every other wwe face ever.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Can't even give Wyatt vs Ambrose a HM thanks to that loving finish. Jesus.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

do we do awards for best or worst show of a year, just asking, no particular reason

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Worst match of the year: Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt, TEE ELL gently caress this

i hate wrestling

i hate my eyes for letting me watch this, i'm surprised my stupid loving tv didn't blow up and blind me

i hate everything and everyone

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

WMOTYC: Bray/Ambrose, TLC

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

NienNunb posted:

MOTYC: Bray/Ambrose, TLC

I was ready to give it an HM, but after that finish, nope.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jackie D posted:

do we do awards for best or worst show of a year, just asking, no particular reason

Yep, PSP Awards in early Jan. I can only imagine that the voting will be close :rolleyes:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yuriy posted:

Posted: October 26th, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If you vote for that for WMOTY you're a dumb baby.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

epitasis posted:

WMOTYC: Bray/Ambrose, TLC

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.
HM: Ziggler vs Harper, TLC
WMOTYC: Cena/Rollins, TLC
WMOTYC: Kane/The Ryback, TLC

The Match That Made Me Hate the WWE All Over Again: Bray/Dean, TLC

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'll throw Bray/Ambrose an HM. It was fun, and the finish (and especially the reaction to the finish) was hilarious, but it was not even in the top 3 matches this week.

E: HM: Bray/Ambrose, TLC

Senerio fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 15, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jackie D posted:

Yeah, and unlike the Observer awards December counts for this year

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

LoboLoboLobo posted:

HM: Biff Busick vs. Speedball Mike Bailey - Beyond Wrestling: Alive and Kicking - 10/29/14
HM: Team Tremendous vs. Young Bucks - Beyond Wrestling: Tournament for Tomorrow 3 - 10/30/14

I definitely think both shows are worth watching though, tons of fantastic wrestling.

I'll second these. Saw the raw footage for Alive and Kicking and if there are two Beyond shows to check out, I'd get these.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM Bray Wyatt vs Dean Ambrose - TLCS 12/14/14

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

This is gonna be a weird thing to count.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Is that 4 WMOTY nominations from WWE in a single week? Is that a record?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

a bunch of death bumps on the old bump card undercut by a banana peel finish that gets no one over should not be encouraged with favorable internet votes

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i'll vote ambrose/wyatt as hm if it will stop it from being a wmotyc because that's really dumb

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I'm gonna skip over that and instead back up the nomination for Cena/Rollins, TLC for WMOTYC.

At least the main event was "just" a crazy-go-nuts match with a horrible ending.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

epitasis posted:

a bunch of death bumps on the old bump card undercut by a banana peel finish that gets no one over should not be encouraged with favorable internet votes

Agreed. A good finish easily makes that 4+ stars for me. lovely finish ruined it, and banana peel to close a ppv makes it worse.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Spermgod posted:

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki & Kento Miyahara vs. Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori AJPW 12/06

reminded me of like a Jumbo/Fuchi vs. Misawa/Kawada tag (in style, not quality). if this match was called by JR there'd be a "WITH AUTHORITY!" after like everything Akiyama did, he is just amazing at the execution of moves. probably one of the most under the radar WOTY candidates. i like Miyahara so much it makes me wish AJPW would go under already so he doesn't have to spend any more of his career in such a dead end promotion.

quoting since this got lost in the shuffle with nxt and tlc. if you like japanese wrestling i would be surprised if you didnt rate this pretty highly.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

This is gonna be a weird thing to count.

Do it like last year's Ryback/Cena at Payback where it was both a HM & WMotY.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
MOTYC: Virus vs. Dragon Lee II, CMLL 12/09

maybe not as good as i hoped from these two (a little awkwardness in between the nice matwork in the first two falls reminding you that DL2 is still a rookie), but still really good. incredible 3rd fall. given the reactions he elicits from the typically apathetic Arena México crowds DL2 seems like he should be a future superstar but it's CMLL so who knows if he ever gets the chance.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTY

Nikki Valentine vs Toxis from NECW Episode 69. Just awful, Nikki Valentine is one of the worst wrestlers I've seen and the finish is god awful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-D_FDH5js

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
holy gently caress

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Johnny Thunder vs Tim Lennox, NECW Episode 69, just for the worst feet on the ropes finish I have ever seen.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTY

Nikki Valentine vs Toxis from NECW Episode 69. Just awful, Nikki Valentine is one of the worst wrestlers I've seen and the finish is god awful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-D_FDH5js

Hahahahahaha this is incredible

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Man those are the skankiest looking women, even for "pro"wrestling.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTY

Normally I'm all for seeing more "husky" women's wrestlers but Toxis looks like every fat goth girl I saw in high school.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTY

Holy poo poo, everybody needs to watch this :suspense:

When she "pulls" her sister out at the end, oh my God - this is the Worst Match of the Year.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 17, 2014

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki & Kento Miyahara vs. Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori AJPW 12/06

reminded me of like a Jumbo/Fuchi vs. Misawa/Kawada tag (in style, not quality). if this match was called by JR there'd be a "WITH AUTHORITY!" after like everything Akiyama did, he is just amazing at the execution of moves. probably one of the most under the radar WOTY candidates. i like Miyahara so much it makes me wish AJPW would go under already so he doesn't have to spend any more of his career in such a dead end promotion.
second

Spermgod posted:

MOTYC: Virus vs. Dragon Lee II, CMLL 12/09

maybe not as good as i hoped from these two (a little awkwardness in between the nice matwork in the first two falls reminding you that DL2 is still a rookie), but still really good. incredible 3rd fall. given the reactions he elicits from the typically apathetic Arena México crowds DL2 seems like he should be a future superstar but it's CMLL so who knows if he ever gets the chance.
i'll go HM but yeah this is a lot of fun. Lotta good wrestling these days I'm rea-

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTY

:stare:

oatgan fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 17, 2014

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTY

nthed, gently caress wow

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The match was garbage and it was a gently caress finish. Toxis looks like a random fat goth from high school and Valentine didn't leave much more of an impression.

WMOTY Nikki Valentine vs Toxis

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think whoever the 6'3 lady who probably weighed under 150 pounds being the chokeslam monster redeems it a lot.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTY

The faces in this match are the kids playing in the background ignoring what's happening in the ring

nthd

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
HM - Jimmy KAGETORA vs Yuga Hayashi - DG 12/6

Pardon the video quality/really whacked out aspect ratio.

You have Jimmy KAGETORA, who is traditionally one of the best workers in Dragon Gate even if he rarely gets beyond Twin/Triangle Gate level. You have Yuga Hayashi, the newest kid from the Dragon Gate dojo and the strongest Rookie of the Year Candidate. This follows the typical established roster member vs young boy match trope, but Yuga gives it to KAGETORA and takes him to the brink. The crowd in Sapporo gets hot at the end and Dragon Gate has another potential star in Hayashi. I think it's the best Rookie match in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MOTYC: Daisuke Harada vs. Atsushi Kotoge - 06.12.2014 NOAH

excellent build to the last two minutes or so which are UNBELIEVABLE

oatgan fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 20, 2014

• Locked thread