Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

MOTYC: Daisuke Harada vs. Atsushi Kotoge - 06.12.2014 NOAH

excellent build to the last two minutes or so which are UNBELIEVABLE

Second. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MOTYC: Naomichi Marafuji vs. Takashi Sugiura - 06.12.2014 NOAH

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTY

Nikki Valentine vs Toxis from NECW Episode 69. Just awful, Nikki Valentine is one of the worst wrestlers I've seen and the finish is god awful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-D_FDH5js

jumping in and calling this the WMOTY

WNBAvril Lavigne vs. Toxis something I want to see

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTY

Nikki Valentine vs Toxis from NECW Episode 69. Just awful, Nikki Valentine is one of the worst wrestlers I've seen and the finish is god awful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-D_FDH5js

I really can't decide what's worse: the actual wrestling or the ending. :psyduck:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

Nth both of these. Go out of your way to watch them.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

oatgan posted:

Somebody needs to tell Atsushi to stop obviously stomping with his headbutts. Otherwise, I 4th this nomination.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Wazzu posted:

Somebody needs to tell Atsushi to stop obviously stomping with his headbutts. Otherwise, I 4th this nomination.
I've had the opportunity to hear his headbutts in person and they're so loving sickening, you can hear them over the whole building.

oatgan posted:

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I'll Nth Harada-Kotoge, haven't gotten to the other one yet but the match got really loving good around the time they did all the apron stuff and the last five minutes was very fun. I really like Kotoge's offense and loved the way Harada celebrated his early "victory".

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
I'll go ahead and HM the Okada/Shinsuke/Ishii vs Tana/Makabe/Ibushi 6 man from 12/20 Road to Tokyo Dome NJPW

Fun as gently caress, lots of cool spots

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

I'll go ahead and HM the Okada/Shinsuke/Ishii vs Tana/Makabe/Ibushi 6 man from 12/20 Road to Tokyo Dome NJPW

Fun as gently caress, lots of cool spots

2nd

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
MOTYC: Yuki Ishikawa vs. Sansyu, Battle Arts 4: PUSH 11/15

oh my god this loving ruled. the legend carries a perfectly serviceable student to a ****+ match. fun as gently caress violent sprint. maybe more into this than i would otherwise be because it's such a rare style to see these days buuut gently caress it. easily the most believably violent spectacle i've seen this year within the context of a worked match. thank you santino marella for making this happen.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 21, 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HM: Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper, WWE Raw 12/22

Both guys went all-out in a throwaway show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

Both guys went all-out in a throwaway show.

Seconding

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
HM: DOI DARTS TEN MAN TAG - Kenichiro Arai, Punch Tominaga, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, CIMA, Yuga Hayashi v Gamma, Shachihoko BOY, Don Fujii, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda - Dragon Gate. 16.12.2014

So much to digest with this one. Yuga Hayashi makes his claim for Rookie of the Year. Don Fuiji embraces his heel side along with the other Mad Blankey members. And the crowd is electric for Dragon Gate's traditional farewell to Tokyo.

EDIT: Thanks to Oatgan for the DM link.

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 23, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'll second that, that was a really fun match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

HM: DOI DARTS TEN MAN TAG - Kenichiro Arai, Punch Tominaga, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, CIMA, Yuga Hayashi v Gamma, Shachihoko BOY, Don Fujii, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda - Dragon Gate. 16.12.2014.

So much to digest with this one. Yuga Hayashi makes his claim for Rookie of the Year. Don Fuiji embraces his heel side along with the other Mad Blankey members. And the crowd is electric for Dragon Gate's traditional farewell to Tokyo. As soon as this shows up on DM (It was up on before but I can't find it) I will post the link.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...-yosuke-s_sport

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
HM: Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt, WWE Raw 12/22

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HM: Tomasso Ciampa vs Cedric Alexander, ROH TV 12/20

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

oatgan posted:

second this. poo poo got crazy for just being an ROHTV match.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

oatgan posted:

Thirding. A really fun match.

Also,
HM- Prince Puma vs. Fenix vs. Pentagon Jr. Vs. Drago vs. Mascarita Sagrada vs. Superfly vs. Big Ryck vs. El Mariachi Loco vs. King Cuerno vs. Som of Havoc, Lucha Underground, 12/17

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

oatgan posted:

fourthed lots of really good poo poo. watch ROH tv y'all

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'll go HM for Young Bucks vs. Sydal/ACH from ROH TV on 12/13 as well.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MOTYC: BxB Hulk vs. Shingo Takagi - Dragon Gate 12/28

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

oatgan posted:

Seconded

HM: Big R Shimizu/Masaaki Mochizuki/Dragon Kid v Jimmy Susumu/Ryo Jimmy Saito/Genki Horiguichi HAGeeMee! - Dragon Gate 12/28
HM: YAMATO/Cyber Kong v T-Hawk/Eita - Dragon Gate 12/28

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
HM: Shynron vs. AR Fox - Beyond Wrestling: Ends Meet 12/28

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

Thirded

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Seconded

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

LoboLoboLobo posted:

HM: Shynron vs. AR Fox - Beyond Wrestling: Ends Meet 12/28

Seconding this.

(Pretty good show overall though a bit long but check it out when it's out)

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

oatgan posted:

Just watched this and I agree. Need to see Ciampa in a Guerrilla Warfare match someday, I think the Reseda atmosphere could make it really special.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You know what, I'll throw a bone

HM: The Usos vs. The Miz & Damien Mizdow, WWE RAW 12/29

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM - Matt Sydal & ACH vs. Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe, ROH TV, 12/27

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Haven't checked this lately

Spermgod posted:

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki & Kento Miyahara vs. Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori AJPW 12/06

reminded me of like a Jumbo/Fuchi vs. Misawa/Kawada tag (in style, not quality). if this match was called by JR there'd be a "WITH AUTHORITY!" after like everything Akiyama did, he is just amazing at the execution of moves. probably one of the most under the radar WOTY candidates. i like Miyahara so much it makes me wish AJPW would go under already so he doesn't have to spend any more of his career in such a dead end promotion.

Nth

HM: Virus vs. Dragon Lee II, CMLL 12/09

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

HM - Jimmy KAGETORA vs Yuga Hayashi - DG 12/6

Pardon the video quality/really whacked out aspect ratio.

You have Jimmy KAGETORA, who is traditionally one of the best workers in Dragon Gate even if he rarely gets beyond Twin/Triangle Gate level. You have Yuga Hayashi, the newest kid from the Dragon Gate dojo and the strongest Rookie of the Year Candidate. This follows the typical established roster member vs young boy match trope, but Yuga gives it to KAGETORA and takes him to the brink. The crowd in Sapporo gets hot at the end and Dragon Gate has another potential star in Hayashi. I think it's the best Rookie match in a while.

Second

oatgan posted:

Nth

Nth

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

HM: DOI DARTS TEN MAN TAG - Kenichiro Arai, Punch Tominaga, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, CIMA, Yuga Hayashi v Gamma, Shachihoko BOY, Don Fujii, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda - Dragon Gate. 16.12.2014

So much to digest with this one. Yuga Hayashi makes his claim for Rookie of the Year. Don Fuiji embraces his heel side along with the other Mad Blankey members. And the crowd is electric for Dragon Gate's traditional farewell to Tokyo.

EDIT: Thanks to Oatgan for the DM link.

Nth

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Second

oatgan posted:

Nth

HM: Masaaki Mochizuki, BxB Hulk, Dragon Kid vs. T-Hawk, Eita, Flamita - Dragon Gate 12/6/14

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
MOTYC

The Great Sasuke, Shu Brahman, Kei Brahman & Ultraman Robin vs. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Michinoku Pro Wrestling
Michinoku Pro Battle In Outer Space ~ Battle Of The Gods And The Turtles 14/12/12)

It's MPro's annual Big Dumb Gimmick match. Things you need to know:

- Sasuke spent the year as the Brahman Bros. cult leader. He now has vague Mind Powers
- But he comes in wearing a full space suit (appearantly he transferred cult leader duties to a mini wearing his old gear for the occasion) and still does the Ram Jam
- The turtles I can identify are the Speed of Sound guys and Nohashi, no idea who Fat Michaelangelo is
- THEY'RE THE RUDOS IN THIS SOMEHOW
- This has all the usual Great Space War / Sasuke Kills Himself For Your Pleasure trappings like dumb barrel spots and ladders and such. Also probably Sasuke's dumbest bump ever
- Korakuen is eating all this up with the biggest of spoons

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Illinois Smith posted:

MOTYC

The Great Sasuke, Shu Brahman, Kei Brahman & Ultraman Robin vs. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Michinoku Pro Wrestling
Michinoku Pro Battle In Outer Space ~ Battle Of The Gods And The Turtles 14/12/12)

- Sasuke spent the year as the Brahman Bros. cult leader. He now has vague Mind Powers
- But he comes in wearing a full space suit (appearantly he transferred cult leader duties to a mini wearing his old gear for the occasion) and still does the Ram Jam
- The turtles I can identify are the Speed of Sound guys and Nohashi, no idea who Fat Michaelangelo is
- This has all the usual Great Space War / Sasuke Kills Himself For Your Pleasure trappings like dumb barrel spots and ladders and such. Also probably Sasuke's dumbest bump ever

gently caress it, Second. This match has everything I could ever ask for in a wrestling match: prolonged comedy dick bumps, Raphael kicking the poo poo out of a midget Sasuke, dangerous bumps performed by a wrestler old enough to be my grandfather, and a japanese crowd absolutely losing their poo poo over whats going on.

Gus Sawchuk
Jul 13, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM - Matt Sydal & ACH vs. Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish vs. Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe, ROH TV, 12/27

Seconded

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

super macho dude posted:

gently caress it, Second. This match has everything I could ever ask for in a wrestling match: prolonged comedy dick bumps, Raphael kicking the poo poo out of a midget Sasuke, dangerous bumps performed by a wrestler old enough to be my grandfather, and a japanese crowd absolutely losing their poo poo over whats going on.

Yes third. This poo poo is crazy.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Illinois Smith posted:

MOTYC

This was majestic, like the finest of velvet across my face nth

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

late contender for WMOTY

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2du95a_aztecaser-vs-bob-sapp-igf_sport

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

HEY IS THERE A 2015 ONE OF THESE BECAUSE THE DOME SHOW IS ON

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
IF ANYONE WONDERED ABOUT HOW DECEMBER NOMINATIONS ENDED UP:

MOTYC

Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson & ACH vs. Christopher Daniels, Kazarian & Cedric Alexander – 12/07 ROH Final Battle 2014
Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Cole – 12/07 ROH Final Battle 2014
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks – 12/11 NXT Takeover: R-Evolution
Adrian Neville vs. Sami Zayn – 12/11 NXT Takeover: R-Evolution
Daisuke Harada vs. Atsushi Kotoge - 12/06 NOAH
BxB Hulk vs. Shingo Takagi - 12/28 Dragon Gate
The Great Sasuke, Shu Brahman, Kei Brahman & Ultraman Robin vs. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 12/12 Michinoku Pro Wrestling
Michinoku Pro Battle In Outer Space ~ Battle Of The Gods And The Turtles

HM

Johnny Mundo vs. Big Ryck vs. Prince Puma - 12/10 Lucha Underground
Roderick Strong vs. Adam Page – 12/07 ROH Final Battle 2014
Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish vs. Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA – 12/07 ROH Final Battle 2014
OI4K (Jake & Dave Crist) v. The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) - 12/13 CZW Cage of Death 16
Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper - 12/13 WWE TLC and Stairs
Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt - 12/13 WWE TLC and Stairs
Kenichiro Arai, Punch Tominaga, Yosuke<3Santa Maria, CIMA, Yuga Hayashi vs. Gamma, Shachihoko BOY, Don Fujii, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Kanda - 12/16 Dragon Gate
Tomasso Ciampa vs Cedric Alexander - 12/20 ROH TV
Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper - 12/22 WWE Raw
YAMATO/Cyber Kong vs. T-Hawk/Eita - 12/28 Dragon Gate

WMOTYC

John Cena vs. Big Show – 12/08 WWE RAW
Natalya vs. Charlotte – 12/08 WWE RAW
Big Show vs. Erick Rowan - 12/13 WWE TLC and Stairs
John Cena vs. Seth Rollins - 12/13 WWE TLC and Stairs
Kane vs. Ryback - 12/13 WWE TLC and Stairs
Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt - 12/13 WWE TLC and Stairs
Nikki Valentine vs. Toxis - 07/24 NECW Episode 69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Yo is there a vote on these things for the best match of the year and if so is it like a tournament thing?

Cos Having all the best matches of each month pitted against each other in a vote would be rad.

• Locked thread