Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

double nine posted:

On the upside the game has preconfigured HUD setups in the settings menu. I really like the HUD in Deus Ex - especially that you can edit all the notes you get during a playthrough - and add your own! It's basically a fully functional notepad. I don't think there has been a game in the last 10 years that allowed you to write ingame(outside of scribblenauts and typing of the dead, obviously, but that's for a different goal)
The DS Zeldas are pretty much based around being able to write whenever.

This looks like the kind of Deus Ex LP I was waiting for. Game's really loving good yo. I'm a latecomer to its magic, but it definitely managed to catch me still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Based on my experiences I had while toying with the Pepper Spray on my most recent run, I'm going to second this. While it's only as effective at incapacitating single enemies as a single jab from the prod, the one big advantage that the Spray does have is that it can be easily used on multiple opponents at once. Very handy if you want to stop a pack of NSF halfwits from filling you full of lead so you can make a quick escape.

The Gas Grenades are this in a more controlled release as well. Toss one in a crowd and watch as your hapless victims stop to rub their eyes like the fools that they are! :black101:
I watched a nonlethal run some time ago, and he used Pepper Spray all the time. As you said, just great for crowds, and very obviously the easiest solution for many problems of two or three assholes standing next to each other.

Another for the pile of "didn't know about any of the medbots", by the way.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I never got a point in medicine. Didn't see the point. Because I savescummed like a motherfucker from the get-go. No you don't get to hurt me. Did someone just say that he saw me? Reload! Headshot missed, drew attention? Let's redo until it sticks.

If this sounds painfully boring to you, you probably are normal. For me, I probably never took a single point of damage I didn't want and was also probably never detected by anyone. Yay? It speaks great lengths about the game's quality that it was still insanely fun.

Also, I could try out every single optional route until I found the best. Think I was pretty thorough, but definitely not enough to find everything, that's impossible...

...I should reinstall this and mod it and...

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Paul is changing the gently caress out of the subject, it's almost funny in how blatant he's doing it. JC, of course, doesn't notice it at all, much like he is oblivious to a lot of other things.

I guess that's kind of the point (especially considering the choices you can make - his personality needs to be bland whenever you don't actively make him express an opinion), but it immediately leads to the dialogue being kind of off.

I only notice bad voice acting when it's incredibly flagrant, and I have zero problems with the performance of the actors in Deus Ex, but the writing is pretty stilted because it has to be and I don't think there's a better way around it. Maybe how Human Revolution did it (gruff voice and backstory which explains a certain emotional crippledness if you excuse the pun).

• Locked thread