Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fixelbrumpf
May 26, 2001

Oh hey, I liked Deus Ex quite a lot when it came out, but I felt it did have some issues, such as the fact that it loved to bug out on me after beating it once for some weird reason, or the fact that some of the locations felt more like set pieces rather than parts of a game world due to the limitations of the engine. Still, it's really interesting that it seems to become clear only in retrospect how good the game really was. I remember it catching a bit of flak for looking fairly bland even when it came out.

People are probably going to kill me for this but - has anyone ever played the PS2 version? I hear there were quite a number of changes made to it, starting from the interface to the level layout. I'd really like a decent video showing off the differences.

Also, looking forward to your future "lectures", now where's my trusty tinfoil hat?

J.theYellow posted:

Actually, Warren Spector didn't "work" on Thief The Dark Project, he just got "Special Thanks." System Shock 1, which used the same engine as Thief:TDP, was published through Origin. Warren's job at Origin was producing externally-developed projects.
I believe you mean System Shock 2, which also used the "Dark Engine". System Shock 1 used a souped-up version of the Ultima Underworld engine.

fixelbrumpf fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread