Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Inertia - [ER: 46]

"gently caress is wrong with him?" Katip lifts an eyebrow as he sees Ty leave the room. "Yes, but sometimes we must humor those idiots." He says to Madeleine while turning his head to the holes. "Who knows, she might be planning something with the USCU, she might not. It's good to consider all angles."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Ashita Takemitsu
ER:64

What a jerk! Like nearly everyone in Japan, Ashita had been exposed to stories of foreigners ranging from the horrific to the fascinating to the downright unbelievable. Frankly, most of her interactions abroad had been far more mundane, but she was beginning to understand where certain of those stereotypes might have come from, but, on reflection, thought this fellow wasn't so different from some politicians. So full of himself! Congratulations, you convinced a monofocused workaholic to work towards the thing she has been monofocused on. Let me get you a biscuit.

"That depends how far back you want to go," she replied, "If you think this person would need to interact with me in person, then you might want to speak to my driver, or check security cameras from the airport or hotel, as well as the guest list at the hotel. If they only needed my likeness, there are several digital vectors to think about. The dossier that the Lumines foundation has on me would give certain cues to my behavior as well as my likeness. If you go further than that, from when I was still in Japan, that implies a level of obsession and stalking and precognition I don't want to think about."

"If we consider more esoteric methods, well, the sky is the limit. Perhaps I passed through a controlled space, one infiltrated by whatever their powers are, which absorbed my information. Given the abilities I've seen, I recommend you check the library's Science Fiction section for ways someone could try to steal my identity."

She wasn't being snarky, it really was an impossibly open question. She did try to think if anything stuck out in her memory.

Mind Roll: 9

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Madeline "Red Queen" Magdeline

"You'd be better off asking him.", replies Madeline to Katip. "We may need to evacuate the rooms above, as well as any nearby. Whatever she left... may be into the infrastructure." She walks over to the holes. "And it sounds like it has a pulse, which means a heart somewhere."

Stepping away, she walks towards the entryway to the room, looking to still be in her sour mood. "Normally, I would be inclined to evacuate the entire hotel, but with the riots outside..." She looks away in thought. "... and I wouldn't be inclined to congregate people in one place, with things as they are. We also have other suspect rooms that we may wish to check."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Catalyst ER: 58

"She does. And we'll need it more than this barking." Sofia sweeps past both of them. "We're late for the strategy meeting. Come along."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Robin "Dark Song" Perlbell ER: :siren:106 -> 115:siren:; Init 24; HP 8/24;

As the monster--no, vermin teleports around his attack, breaks free, attacks Bishop, Robin suddenly feels a spike of contempt well up inside him. As though this creature shouldn't...couldn't...didn't deserve to share the same space of existence with him. He clasps his hands together for one massive attack, and this time the sound that comes forward from the flying ball is not a tone, but a word.

DIE.

Okay, from 13xx8, here are the changes to make.
FIRST! Robin gets an extra die from his ER. 14xx8.
THEN! All powers go up in level from the ER. The damage bonus becomes +2, but concentrate is also a power. 14xx7.
Roll +1 die, becomes 15xx7.
One less critical threshold. 15xx6.
Add 10 to final score. 15xx6+10
Treat one die as 10? 14xx6+10 OR 1xx6+20, whichever is higher.
Now then...
[20:21:17] <Davin_Valkri> !r 1xx6+20
[20:21:17] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, (9,)(1)+20 = 31
[20:21:22] <Davin_Valkri> !r 14xx6+10
[20:21:22] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, (10 10 8 8 7 7 6, 5 5 5 4 2 2 1)(10 10 9, 4 3 3 2)(9 6, 3)(9, 4)(5)+10 = 55
[20:21:37] <Davin_Valkri> !r 6d10+2
[20:21:38] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 34+2 = 36

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 28, 2014

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Scene 1

The bat tried to make a run for it, but this time there was no escape. The entire hallway contracted, boxing it in from five sides and blinding it with shining domain particles, making Robin and Conrad's attacks connect with absolute ease. Fatally wounded by their assault, the bat fell to the ground, twitching helplessly, and a man-sized capsule holding an unconscious Robert Perlbell came loose. As she sureveyed the scene, Satsuki smiled. "Only a fool would challenge me in my domain. Nicely done, you two."

The bat rolls to dodge and botches. The combined tons of damage puts it down, just in the nick of time. Well done, guys! Bat Stats coming tomorrow, once I'm not too tired to properly transcribe them and commentate.

Scene 2

SCENE COMPLETE.

The gathering will follow soon, once Scene 4 and some odds and ends are sorted out. Stay tuned for details!

Scene 3

Ty washed his hands mechanically and methodically, leaving the water soapy and reddish. No matter how much he scrubbed, however, the blood wouldn't come off. It even kept dripping! He didn't feel any pain, and he was certain the blood wasn't his, but it still puzzled him. Was he fated to become a modern, inverted counterpart to Lady Macbeth?

---

As he looked towards the holes, Katip noticed two things. First, the holes had depressed deeper, leaving much bigger and obvious gaps in the floor.

Second, and more importantly, the floor near them was now covered in pearly white dust. Carried by an unseen wind, it was starting to spread across the room, expanding in a circular pattern. poo poo.

---

Madeline had barely managed to reach the door's threshold when a little mote of white dust brushed past her, settling on her shoulder for an instant before being carried away by the mysterious wind. It was all it took to set her blood afire and cloud her vision. The spot where the dust had touched her felt like it was burning! Her Renegade must have been reacting to a dangerous Renegade presence. Before she could make a decent assessment, however, she felt something come up her throat and her stomach jumped and contracted, as if it had been hit by a terrible blow. All of a sudden, she felt very sick.

Madeline has to roll a Body check (but not Katip) because of a nasty reaction. Fingers crossed for a good result!

Scene 4

Ex Machina nodded, muttering a few words to the hornet as it covered Ashita in light blue dust. "A fair assessment of the situation, Dis. The field of possibility is too broad when one considers this terrorist, Pandora, has tremendous control over the environment and herself. For the sake of not dabbling with impossibles, we must discard every hypothesis that we cannot construct without simple blind guesswork. If we assume there is no such thing as invisible surveillance, then there must be some sort of tell that will help us determine how Pandora acquired your likeness. Half of the powers she has been displayed so far are extremely overt, leaving clear traces of her intervention to an observant mind. The other half cannot be traced without timely scientific analysis, and thus must also be discarded until such a time as we can find a way to track it. I trust you have heard about the Orcus Syndrome?"

He needn't have asked. Of course Ashita knew about the mysterious Domain Masters, and how they released strange particles to control the environment, the local fauna, and in some cases even other humans, which was why going over their capabilities quickly brought a brief memory back to life. She'd had to wait a little before securing transportation to her hotel because the driver had been delayed, and had spent time in a small garden adjacent to the airport, getting accustomed to the cool northern air of Zurich. While walking through the garden, she'd notice the unusual amounts of pollen the flowers had been releasing. She hadn't paid them much attention back then, but now, that was potentially a valuable clue. Could that have been some sort of 'scan'? Could Pandora have delayed the driver on purpose just to steal her face? It was a terrifying thought, and yet, it made perfect sense considering what she'd been told by the taciturn unit chief.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Transient People posted:

Fingers crossed for a good result!

Yeah, you're going to have to cross quite few more fingers for that, with Madeline's Body score. The total is 7

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
Oof, that doesn't quite make it by a little bit. Because of a massive allergic reaction, Madeline is permanently Dazed until the dust is dealt with or she moves rather far away from it where it can't get to her.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Ashita Takemitsu

"That had actually been the syndrome I was thinking of," she replied, trailing off a bit.

"Yes, that makes sense. Now that I think about it, my driver was delayed, possibly by outside agency or possibly he's a plant, but during that period an unusually pollen-filled garden may have, in-fact been an Orcus-controlled space. When I mentioned a controlled space earlier, I that was my subconscious putting the facts together before I could do so, consciously."

Player note: I actually didn't know Pandora had Orcus powers.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Hellhound
ER: 103
HP: 17

"A little just deserts here and there never hurt anyone." George says to Catalyst with a shrug.

George then helps Julian and Lina and leads them as they all followed Catalyst.

George then walks closer to Catalyst and starts talking, "So, what happened that caused you to ward again? Because I didn't feel anyone mucking with time, and nothing looked Balor."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Catalyst ER: 58

"In retrospect, Pandora's ability to create hallucinations. I saw a visual effect similar to the one created by some Balor powers. That, couple with Airwave's activities, led me to believe an assault was under way." Sofia frowns irritably. "Thus leading me into her trap. It won't happen again. I need to examine the dossier we have on this Pandora in greater detail. There is more going on here than it first appears."

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Hellhound

"Really? Hm..."

George reaches into his mind, looking for the link he feels in the back of his head. He tried to avoid it, but there's something he needs to check out...

Hey, you still there? Did you mess with the brainiac over here or not?

Whether it answers truthfully or not, Catalyst might respond either way...

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Robin "Dark Song" Perlbell ER: :siren:115:siren:; HP 8/24

Robin's eyes glow a very vivid silver grey hue as the vermin bat thrashes about, then lays still. For a moment he completely forgets the pain, forgets Satsuki, forgets Bishop as he rushes forwards and spits on the body. It's only after he's taken out some of his anger glowering at the thing that had killed him--twice--that he notices the capsule off to one side.

"You stupid creature, lie down and di--dad!" The glowing eyes disappear as he rushes to his father's side and starts pounding on the capsule. "Gah...hah...how does this thing open?! Dad!"

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 28, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Inertia - [ER: 46]

"gently caress! Get the out of here, everyone. NOW! Katip says as he grabs Madeleine's hand and starts concentrating, time slowly turning slower and slower to him. While running out of the room and bringing the others back to the lower room, he notices that the elevators and the stairs are completely gone, replaced by brick walls. "God loving damnit!" He snarls.

TP said I could use Emperor's Time to slow time a bit!

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
Sharp
ER 42 + 7

'Out, OUT damned spot!' Even through it all, Ty had to give a silent chuckle at that. Even freaked out as he was, a Shakespeare reference might be just enough to calm down.

"Get out of here everyone! NOW!" Inertia yelled.

Or not.

Poking his head out of the bathroom, he saw a blur head toward the... stairs? There were stairs there, right? Why is there a brick wall there? Feeling a bit lost, Ty turned his head the other way. What he saw explained a lot.

"Well, at least now there's something I'm good for," he muttered to himself.

Turning toward the white cloud, Ty began walking toward the cloud of white dust. He brought his hands up in front of him, and a cloud of glass shards surrounded him. Additionally, a glass shell formed around him, protecting him from the cloud. As he walked through the cloud, the shards in the air pushed the dust aside. With a look of determination, Ty returned to 314.

They weren't finished in there just yet.

Using Shatterstorm + Concentrate and another use of Create Armor to walk safely through the cloud. I figure my original use of the armor wouldn't have been specific enough for this task.

RC roll to reduce the range of the dust.
omegagoo
9:44 !r 5xx7+4
Krysmbot
9:44 omegagoo, (9 7, 2 2 1)(8, 1)(3)+4 = 27

OmegaGoo fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 29, 2014

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Scene 2 (Technically)

The voice that answered George was soft like a whisper, and, so he thought, mocking.

"Men wish to see me as the root of all evil, but not all misfortune is my doing, little puppy. Perhaps I should take an interest in this friend of yours, though. She may turn out to be just as receptive as you, with a little effort."

With that, the voice fell quiet, apparently having said all that it wanted to say.

Scene 3

In just a few minutes, the room had been covered covered by the dust from top to bottom. It had an abandoned look to it now, as if someone had left the windows open and never bothered to close them to keep a snowstorm out. In spite of this, the windows were not just closed, but blacked out, as if night had fallen outside. Ty's barrier held up against the mass of dust - a few particles slipped past him here and there, but for the most part they just formed an angry hurricane around him. It wasn't just the dust and windows that had changed, however. The circle on the floor was now glowing crimson, animated by some supernatural power. It didn't take a genius to guess who was likely responsible for it, but-

Ty nearly slipped and fell as the entire room throbbed. The walls contracted all around him, then expanded outward, before settling down in their previous standing position again. Whatever was controlling the room had not liked his interference, obviously.

Outsides, Madeline felt her sickness lift a little. She still felt a little dizzy, but she didn't feel like throwing up anymore. 'Amy Sztery' must be done playing around now.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 29, 2014

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Sharp
ER 49 + 5

"I am SICK and TIRED of your poo poo!" Ty yelled, holding fast to his barrier, "It's time for some ART!"

The outside of his barrier began to glow a fiery red. Ty held his hands steadily out to his sides, then quickly brought them together in a violent clap. Suddenly. his barrier shattered into a million tiny shards. Or at least, the outer layer exploded, sending a torrent of shards into the center of the room, raining down upon the holes in the floor.

RC attack with Shatterstorm + Concentrate!
!r 5xx7 +4
Krysmbot
10:05 omegagoo, (9, 6 4 4 2)(5) +4 = 19

OmegaGoo fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 29, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Coughing sharply, there's sort of a mist that follows Madeline as she exits the room, trailing in streams after. The human eye can't see the dead bodies spill into the air as more than the faint mist, but this is that it looks like when renegade virii go to war.

The coughing seems to fade as the room's sealing away, though, trying to cough into her sleeve. As she moves her arm away, her jacket has a small bloodstain as she looks over her shoulder. "Ugh... what?", she says, looking around, and then manages to talk in a ragged voice into her communicator. "We've got a virus bombing in room 314, and a some kind of Orcus power walling us in... the suspect should be very close. If we can just lock down the hotel..."

... well. It's a logical assumption to make.

Tossing down a Knowledge: Renegade of 9 to try and ID the wall effect.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Hellhound

I doubt it, I'm a bit... special. George relays his thoughts with a mental image. makes me easier to target but my head could just be a trap, you know... Still wanna stick around?

"Gotta wonder why she'd make you 'unwrap the presents' early, Catalyst, looked to me like she didn't want us to."

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Scene 2 (Interlude)

"And that is worse than an eternity spent in a cell?" George heard the voice scoff. "I wish to feel the sunlight on my body once again. I wish to drink the beauty of the world, and let others bask in my gentle glow. I want freedom, little dog. If I must risk myself to escape this prison, then it is worthwhile to dare. There are things beneath the stars much more terrifying than a frenzied beast."

Scene 3

Ty's vision was immediately whited out. It took him a moment to realize it was because the holes had spat an absurd amount of dust out, and that the pulsing had stopped. As he cleared his vision, he noticed that the circle had also stopped glowing. Of course, this made the sudden CRACK! as enormous rootlike veins tore the walls down and revealed themselves across the room all the more surprising. It seemed the...'infection', for lack of a better term, was far more widespread than just a few little holes. The room didn't so much have a ceiling anymore as it did a jungle canopy.

---

From outside, Madeline managed to get a good look at the root-veins in the walls. They had a rugged texture, not unlike a tree's bark, but their brown-yellowish colour was more reminiscent of skin than anything else. Her keen eyes saw little black and yellow motes all over them - Orcus Domain particles, though these...things looked genuine, boosted by Enhanced Growth from a plant base, and perhaps more. Solaris chemicals, maybe?

And that wasn't everything to them. Looking a little more closely, Madeline saw something silvery coursing downward through the walls, traveling upward. She couldn't be sure what it was from outside, but it appeared to be some kind of liquid.

---

The bricks blocking the access to the stairs moved out of the way noiselessly, in front of Katip's own eyes. At the same time, the elevator arrived with a 'DING!' and its doors opened. They could leave now, if they wanted, or at least so it seemed.

---

"Understood. I will contact the UGN Zurich branch and arrange for an Agent specialize in area control to lock down the area. Expect backup in five to ten minutes." Short and to the point, the Unit Chief's message was broadcast to all three of the agents. If they could keep the suspect from escaping for just a little longer, she'd be left with no way out.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 29, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Inertia - [ER: 46-49]

Katip quickly pulls Madeleine with him as they duck once Ty lets out his shrapnel wave through the floor. "Try not to hit us as well, idiot!" He says before pointing at the elevator. "Pretty sure that is another trap if we are on a loving Orcus' domain, and we can't leave without giving this bitch a chance to leave."

He then notices the root that Madeleine found. "So, guess we have something being fed on the floor above. You two, get the hell back." He takes a few steps to the exit of the room, trying to keep a safe distance and starts concentrating at the roots. Inertia lifts his two hands in the air and focuses on the wall spot where the roots are located and quickly moves down his arms. A small gravity well forms and starts pulling whatever is on the floor above down.

Quite strongly. Inertia's concentration made sure that the gravity on the spot is almost at a singularity level!

Using Black Hammer plus Concentrate!

<Plutonis> !r 6xx7+2
<Krysmbot> Plutonis, (10 9, 5 4 3 1)(10 9,)(8, 3)(9,)(7,)(3)+2 = 55

JESUS CHRIST!

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Hellhound

Oh? Did you call anyone else? I bet you're good at reeling in people going over the deep end.

George decided to take an interest in the Moonlight Queen, until she turns dangerous at least...(Changing emotions of moonlight Queen to Curious/Fear)

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Interlude

"Hmm? What's the matter, little puppy? Are you afraid that you are not as special as you thought you were?" The Queen's laughter was very different from Pandora's. It wasn't beautiful and bell-like but wild and scornful and entrancing, so full of life and purpose that it made one want to listen to it forever. "Rest easy, I have not grown desperate enough to debase myself by dealing with common men. I've been listening, waiting for a long time. Recently, I've sensed several new presences worthy of me. A void that sucks everything inside, one who is cold like ice and driven by a singular purpose, one who wishes to die and another who would rather never have been born. These are more of them, but they all share something in common: None of them are like you. None of them know what it is like to live, to truly feel alive and unburdened. That is what makes you special, little puppy. Your inner animal makes you more than just an empty shell. You should nurture him more. He is, after all, the only reason you exist."

Scene 3:

The Agents were deafened as the entire Rom 414 was pulled down to the floor below with a crash, scattering dust everywhere, causing Katip to start coughing. As he tried to wipe it off his face, Katip saw that the roots took a sharp left turn around the middle of the room, crossing over to what must have been Room 413, moving ever upwards. Up above, the roots were thicker, but whoever was controlling them was not there. Cut by the whirlwind of things Katip had pulled down and broken, some of the roots were bleeding the silver sap Madeline had seen before. It glistened as it trickled down across the walls, leaving a wet trail behind.

To Katip, none of this really mattered anymore. It was so STUPID. He was absolutely loving tired of the haunted house bullshit, tired of being jerked around by some crazy broad, and tired of dealing with that stupid loving rookie who'd nearly gotten them all killed with his reckless power usage. It was almost enough to drive him mad, mad enough to feel like caving someone's skull in.

Katip has to make a body check to not inhale the dust (and bombs it), meaning he is now under the effect of a Level 3 Frenzy, Adrenaline and Tranquility cocktail, rendered Berserk, gaining a +9 bonus to his attack damage and a +3 bonus to all his Mind and Body checks, plus losing 3 HP per round for the forseeable future.

Oh yeah, and he needs to make an Impulse check. What fun!

Transient People fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 29, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Conrad
85->87->89

28 HP

"AAAAAAAGH! SUFFER!"

It takes Conrad a moment to realizes he is striking a corpse. He blinks. His breathing steadies. "poo poo." He deflates back to the nebbish Mr. Lande, minus one small detail.

"Here, I think I can get him out of there..." He stares at the capsule critically, then picks a point.

Conrad reaches out and plunges his hands straight though the outside of the capsule, grasping Mr. Perlbell firmly. "Here, give me a hand and pull me back- I'm not the strongest man around..."

Component Analysis, then, if possible, Wall Bypass.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

Hellhound

I do that, and everyone, including you, is dead. That's the problem with you and him, no self control. It's why you're both locked up and forgotten in the first place. Hell, I bet you're talking to me because you're lonely and too proud to look at other empy shells or whatever. You're more of a 'puppy' than I am. Prove me wrong. :smugdog:

Even if what Geoge was saying wasn't true at all, it should get something out of the Moonlight Queen.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 29, 2014

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Scene 1

With the help of the other two Overed, Conrad had no problems pulling Mr. Perlbell out of the capsule. He was out cold, but otherwise seemed to be OK. As he caught his breath, his earpiece crackled again.

"Bishop, given your words, I am led to believe that the situation is now under control. Confirm or deny this, Over."

Interlude

Like a whisper in the wind, Sofia heard a distant voice. It was very far away, speaking to her from the depths of the underworld. It took her a second to understand what it was saying, so muted was the sound of it.

"Speak...to me...a matter of life and...victory depends on it..."

Sofia can choose to accept or rebuff the Contact. Accepting will open up a Lois with the Moonlight Queen, plus a voice-to-head connection and viceversa with a few advantages. Rebuffing will mean some nice peace and quiet.

Scene 4

Perhaps it was Ashita's imagination, but Ex Machina's stare seemed to grow more piercing, even though his blank face evidenced no change. He muttered a few phrases in an incomprehensible language, followed by the hornet's sting splitting into some sort of radar dish aimed at her. "Interesting. Perhaps this merits further investigation." He said, and fell silent. Moments later, the hornet's sting snapped shut again and the pale man nodded. "According to my analysis, you are as healthy as one could hope for given the circumstances, and showing no traces of Pandora's influence. Given this information, I see no reasons to restrict your freedom of movement beyond requiring your presence in a strategy meeting in the next few minutes." He turned around to go, but did not move. "If you have any questions you'd like to make, the meeting will be a good time to air them. Unless, of course, you believe these inquiries would be best left as private as possible."

GM's Note: For the curious, this was in the same post where I announced my picks, mentioned by Ra'id. Since I know it's easy to miss very hidden details like that though, I'll be taking some steps to address lack of information soon.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 29, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"What are you do-", Madeline says near the elevator, before raising an arm to shield herself from dust and debris. "Will either of you think before acting?" Reaching into her pocket, she pulls out a simple nail, plunging it into her palm with a sharp wince.. "Follow the roots - and actually communicate about what you're doing instead of panicking!"

Raising her hand, blood streams from her palm in amounts that defy anatomy, curling up towards a form like a sanguine cloud. She frowns, calling out, "You can always try the door to 413, if you haven't blown the room into the street!"

Going to use Red Servant I may, or will wait until we init if necessary.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Conrad

"Yes sir, for a given value of 'under control.'" Conrad looks around. "The package is safe but the area is not secure. Would appreciate some support- I'm pretty spent." He hauls Mr. Perlbell up on one shoulder. "Robin, if you'll get the other side?"

Probably shouldn't report on young Perlbell right in front of him. "Other matters have also come up but they can wait until we're safe. You'll hear me screaming if anything else happens. Over."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

While his father's state is still uncertain, Robin is happy to keep quiet as Mr. Lande--Bishop--pops whatever lock is holding the capsule down. He even rushes forwards to help him pick up his dad and check to see if he's okay. But once he's over his shoulder and Robin's confirmed he's alive...

"You know I can hear him, right, Bishop?" he hisses as his eyes briefly, suddenly flash again. "The man you're speaking to? Who is he, and what does he want with my father?"

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Scene 1

"A cleanup team is on the way, Bishop. If you are in a fit enough state to do so, return with the package to USCU HQ. Pandora has been more active than we were expecting." There was a brief pause, and then the Unit Chief spoke again.

"And tell Miss Kamishiro to come with you. There's someone she should see."

"Management running you ragged?" Satsuki asked as Conrad relayed the situation to his superior. "That's pretty rough. Need a hand with cleaning this place up? I'm not a Janitor, but I can leave this place looking like new." She offered, unaware of the orders Conrad had just received.

Scene 3

Technically not really a scene post, but confirming Madeline can generate a Red Servant before a fight breaks out. Everybody else has gotten enough opportunity to get an action in, after all.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 29, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Conrad

Conrad freezes for a minute, then remembers that for one, this is a kid, and for two, he's done nothing wrong at all. "My orders were to keep your father safe, and thankfully I've succeeded with all of your help, which I'm grateful for. Since you obviously heard them, my orders are to take your father to a safe place. That's it. If they want something else I don't know about it. Either way, this building isn't safe and we are leaving."

He turns to the third (third! he thinks. This is such a mess.) Overed in the room. "Miss Kamishiro, I appreciate the offer but said management has asked you to come as well. Apparently there's someone you should see?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

The voice in Bishop's ear crackles again, and Robin gleans even more information from the new orders. Or at least some new words.

"You didn't answer my question," he whispers again as his eyes flash once more. How dare he try to hide what he wants from him, after what just happened! "And what is Pandora, what is the USCU, and what does it want Satsuki and my father?!" With his free arm he suddenly motions back towards the vermin bat. "I know what death feels like. That monster killed me. Twice. I think I've earned a straight answer."

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 29, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Conrad

Conrad sighs. "I died too, you know. You're not unique in that regard. My brother, he'-" Not the time Conrad! "Anyway, I work for the UGN- the Universal Guardian Network. The USCU is just our cover here, it's not important. Pandora is the opposition and presumably they sent the bat, though I can't prove that. It makes sense though; the UGN sends me to guard your father for reasons I wasn't told, a bat gets sent to kidnap him for reasons I don't understand. All very symmetric." He laughs a nervous little laugh. "Though since you are also an Overed I assume that might have something to do with it."

He pants a little. After all that running, even with help hauling Mr. Perlbell is exhausting. "As for Miss Kamishiro, my boss seems to know her, and obviously she's one of us. That's really all I know. At this point if she says no I'm in no condition to complain."

K Prime fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 29, 2014

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Scene 1

Curiosity was apparent in Satsuki's expression as she nodded at Conrad. "No, that's fine. I'm intrigued about what your boss wants now. Especially if Pandora is involved, this has to be something pretty big." Turning to Robin, Satsuki put a reassuring hand on his arm. "I've met UGN agents before, Robin. Some of them aren't very nice people, but they'd never go after your father with evil intentions. Their goal is to save the world from those who'd drive it to ruin. If this is some kind of trick, I'll help you and your father stay safe. I promise." She was so calm and confident that Robin got the feeling that this was a promise Satsuki Kamishiro was not just willing to make, but was also capable of fulfilling, no matter how dire the circumstances got. His gut told him she was trustworthy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Inertia - [ER: 49]

"SHUT THE gently caress UP, GODDAMNIT! AT LEAST WE ARE ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING THAT MATTERS!" Katip yells at Madeleine as he climbs the debrises from the fallen room and heading to the room 413 from there. He tries to shake his head and cool off. That kind of behavior is really unprofessional after all...

Encroachment increase

Impulse check
<Plutonis> !r 6xx10+1
<Krysmbot> Plutonis, (10, 8 7 5 1 1)(9)+1 = 20

Spending Minor Action to get out of Berserk.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Sharp
ER 54

The room died, and then the ceiling caved in. That's exactly what he was expecting. Yup.

About that time, the Red Queen's admonishments drilled into his brain.

"Alright, alright. Let's get moving upstairs then," he said, returning to the stairwell near Madeline, "And for the record, you two weren't in any danger of the shards. I was using them to push everything in the OTHER direction. Believe it or not, sometimes I DO know what I'm doing." While Ty seemed mostly calm, there was an edge to his delivery that hinted at something more.

He headed up the stairs to 413.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Universal Guardian Network!? He's not sure if they can see it, but Robin's eyes widen, just a touch, when Bishop says those words. So these were the one's he had talked about! The traitors to all Overed--! And Bishop was--!

A small part of him wants to grab his father, punch Bishop in the gut, and run for it, somewhere, anywhere. A sudden slip as his legs almost give out under him tell him that that won't happen. And then Satsuki puts a hand on his free shoulder and whispers her words. Well...either she was right and Bishop (at least) was okay, in which case he his father would be fine. Or they were all in this together to entrap him, which, as a sudden twinge of pain in his arm tells him, he can't actually do anything about. Nuts. She seemed okay, though. At least she'd given him her actual name before.

"Er...thanks, Satsuki." he says with a blush. "Alright, I'll roll with this. For now. You sound like you know something about this Pandora?"

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Scene 1

"Not as much as I'd like, but I think I know more than he does." She said, glancing at Conrad. "She's a terrorist, nominally working for the rogue Overed organization False Hearts but who operates alone in practice. Nobody's too sure about what her end goal is, me included, but if I had to guess..." Satsuki's expression was grave now, and the way she uttered the following words made it clear that she thought this was no laughing matter.

"She wants to see the end of the world."

SCENE COMPLETE.

Robin's trust in Satsuki forms the basis for a Lois! :toot: You can select any pair of emotions for it. If you have anything else you want to say, feel free to continue the scene as an Interlude.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Ashita Takemitsu

"Only two. After this is over, I want remain a free agent and you tell me everything about the Takemitsu Bloodline."

Hmm, so that's what his power activation looked like. Subtle.

Lets get this show on the road!

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh, thank god, I need a bunch more Loises with my ER this high!

Okay, emotions for Satsuki Kamishiro...

Positive: Fellowship. Same age, similar social circles, both Overeds, why not
Negative: Distrust. Those last words about the False Hearts don't sit right with him...

• Locked thread