Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Mate massive effort on the OP, top work. You remembered (or that part of your brain you had cut out like most sensible Bears fans grew back) the Bears :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug

iajanus posted:

Brings a tear to your eye.

That's just the mace

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

Smorgasbord posted:

I forgot how they slipped in the bit about his daughter in the middle there and it caught me by surprise again :(

This just got me for like the fourth or fifth time :(

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Remember to Packer Suitcase

(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=suitcase)

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
I accept their ingracious and faeces-stained bounty

amen

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Shiiiiiiiiiiit forgot the season started tonight!

1. Manly
2. Roosters
3. Souths
4. Melbourne
5. Warriors
6. Sharks
7. Cowboys
8. Knights

9. Broncos
10. Panthers
11. Bulldogs
12. Titans
13. Raiders
14. Tigers
15. Dragons
16. Eels

gently caress it, that'll do. Footy's back!

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
:stare: what the gently caress is this

i need a glass of bleach after this intro

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Oh are you serious, we have to listen to ads for shithouse channel 9 shows while there's actually loving live play going on? For the next decade? Jesus christ

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
gently caress the roosters and all that but I wish The Count scored a try then, just because :3:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
God drat, nice try from Goodwin there. Try of the year so far!!

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Des Hasler still has the most magnificent hair

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Sounds like a cricket ground during change of overs at the moment

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Holy poo poo what an effort

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Very taidy tou's

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Can the ball carrier do a shoulder charge or not

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Ouch that looks nasty

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Penalty try for that? Is intent not considered, that just looked unlucky to me

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

Smorgasbord posted:

It's foul play in the act of scoring, absolutely clear cut.

edit: yeah clear cut 8 point try not penalty try.

Sorry I am watching on mute and I'm also dumb as a bag of farts and don't know any of the rules

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Where do I bet on tuquiri getting a season ending winded injury tonight

Hahahaha Reynolds

aejix fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Mar 14, 2014

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
This is going to be awesome

Step right up and get your concussions

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
hosed if I can figure out the refs but god drat do I love this new 20m restart stuff

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
That three year old kid in the souths jersey fistpumping with joy at the final siren was amazing :3:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
My team traded both of the people related to my avatar so I guess I could swap and then photoshop Eddie lacks head onto Braith aaaand I think I'll stop right there

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah what the gently caress is up with a 72 meter line drop out ON THE FULL. Nasty

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
This tobasco guy isn't half bad

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
I dunno if it's confirmation bias because I've been following ice hockey for the last 6 years (during which time concussions have become increasingly Serious poo poo) that, when watching NRL, I am astounded there aren't more concussions. And of course with all these recent player interviews being aired, it seems very obvious to me that there have been incredibly severe concussion issues for quite a long time in rugby league but have always been shushed in favour of hardening the gently caress up you loving soft pussy oval office gently caress off

It's quite eerie watching all the same sorts of interviews/confessions from former players coming out of the NRL regarding concussions that were (and still are) coming out and affecting the NHL. I have no scientific evidence to back it up so gently caress you but guys in the last ten/twenty years are just SO much more powerful, explosive & fast thanks to modern sports science/nutrition/supplements/horse blood that it seems to be causing concussion symptoms that are so frequent (and severe) that it's clear that you're not just being soft, your brain is actually hosed

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
That guy is a loving weapon - number 20 for the warriors?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Aaaaahahahahaha I wish I could see a proportionally distributed graph of strokes suffered by warriors fans vs any other team

aejix fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 22, 2014

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Oof that will definitely bring out the claret

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Awful news :( gently caress the storm and an even bigger gently caress Off oval office to Cameron smith for even thinking, much less saying out loud to someone with a mic that it's McKinnons fault

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

Robbie Fowler posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGC6MhY0VtU

edit: and they play on for another two tackles :laugh:

Fuuuck that one wasn't even initial contact to the head - looks shoulder to shoulder to me and he STILL gets knocked out. Am I imagining it that the warriors guy gets knocked out too but comes to as soon as he's face down on the deck?

I'd post that Ruben Wiki kick return where he shaves about fifteen years off the life of some bloke from the Roosters but I'm on a phone and it'll probably just turn into a fetishisation of massive hits where guys get seriously hurt (which I used to like but yeah, concussions are no joke)

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Nice finish from Robinson to bag a pair already

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Souths must have been hot boxing the dressing room real hard before the game. The gently caress are they doing out there

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
That Telstra nrl game pass ad rules

It also doesn't surprise me but still pisses me off that Gus has a passive aggressive sook about boot sponsors telling players to wear whatever colours boots the sponsor chooses, meanwhile the man of the match interview has the VB music playing the entire time.

Edit: oof Parker will feel that one tomorrow

aejix fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 4, 2014

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Hopoate has been pretty good

Edit: :stare:

aejix fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 4, 2014

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Hope Edwards is alright. Looked like he wanted to get up and keep playing so hopefully that was all precautionary but they certainly took their time before loading him onto the stretcher

Ed: I cant hear poo poo at the pub, have they said anything about Edwards

aejix fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 5, 2014

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Someone hire Warren Ryan again, purely for my own weird entertainment. Even better if he still has to do grandstand commentary on his own game (I haven't heard him yet this season but haven't been listening to a lot of grandstand 702, he's still there right?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Big ice bath for the knights after this one

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Go the loving Bears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
I guess things like this tend to generally be done after a player actually dies but is there an opportunity for something like a McKinnon award where players who overcome serious adversity (my thinking is inspired by the Bill Masterton trophy in the NHL)

• Locked thread