Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

iajanus posted:

How about if I politely ask a mod to change the title, and someone gives me something super league related to put in the OP? I doubt there's enough league interest to keep two threads alive...

This is what we've been doing and it seems to work pretty well. You're right, there's barely any SL chat, certainly not enough for its own thread when we've got this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Hahahah points for trying Joey but there's never been a better substitute than the good old telestrator

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Holy poo poo gently caress Nine forever why is any of this happening

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
This is what we have to look forward to this year ladies and gents. gently caress

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

bowmore posted:

2014 update: Ray Hadley still an uber oval office

Hah, what for this time?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Fittler and Johns on the panel giving Brett Finch a mountain of poo poo is pretty good. "Nice teeth by the way" I reckon some whitening has happened

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

bowmore posted:

They were sparkly

Not sure who will win tonight, going to say Dogs

Yeah you can simply never tell at the start of the year, but the first few minutes have been all Brisbane in a big way

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Mills posted:

What are the Dogs doing? Three man overlaps!

Looking pretty fat and slow at the outset. Even the attacking set plays are breaking down

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

bowmore posted:

I don't want to hear the words premature ponies ever again

Far too late for a thread title. gently caress

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Fuckin :laffo: at the Brisbane guy's facial expressions when the third man came charging in

Also a typical laffo at the ref not binning the third man in

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Smorgasbord posted:

Ennis is such a theatrically absurd prick

Some of the reactions he gets from these idiot players who should know better are absolutely comical and most excellent. I hope he never changes

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Smorgasbord posted:

He even got Nathan Hindmarsh to swing at him once

It's fantastic. I get a real kick out of these buffoons doing stupid poo poo all over the field

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
The idea is to try and prevent concussions though, which can be caused by things other than a hit to the head.

Trying to get them to tackle with their arms and bring the guy to the ground instead of crunching him into next week seems better for safety and also will help speed the play-the-ball, if a lightning-quick game is what people want

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
John Sutton remains not particularly good

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Hyperriker posted:

John Sutton remains not particularly good

...and now hurt

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Ewar Woowar posted:

Didn't see the Warriors play...what happened? Why did we fall apart?

They're fat

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

bowmore posted:

Still I don't mind watching the Sharks get smashed occasionally.

Or, weekly

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Mills posted:

Why would I do that?

Purely comedy

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
:siren: HOLY DOOLEY :siren:

:laffo:

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

BCR posted:

Will give a better post later.

Been waiting years for this to happen tbh

:classiclol:

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Status: enjoying the Rabbits resuming normal service propping up the ladder and also enjoying the Sharks copping a dirty thumping

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Well they seem to market themselves as a working-class club while they rock around in suits and are privately owned. For me, though, I grew up with them on the bottom of the table and 'lol souths' is very comfortable and homely.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

bowmore posted:

I don't think I've seen a single game this season that hasn't had some kind of *~ref controversy*~ attached to it, which is pretty ridiculous.

They're pissweak and aren't being given the help they need to make decisions nor do they seem to have the league's backing to stand by them. So, they're poo poo and it's difficult to watch games

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

iajanus posted:

Where the gently caress was that warriors performance last week?

I've got a mate at work who follows the Warriors and today he goes "Nup. No chance. We're gonna lose"

I'm gonna tell that guy to buy a lottery ticket, dead set

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Smorgasbord posted:

Normally I'd take great glee in the Rooster's poor start to the season, but god loving drat my tips are so bad right now just win this one Roosters for gently caress's sake.

No mate. Your tips cannot be allowed to become this. Please

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Phil Gould waxing rear end about everybody loving sunday afternoon football, camera cuts to a crying kid having the worst day of his life

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Are you trying to tell me there's an issue with officiating in the national rugby league rugby football league?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Who does the Country fullback David Mead play for? Holy poo poo he's having a good game

e: he could play for the dogs and I wouldn't know at this point, following league is difficult lately

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

bowmore posted:

Titans and yeah he is pretty drat fast.

He's got two tries in the city/country, several trysavers including a huge one on a linebreak in the 79th minute, just wow what a performance

e: loving hell Idris as man of the match is some bullshit. Mead was king of the backs

Hyperriker fucked around with this message at 08:59 on May 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
I don't know if anyone here listens to the Continuous Call Team, but I'm catching up via the podcast they provide of the complete show and by god the shows for Round 7 (Apr 19 & 20) were loving incredible. At one point they were crossing for live score updates from the Melbourne/Canberra game and then throwing back to Blocker to give score updates of the same game from the delayed TV broadcast and holy gently caress it was funny

• Locked thread