Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BCR
Jan 23, 2011

:horse:

Broncos 9th. Recruiting should be taken out and shot. Rebuilding year and a real need to actually maintain a non pack rape / alcohol binge mentality. If we get to the finals it's because of teams like the eels and tigers.

Qld to win state of origin this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

This year I quietly think is a gimme.

Next year I think will be a surprise blue upset and am willing to place ten of my Australian dollars on the blues.

Nearly all origin results of the last 5 years have been one try close, and thats with Ricky loving Stuart in charge. Who knows the NRL could say hey wayne bennett now Newcastle have been disbanded for doing Drug Cheats 2: At least we have a 3am close out in town coach the Blues for $$$

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I've actually got "realistic" expectations this year and will give Stuart a "chance" before I start to really get hysterical so I will be acting like a normal person no doubt and not posting anything crazy at all.

The club is or was in utter meltdown so I can't expect much more than the correct amount of players on the field at any given time and not losing every game. Hopefully the Raiders can avoid the spoon.

Still at least he has managed to stop the bleeding of players with Wighton and the Lees.

I can't see him getting along with Boss Man Furner. One year Ricky?

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

ShoeFly posted:

So apparently Thaiday has had the Broncos captaincy taken off him, with Corey Parker taking over. Hodges as vice or co-captain too.

I'm quite happy about this. I'll look at the papers and see if this was done for teambuilding or gang sex again.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

iajanus posted:

I'm assuming in your ladder the Raiders got kicked out of the comp?

Also imagine how the rest of us feel watching the Maroons win 8 in a row :suicide: (soon to be 9 in a row)

You should be priveleged that you live in historic times and use your hate for something.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

It's to do with their drug culture. :allears:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Newcastle drug cheat Andrew Johns, from drug Newcastle, spreading drugs to a new generation to bring them to Newcastle so they can have more drugs at the club.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Also, the media likes the angle of all footy players are ratbag cunts who will glass their granny then snort their prescription meds while naked on a golf cart in the cbd at 9am.

Footy players visiting sick and disadvantaged kids, 60 word column underneath the horse and travel section.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

I'm angry at the waste of money. Hopefully they're paying $30,000 and tigers $570,000.

Silly Tigers. :allears:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

You take what you can get.

I think souths can never win a gf because of their underdog mentality. They lack Easts gently caress you got mine.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

I look forward to Sam burgess' return from Hull in 2018.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

In the year of our lord 2014, there are so many things I can't believe that go on that can be explained by the words rugby league.

Anasta getting a pay check.
The 9s contest.
Wife beaters and rapists playing on women in league round.
Phil Gould.
Ricky Stuart.
Chris Sandow.
Manly.
Etc

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Preseason, where lesser teams get their seasons satisfaction. :allears:

Despite their hygiene problems and bestiality, I quite like the Raiders and feel they did nothing to deserve Ricky loving Stuart.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Mills posted:

I think Parra finish above Dragons/Broncos/Raiders.

Mate, souths have choked two seasons in a row with a great 2nd and 1st row and now your team is falling apart with transfers and ageing. At least you got to sniff greatness in your lifetime, and you can tell your grand kids how good those vapours smelled.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

The Broncos have lost their way for a while now, and we haven't made the changes necessary to be a ruthless death machine.

I'm expecting a laughable run this year with players out of position.

Origin is about the only thing I'm happy about this year.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Also I need links to watch rugby league online. I can stream triple m and the abc etc but would like images to hurl things at.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Thank you Souths. :allears:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Mills posted:

Won't somebody please think of the fantasy teams? :(

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

:horse:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

So many penalties. And pushy/shovey.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Smorgasbord posted:

Ennis is such a theatrically absurd prick

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

:woop: :allears: :horse: :allears: :woop:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

I have made some poor choices in fantasy nrl. And forgot reserved. And have Boyd, sbw, and fifita out.

:allears:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Go :horse:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

TV has warped the game a lot. The money is good, but has probably damaged crowd numbers medium term. Really need more day time matches so you can get the families along. Also dropping the ticket price to $10 a head, kids free. It kills the atmosphere for the game even though some clubs deserve it. Looking at you Parramatta, panthers, tigers.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

The most important thing is he's up and walking and seems healthy enough given everything he's been through. I'm glad the club have found a place for him. :unsmith:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

I don't know if the tigers will crash and burn that hard.

Souths 30ish, Tigers 6-12 points. Mainly through souths mistakes.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Greg inglis is an injury magnet, even after he stopped being fat. Also with origin he was only going to get 6 or so games this season.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Hayne is the biggest sook who ever sooked, and drags the entire team down in his vortex of sookiness.

Get injured you one trick scrub, you're only good enough to keep the injury bench warm.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

The game has let itself down so badly. I mean how can you encourage youth into the game when it's going "whoops concussion" and "whoops paralysis" while still trotting out the bullshit line it's about players health.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Fucks sake yet another player crippled by the storm.

The whole league needs a massive kick up the arse.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

In my fantasy world I would like the storm and manly be penalised for developing so many ways that injure players.

In my fantasy world the nrl would actually try and care about player safety.

Need a chant: hey hey hey McLean how many injured today.

Pretty bad, need more work.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

gently caress Phil Gould. I'd be happy with that number of suspensions.

Will give a better post later.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

I don't understand how the warriors keep getting worse.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

I don't think Hurrell has the drive to be a great footballer. He has had fitness issues for what three seasons now?

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

gently caress. Thoughts to the guy and his family. I'm guessing they have medical or disability insurance as part of their contracts so at least the family won't have to worry about money.

I have a faint hope this might kick the league into caring about player safety.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

If you're not hurting someone you're not allowed to put on the manly shirt.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

The warriors have needed a root and branch review of the club for at least ten years now.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Tigers Eels grand final obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Mills posted:

And McKinnon needs to learn how to walk. But what does that have to do with what we're discussing?

:drat:

• Locked thread