Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

So here's the kind of schedule Wigan has at the start of this year:

Feb 7: UK season opener (in the newly renamed First Utilities Super League) v Huddersfield (a semi-traditional match between the league winners and GF winners)
Feb 12: Tune-up game/reunion with Sam Tomkins v NZ Warriors at Hamilton
Feb 22: World Club Challenge v Cunts at SFS
Mar 2: Home FU Super League game v Wakefield Trinity (they were supposed to also play at Widnes during their trip overseas, but that'll get rescheduled, likely during a Challenge Cup weekend)

And, as a British league fan, despite the fact that they're Wigan and all, I will be backing them to beat the Roosters, because they are the much lesser of two evils in this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

iajanus posted:

What a finish! Hilarious that so many missed goals decided it, especially with so many being from close to the posts.

Reading the Grauniad match report it says that there was some nasty swirling wind in Hull, made worse by the KC being an enclosed ground.

Also, here's the awesome Super League intro everyone was mourning the loss of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB0bGkNZpoA

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Smorgasbord posted:

edit: huh when did Souths sign Tuqiri?

Yeah, I thought he was heading back to union and a Irish team picked him up for depth/"veteran presence".

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

iajanus posted:

I can see where the confusion came from - Souths have such a high percentage of British players you just naturally assumed he'd moved to the UK.

I'm still counting down the days until they sign Ryan Hall.

Also, that was a halfway-decent try from St George.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Although I have a mild distaste towards Wigan, I am still supporting them today, because gently caress Easts.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ilyich posted:

Kevin Sinfield sent off for a headbutt :stare:. Never thought I'd see that.

It was deserved IMO, Huby or whoever got in a shouting match with Sinners and he just lashed out, totally out of character for him.

(Still a good match though, sloppy at times but fun)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Jono C posted:

That was close to a perfect start.

And close to a perfect reply from Sarginson/Hall.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Sarginson's concussed, Nightingale's busted open...this is proper test footy.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

two posts for Widdop, at least he's accurate

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

that's what happens when you make stupid errors

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Jono C posted:

Great game so far. We need to find a way to get more international footy in the calendar.

thanks a lot for killing a probable Lions Tour next year, NRL

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

stickyfngrdboy posted:

how good is that 7

that's shaun johnson (nz warriors), and yes he's pretty skillful

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

DAMNIT HOW DO YOU KNOCK THAT ON

also, what a run from Daryl Clark

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Jono C posted:

Did anyone else see a third guy jump into that?

What, the streaker they refused to show?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

well, that was a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Jono C posted:

What was Graham's problem at the end? I thought that it was a pretty obvious knock on.

His entire problem is being from Liverpool.

• Locked thread