Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
expat
Aug 12, 2013
Hard to believe that Pearce is only 25 and has 12 NSW halfback caps to his name. Only ones with more are Joey, Sticky and Sterlo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

expat
Aug 12, 2013

Jono C posted:

Ricky Stuart's inviting the press to this year's yes/no/maybe session?

Turn it into a reality show.

expat
Aug 12, 2013
Yep, what he said. Bad tackle outcome but unless it was reckless or intentional it was the right grade. Tate could have ended up a lot worse but it was a combination of a high/low tackle that went way beyond what both intended.

expat
Aug 12, 2013

iajanus posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking it's more a management/coaching issue rather than location. People regularly sign agreements to play in terrible locations (North Queensland, Campbelltown) so I can't see Canberra being too bad. Whatever he was sold obviously just fell through in his eyes, and he realised he still had time to back the gently caress out of it. Good for him.

Townsville sounds like most footy players dream. I think their complete lack of success outside of two years is probably the bigger deterrent.

Also why does Penrith stack hookers? They're are starting to accumulate.

expat
Aug 12, 2013

Jono C posted:

That was a solid 7 out of 10 on the Anasta getting penalised for getting punched scale.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/queensland-maroons-name-squad-for-second-state-of-origin-match-20140609-zs29y.html

Queensland's extended Origin squad named: Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Justin Hodges, Greg Inglis, Bret Tate, Johnathan Thurston, Daly Cherry-Evans, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (c), Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Chris McQueen, Corey Parker, Ben Te'o, Matt Gillett, Aidan Guerra, Josh Papalii, Ben Hunt, Willie Tonga, Jacob Lillyman, Anthony Milford.

They really need two of Slater, Inglis and Cherry-Evans to be healthy to have a chance. It seems like Lillyman is just there for cover, which means they don't seem to have noticed the problem they had with a lack of props in game 1.

Maybe they expect Papalii to play better, or get Guerra in earlier? His speed around the edges and on shortballs/offloads could be an issue. Especially if it's not a wrestling match on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

expat
Aug 12, 2013

Smorgasbord posted:

I don't think any of the Sims boys will amount to anything other than a collective judiciary headache.

They're good when they aren't injured.

• Locked thread