Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ili
Jul 26, 2003

ShoeFly posted:

So apparently Thaiday has had the Broncos captaincy taken off him, with Corey Parker taking over. Hodges as vice or co-captain too.

Great news. Parker has been a hard worker while Thaiday always seems a bit lazy and under his watch the Broncos never looked very fit on the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

fuckpot posted:

edit: and I am officially boycotting the series if Mitchell Pearce plays.
I think Laurie Daley's already declared the Pearce will be the halfback again this year.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

It's possible to fit more drugs into Newcastle?

That's why the Knights are performing a vital community service by ingesting every drug they can get their hands on.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Mills posted:

Russell Packer leaves the Knights with the unique distinction of being the biggest fuckwit at a club also featuring Darius Boyd.

Darius Boyd's not all bad. My sister's disabled and the broncos had some involvement with the day facility she goes to. Darius turned up there reasonably often and was really good with all the kids. Seems like a nice enough bloke outside of nightclubs and press conferences.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

George can fill 5 pages by himself from what I hear.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Does anyone know if the nines will be streamed through the nrl website or some other service? I want to watch it but don't have foxtel.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I can't wait for Brooks to join that ever-growing list of NRL players in trouble off field. Nothing against the guy personally, I'd just like to be able to say he's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Enough bitching about origin eligibility, time for some good news:

Braith Anasta is playing in the halves for the Tigers and will apparently be a Maloney-like calming influence on Luke Brooks. Happy days ahead for Wests fans.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/league/nr...6-1226833794598

E: let me know which spirits you guys drink so I can buy shares. Someone's going to make a lot of money this year.

ili fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 21, 2014

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The roosters are even more hateable this year. I hope some English hard as nails type belts Warea-Hargreaves with a monkey wrench.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

I think the Broncs will go better than last year but still miss the 8.

I think last year will look good by comparison. Only Anthony loving Griffin could look at the result of playing captain Sam Thaiday in the front row and then think "gently caress yeah I'll play captain Corey Parker in the front row!" Next year we'll end up with captain Ben Barba playing prop and it will turn out equally poorly.

E: maybe us broncos fans can pool resources with tigers supporters on bulk alcohol and/or antidepressants.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

CP plays a prop like role on the Queensland Origin team doesn't he?

Not really, no. But Ben Hannant plays an actual prop role on the origin team, but for some reason Griffin has decided to start Hannant on the bench and play our lock as a starting prop. Maybe he's trying to get fired so he can get a sweet gig coaching the Eels or Dragons or some other shitball team where the fans already have low expectations?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

CP will play 80 anyway, doesn't matter that he's named as prop.

Yes and no. He'll play 80 but we'll be effectively missing one prop and play with one front rower three second rowers and a lock. Brisbane have had issues with front rowers not making enough ground the last couple of years and this isn't going to help the situation.

E: BCR you can buy a subscription through the NRL app to watch all games live. If you have an android device you can plug in a micro usb to hdmi converter and display it on your tv in glorious high def.

ili fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 4, 2014

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Let them have their fun. Poor fuckers just got released from a Ricky Stuart hostage situation.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Robbie Fowler posted:

Didn't get to see the brisbane game as I was serving wine to the union bourgeoisie at suncorp.

How poo poo was Hoffman?

He put the poo poo in shite.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Speaking of channel 9 being disgraceful, last night during the delayed Tigers/Bunnies game they screened a newsbreak in the second half which gave away the winner. Useless motherfuckers.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I don't mind the concept of penalties being a base loading for the act plus a loading for the outcome, but it has to be absolutely transparent and clear to the players. Want to shoulder charge a bloke into next week? Fine, but you'll be doing a couple of weeks minimum plus rolling the dice that he doesn't get injured. Don't want to risk potentially copping a 2 month ban? Easy, don't shoulder charge someone in the face.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Are there any decent league shows on free to air anymore?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Broncos hosed it up again last night. Who would have thought playing a winger as five-eigth wouldnt go so well.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Dirty Bird got the worm

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Teams like the Broncos are punished for being in Queensland, being the delayed game into NSW almost every Friday night. This delayed game isn't watched by casual fans of the game as it doesn't start until 9:30, takes a couple of hours due to the excessive ads, and is commentated by Rae "Fuckwit" Hadlee.
They also miss out on their players getting lucrative TV appearances on the Sydney-based tv shows.
To make up for this the Broncos should be the only Friday night game played, and should probably be given an extra premiership or three.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

:horse:Follow the mighty broncos! Once the best team in the league we became a pathetic rabble after losing the best coach in the game and our star player retired. Now we're starting to rebuild but won't do too well this year. But jump aboard the bandwagon horsebox because we stand a decent chance of winning the premiership next year. Get in on the ground floor! :horse:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Red_Museum posted:

Also, if anyone wasn't completely convinced of a Kangaroos victory, it looks like Kearney will start Tohu Harris at five-eighth and Ben Henry at hooker.

Isaac John (whoever that is) as 5/8

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

I don't agree

Jamie Lyon, Michael Ennis, Slater off the top of my head are worse

Ennis in his prime maybe, the other two are no chance.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

he took a snapchat video of some girl giving him head while he was driving and sent it to people

At least it wasn't a dog.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

One glare from bellyache is enough to turn a lazy slob into a trim and fearless tackling machine.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Time to hook Hook.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

loving hell, any other team gives away that many penalties in a row and someone gets sent off. But if the roosters do it the captain's excused from having to play the ball properly and is even given a bonus chance to attack the head of a player lying injured on the ground.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Of course the Broncos are under investigation. We've payed a rumoured 400k+ for Martin "softest prop in the NRL" Kennedy who's clearly worth a minimum wage contract at best, and have stuffed up our cap and team management to the extent we have to play a winger as the 5/8.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Wearing a fetching maroon jersey, drinking beer, eating pizza and telling Gus Gould to just shut the gently caress up already.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

A roosters jersey?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Beating Manly is the best feeling in the NRL.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

No idea why Blair didn't get sat down for that. Deliberately hitting a guy late and high.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

The Voice Kids sounds like a fantastic show. Hopefully the head honchos at nine can overcome their loathing of cross-promotion and persuade Gus and Rabs to tell us all about it.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

Blair is a dickhead

He's got to be trying to throw the game. Nobody is that boneheaded.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Bunch of drunken working class yobbos all wound up and ready to see 34 men flog the poo poo out of each other in the most brutal league games on the planet? The obvious choice for pregame entertainment is a lovely boy band.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Smorgasbord posted:

Honestly I know both teams get their shots in but there's 4x as much forearm from NSW

It's gold seeing Gallen have a whinge about forearms to the head.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

loving hell. If Pearce had half a brain we'd all be posting about Qld's ninth series in a row right about now.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jono C posted:

...Matagi decided to chop Hunt's legs after a kick...
It wasn't Hunt, Matagi hassled the Hoff. For a little while I hoped he'd be slightly injured, just enough so that we could play a real 5/8 for a few games.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jono C posted:

What the gently caress did the Sharks/Broncos do? This makes no sense.

Several bad ref calls amplified by the Broncos missing Parker, McCullough, Gillett and a real five eigth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I wish that had come out on Thursday.

And at least it was his own mouth this time.

ili fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 29, 2014

• Locked thread