Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I see the parramatta revival needs some work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Well, let's get this shitshow started.

E: yeah that didn't take long

Indeed. Massive over-reading of the play there by the Tigs non-defence.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
gently caress the Refs in this day and age. In no way that was reportable.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

gently caress Tigers hold the ball

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Tigers don't look good too good near the line. Predicting 12 nil to rabbits soon.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

MiniSune posted:

Tigers don't look good too good near the line. Predicting 12 nil to rabbits soon.

Ignore everything I write ever.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

I'm still not quite sure what happened, apparently I nodded off just before kick off and have had a wonderful dream...

E: don't mind the end there, should give the coach something to blast the kids about and also teach them what 40/20s are.

He can tell channel 9 while he is at it. loving disgraceful 15 second kfc ad there during the 40/20.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Wow. Tigers try was more spectacular but that was seriously amazing poo poo there.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Is it me or is the wedgie back in fashion?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Fanatic posted:

Just got back from the stadium, it really was the most hilarious match I have ever attended. I'm not sure how many of those penalties against the Roosters were legit, but boy were their fans raging in the stands. :D

You could feel the heat coming through the TV. It was joyful.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Cows lose to the tits, but after sitting through that match I would say we all lost.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Hang on, Parra won?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

How the gently caress are the titans eels and tigers in the top eight?

Drugs.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Trin Tragula posted:

For the benefit of our Australian friends, a player can be 'sent off' for serious offences up here. It's like the sin bin except it lasts all game, not just 10 minutes. It's a pretty cool deterrent to stop players chancing it with the judiciary. Maybe y'all could try it out?

Grumble grumble stupid truth grumble grumble

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
2 all? A-league on nine?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
These Tigers are sure building up an extra special disappointment this year.

But then again we do go rather good against the Cows.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I can understand why they allowed it, but I dont hold with it. There is no excuse to run behind your own guy.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
More evenly yes, but our talent pool is most likely larger. With unlimited third party deals clubs can have an advantage, but given the dodgy nature of some of those deals players are still keen on banking a guaranteed wage the talent still spreads eventually.

Not sure about SL but if a third party deal goes bust the club cannot compensate the player, the player is SOL, hence the reticence.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I cant wait for SQ Crushers Mk 2

Broncos cant throw their toys out of the cot and start a new league this time.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I am firming up in my opinion that a tackle should contain no more than two defenders and two attackers except within the goal and 10 metre line. So many injuries are from players getting bent back by the weight of a third man in, it's ridiculous.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

That Fijian lady choir loving nailed that anthem, was by far the best anthem I've ever heard for a league game.

edit: Fiji are using their haka slot to sing another song :(

This game has been pretty entertaining. That hit by Corbin was magic, but that last try by Samoa was pretty nice too.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

This will be an interesting decision - I predict cop out report option

edit: yep

If the nrl was serious that would be 10 in the bin. Shits me its never used.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Rugby league needs more fat guys slapping their tatooed bellies.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

Hoffman is an alright player, sensible, solid, reliable

So was Adam Blair.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Are there any detail on this premier player thingy yet and how it works?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
gently caress me. That's hard to take.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Pug Smugly posted:

Only consolation I'm getting out of it is imagining the conversation Bennett had with Mullen about not being able to kick drop goals.

That was an appalling lack of vision. Worst I have seen in some time.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Tigers for butchered try of the year.

Dear god we suck.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

MiniSune posted:

Dear god we suck.

I see no reason to change this opinion.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

Canberra are terrible.

And then they were not. They just about got enough of their poo poo together to put away a woeful Cowboys outfit.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Probably signed tesco.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

The Broncos don't strike me as a team that's blatantly cheating the cap, although it did seem strange that they were able to sign Barba and Milford in quick succession.

Cronulla never stuck me as drug cheats.

Australia just can't seem to cheat well as a nation. Given our ancestry this is hardly surprising - if they were good they never would have got caught.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I'm sad these guys haven't got a call this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJlBqInW6A

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

We can take Cameron Smith off the injured list.

Given the performance and how Smith looks so dis-interested, a rest probably was the better idea.

I'm not a fan of the current schedule, never have been. My belief if that Origin should be three consecutive weeks mid season with players unavailable for clubs both pre and post. Club football would continue as normal with no byes or split rounds.

Want to stack your team with origin players? Fine, but kiss them goodbye for four rounds a year.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

Good game so far, ref is letting it flow

Surprising lack of hold down penalties.

Newy threatened a come back, then literally old drug boy Houston handed the game to the Warriors. After that, Newy gave up.

Also enjoyed Mason giving lip to the young halfback. Your a goose Mason.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Benji in the centres?

Edit: No? Yes? I'm confused.

No. Is at seven. Dragons dropping lots of ball. Must be Benji at 7.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 2, 2014

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
The Warriors have started quite nicely. Shame I tipped Souths.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I watched that Tigers vs Wigan match on Eurosport, not a bad game that. Highlights were that flick pass and the ever hilarious dummy half jumps over for a try because everyone expects him to pass it.

Wigan have always stuck me as the Brisbane Broncos of SL, so them losing always strangely gives me a tug of satisfaction.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Given that Essendon just got hit with 34 show cause notices from ASADA, Cronulla's season may get worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Rugby League 2014: Suicidal McGloomy posting unless your an Easts fan, then your a oval office.

• Locked thread