Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I could take the side being poo poo if it wasn't for the fact that the senior players are the ones stinking the joint up. There is a culture of mediocrity at the Raiders and they simply do not give a gently caress about it. The Raiders management cares more about the clubs property portfolio than the football side to the point they are outright hostile towards fans that expect better than this poo poo.

They fired David Furner then literally just gave the job to another old boy. What a pack of backslapping yokels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I can't blame the kid for getting cold feet. The club sold him a bunch of nonsense about a rebuild.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

iajanus posted:

I'm more amazed at how bad Canberra's talent acquisition team is - they really have missed out on nearly everyone they've targeted. That's a special kind of terrible.

Location doesn't help but neither does the fact the raiders are a pack of incompetent old boys at management level. The club has a disgusting culture. Now location would turn some blokes off but we had tedesco signed this is about culture and possibly Stuart selling him a deal on a pack of lies.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Ugh the Raiders have re-signed Josh McCrone.

I understand that Stuart is between a rock and a hard place here but I also feel he tried too much too soon. I can't fault his optimism in trying to bring a bunch of big name players to the lovely Raiders but he really should be sweeping out the terrible culture (ie the McCrones of the world. The born losers) and replacing them with either honest first graders behind really good players or gun juniors who have a long wait ahead of them. Like say target some Penrith outside backs who aren't established and see how that goes.

He needs to build an honest side that can compete for the top 8 and that isn't filled with peahearted losers before he can think about trying to sign big names. It only really works for the Roosters that strategy

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

bowmore posted:

He signed McCrone because he doesn't have to pay $800,000 for him over a similar mediocre player

Lets be honest the raiders have players on minimum wage that could do as good a job. Mccrone is poo poo and has been dining out on supplying ball to Ferguson and an in form papalii. He is a one trick pony who could use his speed to take on the defensive line to create a gap for papalii to run through or provide the ball out the back to Ferguson. Even then Ferguson was taking the ball around his shoelaces or head more often than not and turning it into points because fergo was on his day an outstanding talent.

Mccrones "form slump" coincides with papalii being down on form/off field distractions (his brother is in trouble with the law) and Ferguson going mental.

We aren't going anywhere with losers like mccrone in the side.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Smorgasbord posted:

McCrone is the best Raiders half since Campese was good, so about 10 years (seems like it anyway). They'd hardly have to compete with anyone else for him either so why not they can't get anyone good to sign up and you gotta have 17 on the field :shrug:

Carney was a better player for one.

Edit

Over the last ten years I'd take Jason Smith, Mark mclindon and Michael monaghan as better players. Mccrone sucks he is possibly the worst half to play over a 100 games. I don't know what you guys see in him.

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 17, 2014

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I'm pretty excited really. If the ticket prices weren't insane I would have gone. Got a good feeling about this one lads.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

adamantium|wang posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Exactly as a raiders supporter I know how to get as much hope up as possible before the game/season so to be even more crushed. It's good for the soul. So I'm giving it a crack for nsw.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Pfft I know this is a support group for battered supporters and all but the Tigers have a future. The Raiders are rich enough to never fold but so awful on the field that they will never become good. Its basically going to be an unending stream of poo poo. It is as if I have died and I am in one of the lesser circles of hell the one reserved for people who download CDs and troll English cricket fans and my punishment is a forever mediocre Canberra Raiders for eternity.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

iajanus posted:

I will toxx myself that the Raiders win the NRL premiership before the Tigers ever do again. Luckily neither of those things will happen in our lifetimes so I won't have to pay up. We're comically bad off the field and tragically bad on it.

Well I can accept that neither event will happen but the only way the Raiders could win a premiership before the Tigers is if the tigers literally fold. The Tigers have some good young talent coming through. the Raiders have Sticky and McCrone.

EDIT

Although I must say it is very somethingawful Rugby League thread to argue about who supports the shittiest least hopeful team. The answer is me. I support them.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Which side of the marriage are you all from. My brother in law is from the wests side and would love the rebirth of the campbelltown magpies.

I've got a soft spot for the tigers because I live in Petersham within walking distance of leichardt oval. It would be sad if Balmain dies.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I picked the raiders cause I like green.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Gallens having a poor game. The problem when Gallen sucks is he insists on getting his hand on the ball. What about his terrible 4th tackle hitup in the redzone. Stupid Gallen

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Honestly Daley has to consider pulling Reynolds. Put hayne at 5/8 Dugan fullback or move bird one in.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Yay nsw

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Smorgasbord posted:

All of their players in the key positions seem really bad measured against NRL average players for their position. Milford is ok but then they benched him tonight and he's done fuckall since he's been on.

That spine put out last night may be the worst in NRL history. Like its got to the point now that if I have something else on I won't reorganise to watch the Raiders. Its pretty sad because I was a crazed watch every game fan only like two years ago and we sucked then too. I think its Stuart he has sapped me of all hope like a hope vampire.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

iajanus posted:

Hopefully the Raiders don't choose this week to stop being poo.

Haha you can relax.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The manly/roosters game was absolutely fantastic. Manly are so entertaining when they are on.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Gosh the Raiders are bad in the spine. I mean we aren't great anywhere (ok centres) but absolutely dire in the spine.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Croker is normally ok when it matters but is bad at distance even when there is no pressure. It was a bad decision to take a long range shot but its not like we could score in the one million chances we had before hand anyway.

Anyways Stuart sucks.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

He would struggle to get a visa plus I don't reckon he should be fired for that. It's not illegal just silly. His punishment really just should be embarrassment

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I'd have toddles back at Canberra because we suck but also because while pretty gross I think weeing in ones own mouth is at the lower end of rugby league crimes. I know he's got a record and all but he's not Robert lui.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I've been working overseas for a few months so I've missed this disaster of a season but it appears Stuart dropped campo and benched mccrone. That's a small positive. Also i was impressed by wighton at fullback but I've only seen him play one game.

Stuart still sucks but at least he's dropped the idiots.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I missed pretty much the entire season. I saw the win against the cowboys when I was home for a bit. I also saw bits of the win against the tigers but I was at a birthday party on the Saturday night so I wasn't paying a lot of attention and it didn't look so great that I really needed to catch the replay.

I did hear the raiders/sharks game was one of the worst ever.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I really need to update my avatar.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Ferguson is one of the most talented players I've seen tbh. Annoying he's going to be smashing us next year.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I am pessimistic but less so than last year. Stuart has cleaned out some deadwood.

Still have mccrone though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Probably couldn't do worse than a lot of the lads in the regular NRL.

• Locked thread