Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Hunter: The Reckoning sounds like the only WoD game I would actually want to play. No metaplot? No complex networks of paranormal society to negotiate? Shooting vampires and werewolves in the goddamn face? Seems good to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The first time I read Torg's "guns don't work in some realities because reasons", that just made me think "Wait, so basic chemical reactions don't occur in that reality? Wouldn't that mean life evolved on a completely different path, if it even appeared at all?" Shouldn't the gun just cease to exist (since it hasn't been conceived in that reality) rather than not work?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Halloween Jack posted:

Whereas from what I've heard about Paranoia 5, it's too complicated and just painfully unfunny.
The art alone put me off Paranoia 5 even before reading it. Third-rate student union newsletter cartoons - that's the style you're going for? Really?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Or run them over with a Toyota Atoz?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
If I were DMing 5e, one of the first things I'd do would be houserule away that stupid "short rest equals one hour" thing. Five minutes after a fight and you've cleaned the gore off your sword, got your breath back and are good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I think a big problem with the perception of Williams and TSR is that most the other principal actors are these mythologized gaming icons. Gary Gygax is held up on a pedestal even though he made terrible business choices and most likely spent most of his time during the Hollywood period using TSR money on hookers and blow.
Any time some grog goes on about how great Gygax was, I think about that edition of Dragon (editorially independent from the rest of TSR, honest! :v: ) which he used as a bully pulpit to spend 3000 words tearing into the fanzines of a couple of random guys who said mean things about his company. Professional, he wasn't; it was the kind of rant a teenager would have done given a soapbox and no editorial control, only he was in his forties.

• Locked thread