Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

This is a really great analysis, and gives the Witch a serious Unknown Armies vibe, at least to me. Considering Dukes are supposed to be pretty messed up people, it seems fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Should try something incredibly generic and malleable like the Forgotten Realms, just to see how easily the game falls apart in what should be the simplest setting possible.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

How does a Dipsomancer having access to significant charges play out in-game? I know a raging drunk is likely to break any given vessel in time, but unless I'm missing something the average Dipsomancer would treat it like a holy relic and do their best to keep it safe regardless of how little they care about anything else and also one of your players is throwing around significant charges more easily than most adepts get minor ones.

It's also completely binary. If they don't have a proper vessel, they're the one adept who can't break out the big mojo when needed.

Does it balance itself out, at least as far as UA is balanced?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Strange Matter posted:

So I just finished writing up this UA Adept School. How'd I do? Any suggestions?

The Motor-Shaman

I'd argue being driven by someone else would be a fine taboo. It reinforces that the connection is between you, your car, and the road, and how anything coming between you and that communion is unacceptable. It's generally not super limiting but it has its downsides, and God help you if you get hurt and need to be driven anywhere, because you're defenseless until you can get out and on the road again.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

The Rahyab I can see, Oneiromancy as a whole is cool but their whole gimmick is about as close to "unkillable super NPCs that are cooler than you" as the line gets. That said, I was actually reading the book again because of the review, and I'm not sure what's wrong with the Kleptomancy minor blast. On a surface read, it just literally steals your breath with a neck spasm and you have to take a few seconds to recover. It seems about as bad as someone kicking you hard enough to knock the wind out of you, which is downright pleasant compared to some blasts. Am I missing something deeper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

pkfan2004 posted:

So...an Adept really could wake up and open-palm slam a Chronicles of Riddick VHS into a player, do the moves alongside Vin Diesel and then be Vin Diesel for the rest of the day?

As long as he takes the tape out of the VHS and wraps it around his arm when he's done.

• Locked thread