Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
As someone who's never really examined more narrative-driven games before, Monsterhearts is fascinating. I've already bought a copy and am slowly looking into convincing some IRC friends into trying to run a few sessions of it. I'm not entirely sure they'd be up to it - they play several tabletop RPGs online but they all skew towards more heavy rulesets (M&M, Pathfinder, some mumblings about Shadowrun 4th), but I think the general idea of Monsterhearts will be intriguing enough for them to give it a go.

Now, the biggest stumbling block I have is that I've never looked at Apocalypse World or anything PbtA-related - I think I understand how rolls work, but is there anything else ruleset-wise that isn't explained by the Monsterhearts book that I might want to know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Maybe that's the point, though? 'You're a bad person and you should feel bad' and whatnot.

• Locked thread