Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Is it too late for suggestions? If not, Jabberwocky. How well does it model gimbeling in the wabe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
It's weird because modern anime is being swamped by exactly the weird fetish poo poo you'd think he likes. Wasn't misanthropic teenagers more of a 90s thing?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Young Freud posted:

No one man should have all that power.

:golfclap:

If you really want to see nerd poo poo hit the nerd fan, do an afterthoughts exclusively on Alignment systems.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
You can't drop that gem and not finish the story.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Going to?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I really hope any convention that allows Brucato as a guest is 18+ only, because I would not let him around children(or pets).

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I've had a slow morning at work, so even if it's fake, I'm working on a Seinfeld system hack for it. I'll post my preliminary rulea ideas later today.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I've almost finished listening(I listen in the car while driving), and I think it is an April Fools' joke unless I missed something. Most characters have 0 for three stats, but HP is (DEX+APT)x2, meaning most characters will have 0 HP. I'm still gonna work on that Seinfeld system hack though. I'm gonna mix it a bit with DramaSystem to make scenes/episodes work.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
So, Seinfeld or A Game About Nothing:
Action resolution stays the same(craps)
Three stats: Inane, Neurotic and Eccentric
Set one stat as +(can add a +1 to any roll involving that stat), one to =(no special actions on that stat), one to -(other players can subtract from your rolls on that stat). Kramer, for instance is E+,N=,I-
Each character also starts with 5 twist points
At the beginning of the game, choose a turn order through whatever method your group likes(rolling, clockwise, rps, etc)
In turn order, each player declares an episode goal, the next player declares the major complication that will impair the previous player(though not make it impossible to complete), with the initial player deciding the last player's complication at the end.
In order, each player will set a scene where they attempt to accomplish something related to their goal. Which players are involved will be decided by consensus, though the GM should override if one player is being excluded or is trying to hog every scene. The GM will play NPCs, though they may allow another non-participating player to play one to make it easier.
When a player takes an action that would move the plot forward, they roll craps against the stat most closely related to their actions as decided by the GM.
Before the roll(and only before the roll), if that roll is the player's - stat, any other player may spend a twist point to subtract one from the result.
If the roll changes from positive to negative, the player who invoked the minus gains 1 twist point. If it changes from negative to positive, the player rolling gains 1 twist point. If it changes from negative to mega-negative, there are no changes to anyone's twist points but the invoking player can influence how the failure occurs. If the result doesn't change the twist point is burned.
After 3-5 times around the table(to the group's taste and depending on group size), the episode concludes.
If you met your goal, you win. If you didn't, you lose. If no one meets their's, whoever has the most twist points remaining wins.

Thoughts as a basic framework?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Robindaybird posted:

One could pretty much do M*A*S*H: The RPG with this.

As long as you have a good group. Imagine a party of only Hawkeyes and Klingers, and none of them are good at it. The horror. The insufferable horror.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The one thing I don't like about AFG is the stat system. If it's simplified down to +1, 0, -1, why even bother rolling 3d6? Because D&D does it? It seems like 1d6 with 1,2 = -1, 3,4 = 0, 5,6 = +1(or 1 = -1, 2,3,4,5 = 0, 6 = +1 if you want a different distribution) would be a decent simplification, or even just assigning each one to one stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Plague of Hats posted:

The cover art is pretty bland for the d20-only, non-deluxe version, but still better than the weirdly cartoony deluxe edition's cover.

Edit:

I dunno, I think that's a decent illustration of Aragorn being pursued by a Ringwraith.

• Locked thread