Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I think I might actually have a copy of Jadeclaw (Ironclaw's not-China themed cousin) sitting in storage somewhere. I don't have nearly enough time to do a write up myself, but if anyone's interested I may be able to ship it.

I'd need to confirm I still have it and it hasn't gotten damaged by the passage of time or anything first, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

The other important thing to remember about Gundam as a setting, is that in the original setting BVR engagement and long range guided munitions are things that no longer exist as a side effect of their fusion reactors releasing sub-atomic particles that eat electro-magnetic signals.

Gundam is a strange bit of science fiction, but it's at least internally consistent with its own logic most of the time.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

They have a huge colony laser that fills that role but it's usually a Death Star level plot point.

Yup, though at that point it's more doomsday weapon of mass destruction than anything relevant to a dogfight.

You aren't exactly factoring in the one ace pilot flying over the horizon when you fire a weapon that can take out half the fleet in that general direction.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

MartianAgitator posted:

What the gently caress are these sentences. I'm pretty sure they are bad because they are not about elves but they might be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Century_technology#Minovsky_physics

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

That was actually one of the key points in the nWoD reboot. oWoD was really more akin to a bunch of separate, self-contained game lines that stumbled rear end backwards into being a unified setting, with all the mess and baggage that implies. In theory, nWoD was supposed to avoid that by all being part of a unified whole from day one.

Y'know, in theory.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Well, it's a classic D&Dism where you have the medusa/gorgon, demon/daemon, oni/ogre mage, etc. Got to fill up those monstrous compendiums somehow...

It's more that the modern interpretation of 'the devil' draws from a number of separate sources, which the MegaTen guys decided to make into individual entities. So Lucifer, Satan, Beelzebub, etc all get to be their own entities based loosely off their actual appearances in myth/theology.

Modern religion has a real odd understanding of its sources, basically.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Cyriss. Let's add the other expansion army before going in deep on any of the core forces.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I think another important thing with giant pauldrons is that they're an easy answer to 'how do we make these tiny, tiny silhouettes readable at distance.' It's lazy, and it can get real stupid real fast without someone reigning in the design, but it has a useful purpose in identifying units, especially unpainted ones, when they aren't at eye level or otherwise right in your face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

I figure, when you're someone like that you don't need to actually buy things. You just put it in your contract that you will be supplied with everything you want.

This is pretty much how concert riders work. I'm fairly certain most of the bigger names that come through my building are using us to stock their liquor cabinets.

• Locked thread