Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

JamieTheD posted:

Weeeeelll... Call of Cthulhu mechanically emphasised how boned you were, does that count? But, as Mr. Maltose says, like computer games, designers have slowly been learning better ways of doing things.

Besides that by the rules as written, you can roundhouse kick Deep Ones. ENWorld told me so. :v:

E: vvv Well yeah, that's all true.

Darth Various fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

SisterAcacia posted:

So after the contents page, we get to the intro. There is a one-page fiction piece, but I need to point out, I have the pdf and these pages aren't big. Actually, it looks like in print it'd be on an annoying square page thing.

Some kind of landscape semi-A5, really. Certainly the weirdest book I own.

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

The description of a Surprise Attack is when the target does not/cannot benefit from the Dodge bonus to Defense. They turned the Rogue’s Sneak Attack into a learnable feat! Unfortunately this version still carries with it the ugly 3rd Edition legacy of Surprise Attack not working against targets that are immune to it for one verisimilitudinous reason or another.

In their defence, Blue Rose presumably doesn't assume a million billion non-organic monsters immune to Sneak Surprise Attack, preferring humanoid NPCs as the default.

...Except for the Lich BBEG and his undead hordes. Nevermind.

• Locked thread