Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Kill it with fire.

Run it in Atomic Robo FATE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

The thing about posthuman/transhuman sci-fi and libertarianism is that even Eclipse Phase devotes space to entire idological clades that are basically "Libertarians in space." I'm not at all trying to argue that this masterpiece of furry hermaphroditic libertarian posthumanism is at all going to be good, I'm just pointing out that it's not terribly uncommon for transhumanist sci-fi to do things like have libertarian communities that manage to function without tearing themselves apart thanks to the application of things like magic nanotech and a reputation economy that might also as well be magic.

Ess we're trapped in the period where we think SWM anarchists aren't secretly-even-to-themselves

homerlaw posted:

Libertarian MRAs? That's the worst of all possible combinations, barring adding White Supremacists to the mix.

nazis. :v:

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

they still are ardent defenders of CthulluTech however because lol.

Are you sure? Last I checked Posthuman and Catalyst parted ways.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

LatwPIAT posted:

Eh he he he he he... Autonomist Alliance and anarchism.

Gerlach's hosed either way when Venus makes its decision.

Extropia is a glorified tax haven heavily implied to be kept together by the unborn consciousness of its stock exchange pulling a Blue Ant Trilogy that it may be born.

Locus is the one victory anarchists have, and even that can be attributed to brinkers and criminals defending their livelihoods while Titan fought the Jovian fleet to an agreeable ceasefire and oh hey the anarchists helped!

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 12, 2015

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Kurieg posted:

it's quite obvious where he's cribbing shamelessly from his earlier work.

Or the work of others he's previously talked poo poo about.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Genius makes playing mad scientists in the World of Darkness boring. Also, charts.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

I'm sure that if you wanted an actual game about being a mad scientist your best bet would be to take Doors and rejigger them into an Invention system before adding Visitors, various Angels, startup cultists of various stripes, and hollow, envious financiers.

But it would be nothing like oMage, so...

Big Hubris fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Kavak posted:

You've never played in a nWoD chat game :negative:

They made attempts at having the various gamelines play nice with each other, unlike with oWoD, so the Mage issue is kind of glaring. Honestly, they shouldn't have bothered- crossover is the devil's business.

The nChangeling hook of "some gently caress's ensorcelling vampires and getting them hooked on goblin fruit, you need to deal with it before the fanged population learns that you're an acceptable substitute." is the best hook, and I want published material expanding on that.

• Locked thread