Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did they ever come down with a ruling about whether you can take sorcerer as a career multiple times, taking a different element each time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Man, all the spikard talk makes me sad Zelazny died before he could write the next 5 books where they were going to be a major focus.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

PantsOptional posted:

Somewhere out there you can find the short stories that he wrote that lead up to it, and it's pretty clear that they were going to be pretty crazytown bananapants (in a good way). My favorite has to be "A Salesman's Tale,", which picks up from Luke's narrative slightly before the last time we saw him in Prince of Chaos, and explains the potentially apocalyptic meaning of his last words in that story.

Yeah, I have those, they were included in the 6 volume omnibus of his short story work. I really like how he realized Merlyn's spikard being a get out jail free card was a detriment to the second pentology.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rangpur posted:

All this talk of adapting video game systems makes me wonder if anyone's ever done a hack for Monster Hunter. D&D4e would be near perfect for it out of the box--combat already revolves around tactical positioning, and there's an entire class of enemies designed to be a challenge for a full party by themselves. All it really needs is a system for called shots and location damage. Though you'd want to restrict it to Martial characters or it becomes a Dragon's Dogma hack instead.

edit: actually, some of the arcane strikers would fit pretty well as bowgun users with some reflavoring.

It was brought up a few months ago but there's a goon in the Dungeon World thread that is putting together a skin for MH. He was looking for play testers.

• Locked thread