Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Rand Brittain posted:

I forget, did Dreaming ever try to address the problem inherent in childling satyrs or did it just ignore that it had an X-splat based on being prepubescent and a Y-splat based on having lots of sex, and that these two had an uncomfortable intersection?

They made Satyrs into being about more than just sex. They became about passion and obsession. A Wilder satyr might be obsessed with sex, but a Grump satyr might be obsessed with parliamentary debate, and so a Childer might be obsessed with... stickers? Or something. I don't know what kids are doing these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Native Exceptionalism is alive and well in Changeling. The Native Americans have their own 13 kiths, and the Asians don't have changelings, they instead have Hsien that are their own things.

Edit: The Hawaiian Islands have their own breed of changelings with their own unique Kiths.

Native American changelings, known as the Nunnehei, are even capable of going into the Umbra, since they're so in touch with nature and spirituality.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Tasoth posted:

So I take it all of the European changelings fall within the, what I assume is anglo-celtic inspired, kiths? Because if so, that's horse poo poo.

Satyrs are framed within a Grecian framework, the trolls are presented as being Nordic, Eshu are based off of the European view of a romanticized Middle East, and the sluagh (I think) are Russian. On the Gaellic inspired front, you have the sidhe, the boggans, the redcaps, and the pooka. I'm not entirely sure where the nockers fall in, but it's definitely a Celt-heavy group.

Edit: Oh that's right, the nockers are very, very Yiddish.

• Locked thread