Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
Really? I had a bunch of stickmen kung-fu fighting each other. A skull-spider would have made it so much more metal. I'm disappointed I didn't think of it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Due to being an engineering student with at least two projects in progress and two more in the wings, I didn't exactly have the time to do this like I intended. Spring Break has come around so, I'm making this a personal project, so I hope to not abandon it like 50%90% a significant number of F&Fs. This is also my first one and I'm not particularly well versed in analysis of RPG systems so if you have any input or particular odd things of note I might have missed, point them out.

So without further ado, here's the Log Horizon TRPG

I just started watching the anime of this yesterday and now this is popping up? Weird coincidence. I actually quite like Log Horizon's take on getting trapped inside an mmo a little more than .Hack. In Log Horizon, as soon as the show starts all the npcs are basically real humans, which skips out on that tired storyline entirely. Plus, with the revival mechanic of the mmo still in place, even if one of the main character's die they just get instantly resurrected. None of the generic "Oh no! Anime hero #1523 is going to die!" drama (Well, for the most part). More "Oh, Anime hero #1523 is dead. How inconvenient, tell him to hurry up and get back here, I got poo poo to do."

Still generic fantasy crap, but it's the little things that make the story more palatable. Also no one seems to give a poo poo about getting home, they're too busy throwing fireballs at goblins. Gotta love those priorities.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

FMguru posted:

West End Games actually published two entire books of hardboiled/pulp/noir short stories set in the Nile Empire ("Strange Tales from the Nile Empire" and "Mysterious Cairo"), and all the stuff on this page could have been taken directly from the stories therein.

I am a happier person for knowing this exists :allears:

• Locked thread