Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jadarx
May 25, 2012

Lynx Winters posted:

DBZ

[*]The afterlife, or Other World, is loving huge! Strong or virtuous people get to keep their bodies in the afterlife, and there's a couple of ways to return to the land of the living. You could run an entire campaign in the Other World (if the game was remotely playable).[/list]

Does the game's version of the afterlife have HELL or the safe for saturday morning HFIL? TV censored DBZ was the best. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadarx
May 25, 2012

MadScientistWorking posted:

I thought the book references the fact that there were edits done to the Funimation dub.

Which is odd, because Funimation put out unedited versions. My college roommate was a huge DBZ fan and he would rant that the Walmart didn't have them all the time. But I think those showed up later in the run (Cell Saga sounds about right), so the license must predate them.

jadarx
May 25, 2012

theironjef posted:

Don't know if they changed it in future editions, but my favorite thing in L5Rs merit/flaw was that Scorpions got a 1 point reduction in cost for "Dirt on Someone" and the cost for "Dirt on Someone" was 1 per point of Honor. Which meant if you played a Scorpion, it was in your best interest to have dirt on every lower-class person in the Empire/World. I assume the dirt you had was just "you're poor, man."

Assuming you're talking about Blackmail, 4e is 1 pt per point of Status. Scorpion get 1 pt discount. So for free, you can know why that Ronin is hiding(hint: he's a ronin).

jadarx
May 25, 2012

AmiYumi posted:

I just looked up the card: it's Bayushi Kachiko Experienced 2, and it's "Wick's [an] rear end (something?)". Definitely not "hole", but too smudgy for me to make out.

uikku wa asu o kamu

kamu - to bite or chew

jadarx
May 25, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Man, Burning Empires sounds like the developer(s) really just wanted to make a board game(or turn-based strategy videogame). And it sounds like they could've made a goddamn sweet board game, too. Shame it doesn't sound like a very engaging RPG, though.

The thing I remember from reading the book is the players have these strict rules they have to follow (like making color things 'hard') and the GM doesn't. Which would be fine if the GM wasn't supposed to be playing the other side.

• Locked thread