Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I forget exactly how it works, but I remember there being a way for a level 20 Truenamer to reliably cast Gate at will, so at least they get that!

EDIT: Oops, I see somebody mentioned that!

It'd make sense if most of the dev time went to the Binder, since it's actually one of the best-made 3.5 classes.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I mentally inserted an "r" into both of those, which made it immensely more acceptable.

I might actually do SECRET CABAL OF CORGIS ACTUALLY RULE THE WORLD as a plot in some game sometime.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Ningyou posted:

ummmmmmmmmmmmm excuse me it's adam and eve not adam and golden retriever

We clearly established it's Adam and Corgive just a few posts ago!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Kurieg posted:

It's just really bad Engrish. "Uikku suku diku" = "Wick Sucks Dick"

It's not really Engrish! It's how you'd write those words in katakana! I mean, you'd not normally do that, but it works for hidden message.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I've never really flirted with realism in my games. I far prefer exciting, heroic (and sometimes bordering on or moving into over the top) action and such.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Heaven forbid the game be fun for the players.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It should be noted that for the most part, After the Bomb PCs have very little way of dealing with the Empire's technology. Maybe if they get their own tank or a six-pack of rocket launchers they can at least fight their foes, but as far as starting PCs go, there's no realistic way for PCs to fight power suits and jet fighters. It's not as bad as Rifts and mega-damage, but it's seriously daunting.

The obvious answer is to sneak up on the Empire guys and STEAL their stuff. I mean, come on. It's a giant tank. PCs GOTTA take that poo poo.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Polymorph Any Object is still a spell in this, right? Could you not, with a bit of luck, simply permanently transform the Lich King into a harmless rodent?

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Technically, you can still beat him. You just need to create a situation where you both lose!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Lightning Lord posted:

Based on this thread, it's either actually a Ravnos who was pretending to be Caine, or just an old joke.

I don't mind Caine being invulnerable so much, because trying to kill him is probably the lamest thing a VtM game can be about

Now, as Hunter game on the other hand...

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Approps of nothing, I started listening to System Mastery last week. I am really, really enjoying it!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

FMguru posted:

The Fantasy Trip was the same way. Each character had three stats: DX, ST, IQ. Spellcasters used IQ to learn spells, DX to succesfully cast them, and ST to power them, while non-casters used IQ to learn skills and feats, DX to score hits in combat and dodge blows, and ST to do damage and absorb damage. The result was that wizards capable of casting high-power spells looked like circus strongmen and could also splat orcs with their fists and walk across lava with no problem.

That's why when Steve Jackson designed the follow-up game to TFT, he split ST into two stats - Strength and Health. Which led to GURPS horrifically gimping physical/melee characters and the rise of IQ and DX as god-stats.

Damnit, Jackson. Strongmen wizards are a feature, not a bug!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Cythereal posted:

They've also just plain shot, blown up, and electrocuted a goodly number of monsters - they work for Task Force: VALKYRIE, and I billed the first session as "The president has been kidnapped by vampires. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?" The tone of the game hasn't changed significantly since. :v:

But enough of that derail, I think.

I would play in this game. It sounds rad as gently caress.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I need some new t-shirts anyway, so I'll def grab a Cheese Dudes when I'm doing that. Also, getting close to caught up on System Mastery. I'm surprised you guys didn't even mention the most ridiculous rule in Synnibarr--the one that says you're NOT ALLOWED TO HOUSE RULE IT, and players are rewarded if they catch the GM altering anything.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

theironjef posted:

Oh my god you're right. I totally meant to! Two episodes worth of time to do it and it slipped right through.

Haha, that's fine. You could get hours upon hours out of Synnibarr. On that note, it's impossible to learn Venderant Nalaberong. At all. And many alchmeical abilities require the use of some of it. Thus, that entire class is nonfunctional. You can't even fix it, because of the no house ruling rule!

quote:

This reminds me of that one time I rolled up a transformer that was half-vegetable.
That's entirely reasonable!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Nessus posted:

While it's not an excuse for these big ol' paintings I do kind of wonder how you could make a visibly female trooper on these mini scales, which doesn't to some extent play up hips/rear end/boobs. I'm sure there are ways but it seems like a well-armored or heavily geared female trooper will not be terribly distinctive visually (on this scale) from a male one. Of course you could just have some variance in height/build.

I'm fine with unisex models if the fluff makes it clear they're mixed gender, myself.

theironjef posted:

And while there's a lot of lady inclusion in the game, it's only with names. There's never a model of a female trencher or an obviously female mechanithrall. If a woman's on the battlefield, she's a famous anomaly (or in the case of the Press Gangers, a trap). At least some of those anomalies are interesting, like Jaga-Jaga, Helga, Calandra, or Mortenebra. Granted, there are all-female units, like the Satyxis and the Clockwork Angels.

Scyrah has some mixed-gender units! Was part of why I chose them for my free starter.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Cythereal posted:

For what it's worth, this is stated to be the case with tau in 40k: tau units are mixed gender, but only a human very familiar with the tau can distinguish between tau genders on sight if they're wearing concealing clothing or armor.
They even have a female hero unit, albeit only the one! I rather like the Tau in general. Back when I played, I always used mixed pronouns referring to mine.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wonder if someone can build a Hulking Hurler that can throw a rock big enough to kill the Mortiverse. And conceive of a big enough rock.

Make it a species that doesn't age, give it enough levels to also get Cancer Mage, get it the dieases that gives +2 strength a day, get a faster time plane, and wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Alternatively, you could just Polymorph Any Object your Hulking Hurler into that thing. It won't last very long, but it'll last long enough.

• Locked thread