Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

John Wick posted:

When Rules Lawyer Bob gets hit with a blind spell, blindfold him.

What? Even by the standards of the rest of this advice, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

The Myxinmave is my new favorite prestige class. How does that Spew Hagfish ability even work? Do hagfish just swim around in their stomaches all day? Does a portal to the Plane of Hagfish open in their mouths?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Azran posted:

And that's most of character creation. Before going on, I want the thread to pick three different combinations of race, archetype and career. I will craft them into usable characters, to show just how it all comes together. First come, first served.

How about a Skilled Gobber Field Mechanik/Pirate?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Tasoth posted:

With Spyglass and the whole 'WE TRAIN DISHONEST MOTHER FUCKERS' is going to lead to the Prisoner's Dilemma where depending on how well lying pays off and how many dishonest fucks are running around the system, you're going to get a whole lot of people who do not do honest business. I can't imagine that'd actually be good for nations that are corporations.

But if everyone lies, then you can shoot anyone and be totally exonerated because they were a liar. Once again, the solution is guns.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Mobius even has a time machine!

It's not really a time machine; it's a disintegration chamber he lures Storm Knights into it with rumors of a working time machine and some expendable body doubles. Mobius loves loving with his enemies.

Heh, that's great. Of all the ideas from Torg I want to cannibalize for something better, this is the one that could go anywhere.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Voting for Nile Empire because Dr. Mobius is my favorite single thing about Torg so far.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Furries putting in tonedeaf persecution storylines? That would NEVER happen!

I'm dreaming of a utopia where this is true.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Man, they are so close, so close, to having a genuinely cool concept in "weird alien implant that gives you crazy powers by delving into alternate realities," and then

they totally blow it on the dismount.

The problem here (well, one of them) is their referent for "abstraction of reality" is a stupid internet meme and not, you know, Plato.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Also if they try to infect someone who's got a Transcendent Implant, there's a 12.5% chance that the Whisper trying it, and all Whispers in the area, spontaneously explode. However, if the person with the implant ever tries to use their implant again, they explode, into more Whispers, without a save or any response possible, and if they don't have the requisite combination of stats and/or corporate allegiance to have information about this, the PC will just unknowingly be able to suicide at any moment by deciding to use their superpowers. Fun gameplay!

That would be fun gameplay...in Paranoia.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

LornMarkus posted:

Some of them are actually also mergers of things, like the Knight which has a combination of skills from the Tactics Knight and the moves General Leo had for that short bit you got to use him in VI.

In contrast to the second edition, where they just had a class called "General" that was 60+ levels worth of abilities out of that one "Shock" command, somehow.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Why is every single suggestion anime?

You're absolutely right.

I suggest Homestuck.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Well, that sounds like rear end. Wait a second. SIZ stat? Percentile dice? Roll-under skill checks? This is a BRP game, isn't it? That reminds me of the first RPG I ever played, which used a variant of that system (d20 instead of d100, experience points, a bunch of other stuff) and I think (thankfully) only ever came out in my native language. It had this as the illustration for the Player Characters section in the rulebook.

Is this Kingdom Hearts?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Would-Be Knight, Village Hero and Angered Fae.

I have to admit, I was surprised that the mechanics turned out to be some kind of d20 retroclone instead of Powered by the Apocalypse. (I guess that's what I get for not recognizing the acronym OSR, though.)

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

It should be pointed out that angels and demons can be P-rated.

How does that work? They're entities of pure information, so can they only travel to cyberspace networks of different cosms or do they turn into a book or something if they travel into cosms with lower axioms?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

quote:

Geniuses with a specific cultural or ethnic identity

Wow.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Kavak posted:

There aren't rules for expanding or destroying the pylons or whatever they are that's imposing the other realities on Earth

If I remember correctly, there are, but if you don't do it just right then everyone within range of them just dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Fsmhunk posted:

Where the hell did the 'orcs do lots of rape' thing come from anyway? At least Warhammer is free of such taint.

I blame Dominic Deegan.

• Locked thread