Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Asimo posted:

Ah, huh, I must have missed one then. :v: Well, it was over a decade ago and I don't own any of it anymore, so was working off my feeble memory. Most of the sources for Z-G sort of vanished off the internet a while back.

I will never stop boggling at the progression of "transgressive adult sci-fi" to "collectable action figures", though.

Oof. Reminds me of the short-lived "Shadowrun Duels" action figure game. That was a disappointment on a lot of levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Aha, then apparently Fictonal Rein*Hagen stayed with the company longer than real Rein*Hagen, or wasn't put into the book at all. By process of elimination then he might be the developer depicted as mudering fans at a con rather than talking to them.

That sounds more like Justin Achilli than Rein*Hagen.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

theironjef posted:

Eh, my taste in girls skews away from the kind wearing a wreathe of ranunculus that only want to sex it up after tricking me into a mushroom-dappled glen.

Gosh, it's like you don't want to be torn apart in a frenzy by Bacchanalian nymphs.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Autocthon? Someone played too much Exalted - that's not a place. It means 'born from the earth', an autocthon in ancient Greece was someone born of the earth, without parents. In modern usage it means something native to somewhere.

It's likely a reference to OMage's Autocthonia, a machine realm where Iteration X's Computer resides.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Spiderfist Island posted:

I know that the Rmoahals are something originally from the insane ramblings of Theosophy, but the Hunter interpretation of them that keeps popping up in the supplements is really cool. Do they ever get mentioned in Mummy or any other splatbook?

They come up in nMage, actually. They're mentioned a couple times in connection with Atlantis, and there's a Legacy--an extreme subsect of Magedom--that works towards becoming them. I no longer have my Mage books so I'm real fuzzy on the details. Lemme see if I can look it up.

edit: Can't find it listed in any of the usual suspects and Google was no help. The more I try to remember, the more I think they weren't a fully detailed Legacy--just mentioned in passing in a book. They were a Left-Hand Legacy, not really meant for PC play. They sought to physically turn themselves into rmoahals--giants, blue skin, hermaphroditic--and IIRC they used sacrifice to help achieve it. There were also ties to Nazism I believe; something to do with Pure Aryanism also being tied to ancient Atlantic ideals like the rmoahals.

Everything Counts fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 11, 2015

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Oh right, that part of Promethean no one actually liked.

Can anyone expand on this? I never got a chance to read Promethean and am not familiar with its metaplot (such as it is, in NWoD.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Count Chocula posted:

Phil Brucato, Grant Morrison, Alan Moore

One of these things is very much not like the others.

• Locked thread