Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Littlefinger
Oct 13, 2012
I've been looking around on DTRPG, and

Yeah. A samurai in Cyclops' visor. :allears:

NipponTech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Littlefinger
Oct 13, 2012

Libertad! posted:

Putting old-fashioned samurai and ninjas in a near-future Japan's kind of like putting old-fashioned armored knights in a near-future Britain, don't you think?
Um, yes?
I picked it not because I think it's awesome but because it is a literal street ~samurai~ that is so hilariously 80s-90s and a single-picture representation of the whole postmodern orientalism of the time.

Littlefinger
Oct 13, 2012

wikipedia posted:

A substantial party believed that these new found peoples were not truly human. This party speculated that since Christendom was not permitted by God to become aware of their existence and thus bring the Gospel to them until so late, it was only because they were not human or possessed no souls, so they could not attain salvation. The New Testament says that the gospel has been preached to all nations;[4] since the gospel had not been preached to the Native Americans, perhaps they did not count.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublimus_Dei

Yeah, this was an actual debate within the Church. :smith:

Littlefinger
Oct 13, 2012
Nippon Tech.
I guess the katana-trenchcoat content will be highest in that one.

Littlefinger
Oct 13, 2012
Call me skeptical, but considering how he nerfed martial versatility while not only kept wizards complex but pushed out subclass after subclass for them when he took over the line, I think Mearls was one of those wizard supremacists Heinsoo became frustrated with during the 4e design process.

Then again, he did make Iron Heroes. :shrug:

Littlefinger
Oct 13, 2012

Night10194 posted:

They need the help of brave heroes to overcome the manipulations of That rear end in a top hat Over There Who Thinks This Is Game Of Thrones or the scheming noble who the Deer walked right past. And maybe they need mentors in statescraft and poo poo'
Coincidentally, much of the plot of Mercedes Lackey's Heralds trilogy revolves around this theme. BR encouraging plots based on its inspiration/source material must have been a huge surprise to these eminently sensible critics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Littlefinger
Oct 13, 2012

Mr. Maltose posted:

I'm glad that Blue Rose specifically sets up my favorite RPG pick up plot, The Jordy Verrill. Nothing beats going into town only to find the local farmer found a gold ring while plowing and gave it to her wife and now we're covered in ghosts and nonsense.
Notice how careful they had to be not to make it "local gentry found a gold ring while hiking and gave it to his nephew and now we're covered in wraiths and nonsense", so they could have their plotless liberal non-rpg story instead of turning it into some honest high fantasy campaign. :v:

• Locked thread