Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

I'm actually wanting to play RIFTS again, despite having played it before. I suspect darkest sorcery on ARB's part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Kurieg posted:

You could buy off ECL with the proper DM rules, and you'd eventually catch up to the party. The problem was racial hit die. 5 levels of monstrous humanoid were more or less worthless but for some reason were exactly equivalent to 5 levels of fighter or wizard.

Well, when the game thinks 5 levels of fighter is equivalent to 5 levels of wizard, the bar is already pretty low. :v:

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

You guys need to find a copy of SenZar and review that. It's supposed to be even crazier than Synnibarr.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Doresh posted:

So, what should it be?
  • Silhouette CORE: The crunch and nothing but (though I could do the rules along with a setting)
  • Heavy Gear: Not-VOTOMS, though that was already partially covered here.
  • Jovian Chronicles: Not-Gundam
  • CORE Command: Our smallest fighter is as big as a Corvellian Corvette o_O

Are you doing 2nd Ed or 1st?

I have the entire 1st edition collection of Jovian Chronicles boxed up in the garage. That was the second RPG I ever bought, and probably why I love giant robots so much. I can try to dig them out if you want me to do any of the books that didn't make the edition jump.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Doresh posted:

2nd. I only have the latest editions. AFAIK, 2nd edition only really has one book, so there's more than enough for you to do.

I think we have a winner.

I'll dig them out over the weekend, then, and maybe get a couple write-ups started while I wait for you to start hitting the core. Probably won't post anything until you've at least covered the setting chapter so I can hand hooks off that.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Doresh posted:

Jovian Chronicles Second Edition RPG Player's Handbook

So, I've found my stack of JC 1st Edition.

What can I say, I like mecha.

What sounds good to you guys?

• Companion: Additional World info, extra character and tactical (vehicle) rules, and the GURPS-esque Vehicle Engineering rules. (Holy gently caress they're mathy.)
  • Mechanical Catalogs, 1&2: Vehicles and mecha. 1 is military, 2 is civilian, for the most part.
  • The Chaos Principle: The only published adventure, as far as I know.
  • GM Guide: Self-explanatory.
  • Ships of the Fleet, Vol I-IV: In-depth on spaceships. 2 are Jovian, 1 CEGA, 1 Venusian.
  • Spacer's Guide: Day-to-day setting info. They detail Spacer's Runic in here!
  • Spacer's Equipment Guide: Gear book.
  • Blue Sourcebooks: Each covers a different nation. Mercury, Venus, Earth/CEGA, Earth/Non-CEGA, Cislunar Space, Mars, Nomads, Jupiter. They also have a Solapol sourcebook, for all your space cop needs. (I don't have all of these in print, but I do have digital editions.)

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Kavak posted:

If I ever run a Hunter campaign, the cell is going to find itself competing/cooperating with Iran's counterpart to both Valkyrie and the Malleus Maleficarum, VAJA's Subministry for Unusual Threats to the Islamic Republic*, colloquially known as the "Djinn Hunters".

*Name pending

Change name to Sons of Sulayman, stat.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

He's also a really big deal in Islam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

A war mattock has more spikes, I think.

• Locked thread