Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Grnegsnspm posted:

God drat you people. I've spent the better part of the day with theironjef hashing out how to make a workable system out of TORG that eventually turned into Sliders meets Marvel's Exiles meets Quantum Leap that is basically nothing like the source material anymore outside of "there are other dimensions" and "they have governing laws to their reality".

The rundown has made me realize that the TORG i played in high school was this, as the GM had apparently torn the game apart and rebuilt it on his own to be fun. Stormknights were immune to cosm changes, the darkness devices where just powerful artifacts and not sentient, and the high lords just fell into the "absolute power corrupts" thing. We also took down stele like mad and no one died, they just shifted back. A grand time was had by all.

I now know why he never let ANYONE read the core books, and helped us with everything. We were playing a different game entirely with a similar plot. I don’t remember any of the terrible card mechanics, and am pretty sure we were just using a lot of reskinned d&d 2.0 mechanics, now that i think about it.

TyrsHTML fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Has anyone ever been brave enough to do a write-up on the full meta-plot of 7th sea? The most I can find in some lazy searching is somehow Cthulhu made magic and left all those cool artifacts around, but locked himself out of his house and wants back in?

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Oh cool thanks! I looked at the entry but though it was just the base book. Ill give that a read.

Edit: i should have just looked an seen it had 212 sections. Thats a lot of effort there Mors Rattus, god drat!

TyrsHTML fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 5, 2015

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

theironjef posted:

Huh, no idea how to post a downloadable unzipped mp3 without it automatically popping up the player thing. I'll look into it.

That would be neat, as I download the podcast directly to my phone, and having to unzip it is an extra step. (I'm terrible about not downloading it till I'm at work, so there you go.) I'm also god awful about Itunes and the like, so just having the option to download it from your site is great, but I know I'm an outlier.

This is all moot now, as the podcast app Jeff mentioned works fine. thanks Jeff

TyrsHTML fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 19, 2015

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

I get the feeling that if the Cyrissian's actually accomplish their goal, it’s not going to be good for ANYONE not a soul jar robot, not just the gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

theironjef posted:

Perfect. We had a bit of a mental disconnect between the two of us on our end, but I think we're through the weeds and are going to set it in a fake America in the 20s, where blimpships are king.

I can’t say enough words on how excited for this I am, holy poo poo.

• Locked thread