Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I love Knights of Sidonia because it has Nihei art combined with a story I can mostly follow. It feels like he's finally hit his stride as a storyteller with the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

gobbledygoat posted:

I love the weird gender stuff and the slice of life parts the most. I am a bad person.
Me too. We can be bad together.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's an extremely helpful post, with the huge gaps in releases I'd completely lost track of a lot of stuff, particularly who Ochiai is/was.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Dan7el posted:

4. While we don't hear much about the pilots and their battle with g-forces as they pilot their mechs, Sidonia itself suffers from g-forces when on the run from Guanas. I just wonder how the oceans fared when they blasted their engines to escape that one Guana early on.
I got the impression the "ocean" is more a giant fish tank than an open air lake. Which makes sense, because that would cause a total disaster if they had to maneuver.

I actually think there's a cutaway of Sidonia at some point that shows where the water tanks are located, but I'm way too lazy to go look for it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sidonia-No-Kishi/Vol-011-Ch-053--The-Large-Mass-Union-Ship-s-Presence

Tsumugi still the best girl. Robot girl added to harem comedy crew, as if there was ever any doubt.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think the Gauna are still a little confused about the difference between humans and gardes. Or maybe they think humans want to be that big and they're trying to help. :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
58 translated: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sidonia-No-Kishi/Vol-012-Ch-058--Mizuki-s-Abilities

Battleship drifting. :getin:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I feel like I missed a joke. How could Izana be ranked 1 for both when she wasn't in the top lists for men or women separately?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Sydnesider posted:

(59)I could not stop laughing as Tsumugi interrupted Izana again, to announce she received a vote :allears:
Tsumugi doesn't see what the big deal is about clothes. She doesn't wear any. :colbert:

I was disappointed Tsumugi didn't win the vote.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
IIRC Blame and Biomega fit with each other pretty well, but I don't see how Sidonia could, since Earth got eaten by the megastructure instead of being blown up by gauna.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh my god that was the most adorable thing ever. :syoon:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 15, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah in fairness this is the first series where Nihei really bothered with things like "characters," so it's a little rough.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I take refuge in the thought that that would be almost exactly what happened with Hoshijiro, and doing it again would be seriously lame.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Maybe Sidonia just has really aggressive hyper-kudzu and it's been like a week.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 1, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Tanikaze is history's greatest monster. Don't cheat on Tsumugi. :mad:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
At this rate the Type 20 is going to need to be a goddamn super saiyan to save the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well his earlier works barely have characters at all, so that's not hard.

• Locked thread