Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
The inhabitants of Sidonia are remarkably calm about the ocean hanging right over their heads. The thought of the bulkheads failing and all that rushing down :gonk:. Aside from that, Sidonia's design is one of my favorite parts of the manga, especially now that the Captain's made some changes over the last few chapters. Looking forward to seeing what purpose they serve once things heat up, too.

Dan7el posted:

1. Seii Ichiro -- gave up his position as XO to Yuhata because he recognized her talent and realized she would do a much better job than he would. He probably wanted to get back to piloting a mech anyway. I like the way her talent was recognized early on and used. I do wonder how he noticed this. She had to be just one junior trainee among hundreds of trainees.

4. We don't know much about the Guana, but they seem to have some sort of society as they travel in large groups. Right? It'd be nice to learn more about them. I feel like this is Attack of the Titans where we have no idea what the Titans are about. We have no idea what the Guana are about either. Except, the Titans seem more threatening to me. I don't know why I feel that way, though.

5. Shiraui Tsumugi is the best.

1. They probably were already watching her due to high scores or hey, her sibling's made the cut and become a pilot, better see if the family has skills too.

4. I don't know how canon the pages with sketches are but ones like the "gauna's copy of Sidonia" (don't remember what chapter) give some interesting ideas. Going off what's been confirmed in the latest chapters, it sounds like they seek out civilizations of a sufficiently advanced level.

5. This is correct. Something about a :dong:-looking defender of humanity looking at pictures of cats and having sleepovers is just amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread