Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Okay the American flag bit and the murmuring joke were gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

I adore this show and don't want it to go away. "Sweeping crew. Shoveling poo!"
Also the gingers were amazing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Florida... What are ya gonna do?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

No racism this episode, neat!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
God I love this show. "What fantasy world do you live you in where children aren't dicks?"

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Vincent posted:

No racism this episode, neat!

Racism? Are you talking about the "Move along white girl, your had your time" thing?

"We made this pig in honor of your momma"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, for a little Friday night show it's been entertaining for sure. I wish they would stop pushing Pete quite so hard when they have an interesting ensemble going, I'd like to see story lines involving the rest of the squad given the main arc. Also I can't remember if I realised that Dobkiss was L'il Kevin from Always Sunny and then forgot, but yeah. So obvious.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Postal Parcel posted:

Racism? Are you talking about the "Move along white girl, your had your time" thing?

"We made this pig in honor of your momma"
Park:
"Where I'm from, Plan B is when you take your baby daughter into the woods to get eaten by a bear"
"I was born on a work camp"

And the Latina sargeant whose dad bailed on her, whose family is in jail and her uncle got killed by oranges.
Which, yeah, are just a few lines on a couple of episodes but still left me qith a bad taste in my mouth (that and no Ron Funches past the pilot).

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
The Glee Club going to nationals joke caught me off guard, in a good way. I hope this show gets renewed.

DangerKat posted:

God I love this show. "What fantasy world do you live you in where children aren't dicks?"

This should be the thread title, right here

PappasKurtz
Jul 14, 2005
Amicus Triumvirate
The shtick of of making fun of other shows on the same network brings fond memories of The Simpsons. American Idol, Masterchef, Glee? Hell, I wonder if they'd ever think to do a Brooklyn Nine Nine crossover.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Vincent posted:

Park:
"Where I'm from, Plan B is when you take your baby daughter into the woods to get eaten by a bear"
"I was born on a work camp"

And the Latina sargeant whose dad bailed on her, whose family is in jail and her uncle got killed by oranges.
Which, yeah, are just a few lines on a couple of episodes but still left me qith a bad taste in my mouth (that and no Ron Funches past the pilot).

Maybe you shouldnt watch the show if you are having such problems with it? Or are you watching it now to complain?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Beer antlers?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh god, that entire sausage fest bit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hahaha, the Marine bar has a big sign that says HOME OF THE COIN

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Didn't they already have an episode literally devoted to the bartenders kid? And now he's just meeting him :confused:

Also this episode. I know it's a comedy show but got dam :cry:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

Didn't they already have an episode literally devoted to the bartenders kid? And now he's just meeting him :confused:

I think someone mentioned when that episode aired that it was aired really out of order, so yeah, thats confusing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Oh god, that entire sausage fest bit.

I was just about to wrap my lips around a juicy hot piece of meat when you idiots called.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"How was that game?"

"What game?"

"Enough with the small talk".

This show is really under-appreciated. Somehow anything comedic Keith David says is 10x funnier then from any other actor.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think my favorite part of the episode was how the Marine bar was just as obsessed with the coin as the old vets.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
No one mentioned the emotional side of the episode? I don't think I've ever seen any television show that deals with the military with more heart, respect and love than this show. Same for their treatment of PTSD. It's really weird that it came in the form of a short-lived comedy that died anonymously on the friday graveyard shift on Fox :smith:

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

pentyne posted:

This show is really under-appreciated. Somehow anything comedic Keith David says is 10x funnier then from any other actor.
It really is. I think the show had the potential to take off, if only it had premiered at the beginning of the season instead of Dads in a bloc with Brooklyn 9-9. It did not stand much chance to catch on as a mid-season replacement in the Friday night death slot.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Forgot to mention how I loved when they acknowledged the cliche 1 to 1 pairing of characters. A lot of shows do that but when they switched seats to be with "themselves" I lost it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I might be reading into it too much but the Army's practice of co-opting one BBQ faction into the parade which leads another BBQ faction to trash it is p. much the Sunni Awakening.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, that was the post Super Bowl episode, which they aired out of order because I guess someone figured, "Episode is airing shortly after the Super Bowl, it should be about football. Let's grab that episode about football we have slotted for later in the season."

It's weird, but whatever, as long as you know about it's easy to ignore. And at least it's only one episode aired out of order. Networks has been much worse about that in the past.

Subterfrugal posted:

I might be reading into it too much but the Army's practice of co-opting one BBQ faction into the parade which leads another BBQ faction to trash it is p. much the Sunni Awakening.

Well that's brilliant, and I can't see it any other way now.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Cotato posted:

Maybe you shouldnt watch the show if you are having such problems with it? Or are you watching it now to complain?

I'll admit my first post was a bit knee-jerky, but those are things that bother me about the show and wanted to comment on them. If I didn't like Enlisted I wouldn't post on the thread. A person can enjoy something and still have problems with the thing.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

I love this show, sad there wasn't anything this week. It did give me a chance to rewatch Finder on Netflix which is also fantastic and makes me miss Michael Clark Duncan

dmkmills
Nov 12, 2003
Jedi Knight
I also just want to add my supreme high praise of this show. It is insanely funny, the acting is ALL amazing, and it has very heartwarming and touching moments. It reminds me a lot of Scrubs, but without the horrible soul-crushing sadness that was too common for my tastes (still loved it though).

I'm not sure if I'll be okay if this show doesn't make it.... I haven't been this attached to a show in a *long* time.

SOMEONE PLEASE REASSURE ME :ohdear:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Things aren't good for the show as its getting kicked off the schedule in April. Kevin Biegel is saying things are okay but I'm not sure you can spin this in a good light.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Well that sucks. I really wish Geoff Stults could find something to last more than a season. The Finder was awesome and so is this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everything with Keith David this episode has been great.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

Holy poo poo that was hilarious. Keith David was amazing, the last scene made my stomach hurt I was laughing so hard. I love this show

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bad news though as that was the last episode to air for the foreseeable future. There are still 4 episodes that haven't been aired and Fox says that they will make them available but they said the same thing about Ben & Kate last year and those never surfaced.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It was a good run :patriot:

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

muscles like this? posted:

Fox says that they will make them available but they said the same thing about Ben & Kate last year and those never surfaced.

They're on iTunes and Amazon, but they were never aired. I guess Fox was too busy burning off The Goodwin Games to bother with broadcasting them.

It was a good run :patriot:

I'm with Sepinwall on this one.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

I totally agree with that write up. I was just thinking that out of all the new comedies on TV this season the only show I find more entertaining is Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Enlisted really did deserve better, but then so it is with Fox and good shows.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Enlisted isn't bad but frankly the episodes that everyone gush about - this last included - strike me as the weakest ones for some reason.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
If they had aired the episodes in order they would have actually had narrative threads that made sense. Remember how they reunited the bartender and her child with her husband then a few weeks later Derrick finds out she has a kid and then a few weeks later he was trying to get up the nerve to ask her out? Yeah. Bit of a problem. Had they played everything as it was produced maybe we would have given a poo poo about Derrick figuring out what he wants to do with his life and appreciated it coming from Cody. Everything plays better and shuffling poo poo around to pop a number is so contemptuous of the audience you're trying to get to watch your show.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Sure, I get that but I wasn't wild about the mechanical spider episode or the old vet episode. I'm not sure any change in continuity fixes that.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
So the rear D gets the, uhh, D in the rear. Gonna miss this one, it really deserved more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Dammit. :(

• Locked thread