Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scarf posted:

CU Boulder is too busy being an awesome beautiful place at the foot of a mountain with all of the weed you could possibly smoke to be concerned with winning football games.

It used to be that and a place with a good football team! But yeah Boulder is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thermos H Christ posted:

I am continually amazed at how they manage to lose home games despite the fact that opposing teams can't breathe. And yes, Boulder is quite possibly my favorite place in America.

It's one of the only campuses I've ever seen that made me think twice about going to Clemson.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

It's one of the only campuses I've ever seen that made me think twice about going to Clemson.

One of my favorite afternoons of my adult life involved getting hammered at Avery Brewing, driving to a natural food store and loading up on fresh produce and sandwiches, and driving to the top of Flagstaff and eating lunch in 3 feet of residual snow* while looking across the Rockies. Boulder is something else.

*It was 78F in town.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I would think being out of South Carolina automatically makes a school significantly more attractive than Clemson.

Question for Gator fans. Do you want your team to get 9-10 wins and keep Muschamp or would you prefer ~7 and his firing? I understand not wanting to root for a poor season but does anyone honestly believe Muschamp is out coaching anybody if he gets a team to the playoffs?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Basil Hayden posted:

E: When did Wikipedia start calling WKU-MTSU "100 Miles of Hate", I have literally never heard that before

Probably around the same time the BG/Toledo game got called "The Battle of I-75" by ESPN, which nobody has ever loving said between either school or fanbase.

Get ready for what will be a great game on Nov. 19th, and to see that goddamn Google Maps graphic with LOOK THEY'RE ONLY 26 MILES APART YOU GUYS at least 5 times.

Look at this loving shitbox rear end poop trophy

LOOK AT IT

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Question for Gator fans. Do you want your team to get 9-10 wins and keep Muschamp or would you prefer ~7 and his firing? I understand not wanting to root for a poor season but does anyone honestly believe Muschamp is out coaching anybody if he gets a team to the playoffs?

I legitimately want him to succeed. It sucks that we hired a coach for OJT for a couple of years, but his defense is super loving nasty. If he takes his hands off the offense and sticks to his specialty he could be good at UF for a long time.

Also, South Carolina is awesome if you're near the mountains or the beach. Everything in the middle blows though.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Also, South Carolina is awesome if you're near the mountains or the beach. Everything in the middle blows though.

:respek:

This guy knows the truth.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

I legitimately want him to succeed. It sucks that we hired a coach for OJT for a couple of years, but his defense is super loving nasty. If he takes his hands off the offense and sticks to his specialty he could be good at UF for a long time.

I suppose thats true, although how much of that is just being at UF after the last 10+ years of absurd success?

I find myself thinking UF could go out and hire the best coach available in any given offseason so why bother staying hitched to Muschamp?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I would think being out of South Carolina automatically makes a school significantly more attractive than Clemson.

I want an offense. Muschamp has proven that he can field and recruit a superb NCAA leading defense. If we get 7 wins but it's evident that the offense is vastly improved then so be it I can live with that. Because if we win 7 but put up 30+ points in the losses it means at least we're moving the ball most likely and scoring. Effective QB and receiver play. An improved utilization of the tight end, and a more dynamic running game are all needed on our offense. I swear to god if our red zone offense is as bad this year as it was last year I'll probably drink myself into a stupor and regain all of my 260 lbs I lost by emotional eating.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Apparently Texas just announced that $750 million will be spent over the next 6-8 years building new facilities for various sports and upgrading DKR. But a stipend would surely ruin college sports by getting all that dirty money involved.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
So we're talking about teams that gave won a BCS game and later gone completely to poo poo? Pull up a chair and get comfortable and I'll tell you the tale of Kiffin and Dooley.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Thoguh posted:

This piqued my curiosity. I compiled the records of the Big 5 conference schools for the last five seasons and ranked them by win percentage.

Woo, tied with Maryland!

:smithicide:

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
College Station pros: alcohol is really cheap and you're halfway between Houston and Austin (although I'm one of the weirdos who loves Houston)

College Station cons: everything else. Also, you're further away from the greatest city in the country (New Orleans, of course)

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Crotch Bat posted:

Just for the hell of it, here's the power conference schools who haven't hit 7 wins in the last 5 years. I stuck with them for a few reasons, most of which should be obvious.

Wake Forest(best mark 6-7)
Kansas(best mark 5-7)
Indiana(best mark 5-7)
Washington State(best mark 6-7)
Colorado(best mark 5-7)

That's it. Those are the Power 5 teams that have struggled to reach VT's bottom.

Seeing as Korranus is a Houston fan, I'm pretty sure he was referring to the schools outside the Power 5.

DJExile posted:

Probably around the same time the BG/Toledo game got called "The Battle of I-75" by ESPN, which nobody has ever loving said between either school or fanbase.

That trophy is pretty, uh... yeah, I don't even know what to say about that.

WKU had a cool, naturally-formed trophy rivalry but it's dead (Battle for the Red Belt). :(

Basil Hayden fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 18, 2014

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN

Thoguh posted:

code:
48.	Tennessee	28-34

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Media's getting another look at McLane today, getting some nice shots out of it. I knew we had a field-level recruiting lounge now, but I didn't know it's right next to where the team will be coming out. I really like that setup.

Thirteen days.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Jared Lorenzen took a photo with freshman defensive tackle Matt Elam:

Matt Elam weighs 375 lbs by the way

Kidd-Liggit fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 18, 2014

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Basil Hayden posted:

That trophy is pretty, uh... yeah, I don't even know what to say about that.

WKU had a cool, naturally-formed trophy rivalry but it's dead (Battle for the Red Belt). :(

The trophy used to be the "Peace Pipe", and I completely understand wanting to get away from native american imagery, but jesus guys this just horrible. The game was just always called "the BG/UT game" around here, then someone (I'm almost certain it was ESPN's deal) had to give it the silly nickname. Ah well, the game owns at least.

Kidd-Liggit posted:

Jared Lorenzen takes a photo with freshman defensive tackle Matt Elam:

gat drat

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kidd-Liggit posted:

Jared Lorenzen took a photo with freshman defensive tackle Matt Elam:

I loving love Jared Lorenzen.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I loving love Jared Lorenzen.

It's going to be loved if he doesn't get some help. Jesus Christ please work out :(

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Did your team get crushed because like four guys decided they were cool working alongside a pedophile rapist? If no, it could be worse.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
I could register for student tickets today to watch ODU play Hampton. It's getting real everyone the football is getting close. Oh man is it getting close.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Fluffdaddy posted:

It's going to be loved if he doesn't get some help. Jesus Christ please work out :(

Are you kidding he's in the football shape of his life

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Raku posted:

Are you kidding he's in the football shape of his life

:lol:

Round Mound of Touchdown, indeed.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Idaho
Eastern Michigan
Kentucky
Eastern Kentucky

Florida will win all of these.

@ Vanderbilt
@ Tennessee

Florida will probably win these two.

Missouri

Toss-up. Hard to tell right now.

WLOCP
LSU

Florida will probably lose these two.

@ Alabama
South Carolina
@ Florida State

Florida will not win these three.

And that, dear friends, will not be enough to save Muschamp's job.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

surrender posted:

College Station pros: alcohol is really cheap and you're halfway between Houston and Austin (although I'm one of the weirdos who loves Houston)

College Station cons: everything else. Also, you're further away from the greatest city in the country (New Orleans, of course)

Supposedly it has an incredibly high concentration of beautiful women too but that only seems to be true if you're into that type of white girl that cosplays as a cowboy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

Idaho
Eastern Michigan
Kentucky
Eastern Kentucky

Florida will win all of these.

@ Vanderbilt
@ Tennessee

Florida will probably win these two.

Missouri

Toss-up. Hard to tell right now.

WLOCP
LSU

Florida will probably lose these two.

@ Alabama
South Carolina
@ Florida State

Florida will not win these three.

And that, dear friends, will not be enough to save Muschamp's job.

I'd put pretty much all of the harder games as toss ups outside of Bama and FSU but even then they've pulled shockers on FSU before although even when Jimbo coaches poorly he always does an amazing job at the rivalry games. Still though I don't see them beating LSU, Missouri, Georgia, AND South Carolina. Maybe 3 at absolute best.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Hi! I made a pre-season/Week 1 N/V because football is almost here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658692

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
All I want out of the SEC East is for the Tennessee/Florida game to be an absolute trainwreck again

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

LeeMajors posted:

In an alternate universe somewhere, Jimbo got his way and hired Muschamp away to run the defense and FSU hasn't lost a game since 2011.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Heaf posted:

Hi! I made a pre-season/Week 1 N/V because football is almost here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658692

Everyone go to this thread where hopefully this horrible "no my suffering is the REAL suffering" argument will not follow.

• Locked thread