Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

SaltLick posted:

No Johnny Football next year. Now we will never get the support of TFF.
There's always the Alabama game at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Our depth chart at QB will be this:

Matt Joeckel RS-SR
Kenny Hill SO
Kyle Allen FR (doubt he redshirts since Joeckel is graduating)

There's a good chance Kenny Hill wins the job, he's a dynamic scrambler with a high ceiling. Slim chance Allen wins it, but he is an early enrollee.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Cedric Ogbuehi is coming back for his senior season to play LT, he was projected low first round. Basically the same decision Jake Matthews made last year. A&M gonna be Left Tackle U

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Brutally boring, I can't believe we couldn't replace Lamar or SMU. Hyman sucks at scheduling.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Is the MOB at least coming this time

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

He got into an accident on a moped with two girls on the back. Then he fled the scene and ran from the cops, with the two girls still on the back. He actually evaded police and turned himself in the next day.

I know who I'm rooting for in the East next year

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

I honestly don't have a problem with any team claiming a national title from an undefeated season. A&M claiming the 1919 season (where they were unscored on) is way more legit than, say, 1997 CONFERENCE CHAMPS (SOUTH DIVISION in tiny print, got blown out by Nebraska) and don't even get me started on claiming 2010 why the gently caress is that on Kyle Field

Elotana fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 1, 2014

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

C2C - 2.0 posted:

He's also been going back on Tigerdroppings deleting posts, though I don't know how effective it is in the grand scheme of things.
If he's already been informed of an investigation by the judicial board into the "posting about a closed adoption proceeding" thing, then I would guess deleting evidence complete with "Edited by" timestamp is extremely counter-productive.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

What bringing the women into the equation will do is help establish a minimum salary for a college athlete, because that will be a huge barrier toward fulfilling Title IX requirements. That said, unless Congress passes an amendment to exempt sports from equal pay initiatives (which would be hilarious), men's sports and women's sports will likely be subject to equal or proportional levels of salary.
Is this the case for coaching employees?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Are you telling me Outsports is clickbaiting? I won't have it!

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

He looks like he's yawning

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Could you even fit a regulation football field on a Nimitz without cutting off the control tower?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

A&M WR Ricky Seals-Jones-Bahama arrested for disorderly conduct (language) last night. We're playing some serious Fulmer Cup small ball here.

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2014/4/6/5587424/ricky-seals-jones-arrested-kevin-sumlin-johnny-manziel-fulmer-cup-aggies

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Incoherence posted:

Eh, not really: the first half was everyone collectively asking "is Rice actually secretly good or does A&M have no run defense" and then Manziel came in and scored a bunch of touchdowns and got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for pointing at the scoreboard. (The answer to the question in the first half was "A&M has no run defense": Rice won C-USA because C-USA was a dumpster fire and then got utterly obliterated by Mississippi State.)
Even A&M's homer sites are saying our defense was still lovely all spring, so you guys have a puncher's chance now that Manziel is gone!

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

MourningView posted:

Saying that all Manziel did there was point to the scoreboard is really not doing it justice. It was a beautiful piece of performance art.
Actually that really was all he did to get the penalty (plus I assume some unheard shittalk). The autograph miming and money gesture was earlier in the game and he didn't even get a penalty for that, because it was too awesome.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/10867156/55-schools-facing-title-ix-sex-assault-probe

FBS schools named in the list: Cal, Colorado, FSU, Idaho, Indiana, Mich, Mich St, OK St, Ohio St, Penn St, SMU, Temple, UConn, UNC, UMass, USC, UVa, Vandy, Wazzu

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Raku posted:

The only SEC team listed is an Ivy League school. Pretty much the more hoity toity your school is the more likely it is to cover up a rape, is what I'm getting out of this
A&M is safe until APHIS comes a-knockin'

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

Watching college football on a weekly basis makes you more qualified than anyone in the draft thread.
As a Texans fan I am very gratified that the Titans took all the assholes and the Jaguars took all the busts

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

anne frank fanfic posted:

Also, Army almost beat them at home.
This was the game where most of the fanbase turned on Fran, it was hilariously bad. It was a Real Army triple option vs Fake Army speed option duel except A&M was so sloppy and ill-prepared that Army was kicking our asses and finally in the second half we broke the honor duel by saying "gently caress you we have athletes here are some forward passes." Then we went back to our lovely option and preserved our hollow victory on a goal line stand.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=262590245

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Wanvig posted:

I know when the local news mentioned this story they had footage of these guys playing in an actual game (the Rice game, mind you), but they must not be very important players. Like four other dudes on the Aggie team have been arrested this offseason and they're still playing.
These guys were already two of the arrests in the offseason. Golden was arrested for weed, Claiborne for disorderly, IIRC. This was their second chance and they couldn't even make it to the summer without getting arrested again :cripes:

They were also two of our most promising fish on defense. Claiborne in particular was the only LB who could tackle. Looks like we better buckle the gently caress up because we're in for another season of pinball games

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Democratic Pirate posted:

Ryan Swope had to retire from the NFL because of his concussion issues and I don't think he ever even had to miss a game, and never months in a row.
To be fair his medicals were so bad that he dropped all the way to the sixth round despite an awesome combine and apparently the trigger injury was a rather mild ground impact at OTAs. I'm sure we didn't force him out there, he seems like the "I'M FINE COACH WOO" type, but both Sherman and Sumlin (those types of things aren't one-impact deals) failed him in retrospect. We probably should've treated him more like Ash.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Ahahahahahahahhaah

I guess Baylor is being charitable and donating last year's one-offs to MAC teams?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

Speaking of NCAA violations, how is this allowed?

I don't see a cover charge so why would that be an NCAA violation :confused:

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

I know the UT fanbase as a whole likes Powers for shitcanning Mack and because anyone opposing side of Perry is easy to to like by default, but that UT Law admissions scandal is actually sleazy as gently caress and a totally legitimate reason for demanding his resignation. (This post is not an endorsement of Perry)

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

http://tamu.247sports.com/Board/20/Contents/This-press-release-by-Bryan-PD--29823011

FULMER CUP BABY YEAH S-E-C

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

The red is from (former general) dog blood
Yeah, sure. Dog blood.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Why the gently caress is A&M ranked 20 in any poll

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

anne frank fanfic posted:

you guys are the only dumbass demographic besides old as poo poo people keeping landlines and cable alive, fuckers. get rid of cable already *durr but my 36969 p is 720ps one less on the stream.* gently caress off.
I'll give you landlines but this is a football forum, we're pretty much stuck with cable for that reason

gently caress if I'm watching A&M/USCe on some shitbox 144p pirate stream, or in a Dave & Busters full of pasty middle-aged homers

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

A&M just named Kenny Hill starting QB. He's a dual-threat, three-star recruit who will be making his first start against a heavily favored SEC East power after an offseason mainly notable for this:

What I'm saying here is start engraving the Heisman now :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

not really used to seeing a football player go down for intoxication. Gives aggie an opportunity to be more sanctimonious than notre dame fans
He was passed out in a planter at Northgate

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2014/3/28/5559964/photo-texas-a-m-qb-kenny-hill-asleep-in-a-planter

• Locked thread