Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

They do a parody of Fox News. Brad lives in San Francisco. Put together all the pieces peoples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Did Final Fantasy 14 Reborn and DC Universe Online do well on consoles? I don't really have a good grasp on how popular MMOs are on them.

FF14 isn't out on PS4 as far as I know, I know sales exceeded Square/Enix's predictions. DC Universe has been going strong for quite a few years. Enough to warrant a PS4 version.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

But the story! The characters! The dialogue! it was all so... Shakespearean.

This quote must always be remembered as to why people make fun of how bad DMC's story was. Don't ever let anyone say that it was bad on purpose, that it was supposed to be a enjoyed for how absurd it was. No, they wanted to make something deep and moving and tell a story that had never been told in videogames before.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Grondoth posted:

This quote must always be remembered as to why people make fun of how bad DMC's story was. Don't ever let anyone say that it was bad on purpose, that it was supposed to be a enjoyed for how absurd it was. No, they wanted to make something deep and moving and tell a story that had never been told in videogames before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTQFpwZwk-w

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
Oh jeez I thought that Shakespearean qoute was a joke.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
Don't tell anyone but Shakespeare and his work was populist, foul mouthed and violent. :allears:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Dexo posted:

It sounded like you only wanted a single player RPG, which is completely fine. But this game wasn't that. Group up, do other quests, PVP etc etc. You know things you do in an MMO.

Peoples impressions of ToR are going to depend on when they played it. I played at launch and I kept hearing about the group content being kind of bad, the Imperial Agent class story was pretty much the only reason I maxed my character and I stopped playing immediately after because PVP was boring as hell.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Don't tell anyone but Shakespeare and his work was populist, foul mouthed and violent. :allears:

Well, yeah. But have you ever heard anyone say Shakespearean and have it mean those things?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Token Cracker posted:

I just played Metal Gear Rising on the PC and it's kinda sad that it wasn't on their GOTY list. The game just brings it the entire way through.
Metal Gear Rising is like something a more financially successful (but not too successful) Treasure would've made. It is a Treasure game for the modern generation.

Now that I said that I think Platinum should make a modern Gunstar Heroes, or was that Vanquish?

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 11, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Token Cracker posted:

I just played Metal Gear Rising on the PC and it's kinda sad that it wasn't on their GOTY list. The game just brings it the entire way through.

Not enough of them played MGR to talk about it. I think only Jeff and Patrick played it. Seems like Brad dismissed it cause he didn't see or hear anything about it. I mean at the time he was engrossed in the Shakespearean experience that is DmC: Devil May Cry.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This is a high class video game right here

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Desura is the place for the HIGH CLASS video games

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

randombattle posted:

Seems like Brad dismissed it cause he didn't see or hear anything about it. I mean at the time he was engrossed in the Shakespearean experience that is DmC: Devil May Cry.

No, he was in the first QL for the game and even heard that the final boss fight was loving insane, but didn't get hyped up enough about it because Jeff previewed the boring part of the Denver chapter.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
My only beefs with DmC after finally playing it through PSN Plus are that Ninja Theory throwing some jabs at the fans (that initial scene when Dante has a white wig for example). The dialogue is pretty bad and the combat is just boring. One attack button and the other is relegated as a launcher. Yeah you can switch it up with the Axe/Scythe and the other weapons you get later but its still really simple and yeah getting SSS on every level is pretty trivial.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

:laffo: this game is fantastic

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Well that was quite the payoff to inspecting the passengers.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That copy of Windjammers makes me wish I had mine. Ordering stuff international stinks sometimes. Looking into the Neo Geo stuff more the guys who made those Omega systems that Jeff had started a Kickstarter to make easy to open plastic cart that look like the AES carts for the MVS games. It didn't succeed, unfortunately. You can get shock cases and fold-ins for your MVS carts but you're still stuck with an ugly cartridge that was meant to be hidden inside an arcade cabinet.

Neo Geo stuff is great, you guys.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The dude who made this must be related to Ulillillia or something.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
And suddenly a gun fight :stare:

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

Holy poo poo this game is amazing.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Levitating terrorists, the greatest threat to air security

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
I just tuned in. What the gently caress is going on ?!

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
The description for this game on Greenlight is great:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205658089

quote:

Air Control is a new-gen aviasimulator.
Speaking about the design and all-new spaces of the our airplane simulator , we can say that it gives you more freedom and realism ,you have ever seen in such kind of games before.

At first we worked at airplane's compartment.The result we have now, is so near to the real life . Working at the simulation and flights , we wanted to give players more in-flight adventures, and that is why we decided to expand horizons
of gameplay.

You will have to play inside,and outside the airplane. While playing as a pilot,and blasting off the ground the airplane you will have to play as a 3rd person camera and while being in the flight,
you will have an ability to play as a stewardess or just to get out of the cabin and walk a little-bit. While making a walk or serving passengers, you can see the airplane inside in every smallest detail : starting from the tvs over each
seat,and ending with toilets or a kitchen.

Also before the flight, you will play as an engineer, and your work will be to prepare the airplane for the flight :
1.to make sure that everything works fine.
2.to bring the passengers' bags to the airplane and to put them inside
3.playing as a stewardess before the flight, you will have to clean the airplane's compartment and to bring the food inside.

Than pilot's work begins:
1.You need to make sure that everything works ok.
2.You need to switch on all the devices.
3.To begin your flight

Also, terract can happen and you will have to fight against the terrorists to defend yourself.

Try the fullest flight simulation you have ever had in the computer games !

Valen
Oct 1, 2009
I'm honestly having a problem figuring out if this is intentionally surreal or just bad. This game is amazing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I just want this music track.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Valen posted:

I'm honestly having a problem figuring out if this is intentionally surreal or just bad. This game is amazing.

They're at a Vinny/Drew level of finding amazing royalty free waiting music.

e: oh it wasn't royalty free it was just stolen
http://proleter.bandcamp.com/track/april-showers

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Man, Drew is on loving fire today.

Edit: This game has multiplayer? What do you think - team-based or deathmatch?

magimix fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 11, 2014

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

magimix posted:

Man, Drew is on loving fire today.

Edit: This game has multiplayer? What do you think - team-based or deathmatch?

Crash mode :smug:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Everything I see on the Neo Geo makes me want a Neo Geo even more.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

But the story! The characters! The dialogue! it was all so... Shakespearean. And the combat was so much more accessible! I got a SSSentaional on almost every level :smug:

As someone that slept walked his way through Dante Must Die mode in DmC. That game is loving terrible and boring. Metal Gear Rising has more depth with a single weapon than DmC does in it's entirety. And I'm currently working on my like 7th play through of the game by now. Platinum makes the some of the best games gameplay wise and it's a shame they are lost on so many people.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Make no mistake, if I were to ever own an arcade machine, it'd be a Neo Geo, in a heartbeat. There are so many great games that still look incredible because SNK had the best sprite artists in gaming history.

King of Fighters '98 is one of my favourite games of all time, no contest.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The ranking system in DmC is hosed too. If you use a full heal you lose 10,000 points but at the end of the level you make like 33,000,000 so it doesn't even matter.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
I want a Giant Bomb King of Monsters tournament.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
Someone can enjoy DMC over the 5 hours it takes or whatever and not have to spend time to learn a whole new game system. As a game for people who don't have time and want a game to be mildly enjoyable from minute 1 it's pretty successful. It's the perfect game for reviewers. In 2-3 years they'll have perfected this better and you'll feel like you just beat Roger Federer playing tennis cause you matched 5 in a match 3 puzzle game.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Hey, it's a job opening at Giant Bomb/Gamespot!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Americans being horrified over salty licorice is never not funny to me.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's worth it. I got one for Christmas and a copy of Soccer Brawl. Since then I got several other games. They're a blast, since with cMVS you can play the home version too so you don't have to deal with the lovely-cheap SNK arcade AI. Windjammers is pretty hard to find, but if you like any of the SNK fighting games you'll be able to find them pretty cheap - in the 20-35 dollar range.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Salty licorice is the best

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Is salty licorice different from regular black licorice? Becuase black licorice is my only licorice experience and it is insanely bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Is salty licorice different from regular black licorice? Becuase black licorice is my only licorice experience and it is insanely bad.

Salty licorice is basically anything involving salmiakki. Black licorice isn't necessarily "salty", there are some sweet ones, too. Like a lot of Finnish licorice is black, but not salty at all.

• Locked thread