Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«107 »
astral
Apr 26, 2004

air- posted:

Also looking for a T-Mobile employee to help out with switching a physical sim to an esim! Had someone at a local store willing to give it a shot, but couldn't get it working

Did you already try chatting/calling care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don't fuckle with Shuckle(s)

Like that other Shuckle, but different.

Yeah youíre going to have to do it through chat. When I made the switch I went to the store and it was basically them failing to get the rep on the line to do what they needed. While there I set up a chat with the t mobile app and got them to make the switch without any issues.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don't fuckle with Shuckle(s)

Like that other Shuckle, but different.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So T-Mobile is allows you to swap your sim line to eSIM if your phone supports it except no one know how to do it. Iím at a store and they werenít given a heads up so they have no idea. So we call customer care and they donít know. The expert keeps trying to point to the eSIM app but thatís only for prepaid.

So yeah this has been fun so far.

TraderStav posted:

I got mine done last week through the chat in the app. Went smooth as hell. Recommend being on WiFi so that you can maintain connectivity during the transition.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We ended up doing this in store and ended taking 5 minutes. Copy the eSIM ID to chat, verify the pin they send you and they swap the sim for eSIM immediately. Then on your phone you go to add cellular plan and your plan will show up there an option. No need for a QR code.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah youíre going to have to do it through chat. When I made the switch I went to the store and it was basically them failing to get the rep on the line to do what they needed. While there I set up a chat with the t mobile app and got them to make the switch without any issues.

astral posted:

Did you already try chatting/calling care?

Actually wasn't even aware I could do it on the Tmobile app chat, gonna install that and give it a shot thanks! The employee in store initially brought up the esim app but I'm on a Pixel and obviously the app is for IOS...

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

With last weeks promotion I'm now at cell plan Nirvana.

Simple choice 6GB - started with two lines five years ago for $80/mo. Since then have slowly added free lines or BOGO lines to get to the below at $125/mo all in with taxes.

Two primary lines upgraded to unlimited for free.
2 tablet lines at 6GB each (2017? Thanksgiving get a free tablet and line)
3 voice lines (1 BOGO from a year ago) and now the get a free line from last week. My youngests are almost at the age where I'll get them a phone so this is great.

5 voice and 2 tablet for $125. Perfection.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

air- posted:

Actually wasn't even aware I could do it on the Tmobile app chat, gonna install that and give it a shot thanks! The employee in store initially brought up the esim app but I'm on a Pixel and obviously the app is for IOS...

Yeah very few things actually require you to actually go into a phone store these days, which is especially handy during COVID-19. Good luck!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does anyone know the date Sprint officially becomes T-Mobile for Sprint users?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does anyone know the date Sprint officially becomes T-Mobile for Sprint users?

I've seen start of August floated a lot.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Update: seems that esim works fine for IOS because of the prepaid esim app, but can't quite do prepaid esim on Android

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

This free new line is nuts. PLUS its deal stackable. Got the Xr for 50% off and with my bonus line as a e-sim i'll never have to worry about bandwith overages as I can switch the data over to the other line.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Found a rep who claims she was able to switch my 2 for $100 tmobile one plan to one that would let me add more lines, but also keep the 20% off, plus the kickback and the free 3rd line/tmobile one plus options, then also add the 4th line free with the iphone SE promo. She claimed only price increase was going to be the $8 bucks for the iPhone SE.

I guess I'll see tomorrow how badly my plan got hosed up.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

It's a weird 3 card monty right now for tmo plans as they're working on consolidating sprint and providing investors "real growth" through these free lines or some magic hand-waving.

«107 »