Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Welcome to the new T-Mobile/Metro PCS thread.

My name is Burden, and I will be helping you guys navigate in the wonderful world of T-Mobile. I am an Assistant Manager at T-Mobile in Southern California. I will tell you upfront that I know 0 about Metro PCS and their plans. T-mobile is running Metro PCS and T-Mobile as two separate companies. A lot has changed with T-Mobile over the past year or so. T-mobile got a new CEO who is badass and trolls all the other carriers, the merger with Metro PCS, LTE launch, and Uncarrier 1, 2, 3, and 4.0 to name a few. T-Mobile is trying to change the way wireless companies to do business and in my opinion is doing a good job. Here are the basics on T-Mobile.

No contracts at T-Mobile. You will either be on Simple Choice or Monthly 4G (Prepaid). No contracts means no discounts on phones. On Monthly 4G you pay full price up front for the phone. If you are on Simple Choice you can pay the whole phone up front or you can make a down payment + the tax on the full cost of the phone upfront and then the rest of the phone is broken up into 24 payments on your bill.

Want to try T-Mobile for free for 7 days?
You can try T-Mobile for free on an Apple iPhone 5S for free for 7 days by going to http://explore.t-mobile.com/test-drive-free-trial and signing up. It is as simple as that. T-Mobile will send you the IPhone after you give them a credit card number. You try the service out for 7 days. You return the phone after 7 days to your closest T-Mobile store. If you want service you can sign up, if you don't it didn't cost you anything. If you don't return the phone you get charged $700.

What's all this I hear about free music streaming?
Basically if you are on the new Simple Choice plans that are $50 a month and higher or on a Simple Choice family plan, you can stream as much music as you want on your smartphone from top streaming services, including Pandora, iHeartRadio, iTunes Radio, Rhapsody, Slacker, Spotify Milk Music, Grooveshark, Black Planet, Radio Paradise, Rdio, Songza, and Accuradio - and it won’t count towards your 4G LTE data plan. Music Freedom is included in your Simple Choice rate plan at no extra charge.

For T-Mobile customers on our newest Simple Choice plan with unlimited 4G LTE data ($30 data feature), Rhapsody unRadio will be included at no extra charge. All other Simple Choice customers will get Rhapsody unRadio at a special discounted price of $4 per month. Customers with a grandfathered unlimited 4G LTE plan ($20 data feature) can either upgrade to our newest 4G LTE unlimited plan with additional tethering and get Rhapsody unRadio at no extra charge, or they can pay the special discounted price of $4 per month.
Rhapsody unRadio allows you to listen to your favorite songs as much as you want, online and offline, unlimited skips and no ads.

If your music streaming choice isn't included yet go to http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/free-music-streaming.html and vote for your streaming service that you use. T-mobile will be adding more music streaming services as they can. So vote if yours is not included yet.

The Plans
Simple Choice is designed to be just that, SIMPLE.
Here is how it works.

Line 1 / $50 month
  • Unlimited talk, text and web
  • Up to 1GB of high-speed data on our network. Speeds slowed after 1GB.
  • International roaming
Line 2 / $30 month
  • Up to GB of high-speed data on our network. Speeds slowed after 500MB.
  • International roaming
Line 3-5 / $10 month
  • Up to 1GB of high-speed data on our network. Speeds slowed after 500MB.
  • International roaming
Need more data?
$10 3 gigs. Speeds slowed after 3 gigs of data
$20 5 gigs. Speeds slowed after 5 gigs of data
$30 Unlimited with 5 gigs of tethering/mobile hotspot and Rhapsody Unradio for free.
Data is per line and not shared.

Monthly 4G
  • Pay as you go- Buy minutes as you need them - For people with minimum usage like your grandparents
  • $30 nerd plan - 5 gigs of data and 100 minutes. 10 cents a minute if you go over. Lasts for 30 days as well. Not available in T-Mobile Stores, only available online or at Walmart and only for new customers Must have activation kit to use the nerd plan. This activation code is available via T-Mobile online or Wal-Mart (Costs $40 because it includes 30 days usage). Do not use Chrome to sign up for the nerd plan.
  • $35 - Unlimited talk and text. No data. Lasts for 30 days
  • $40 Unlimited talk, text, and 500 MB of data. Lasts for 30 days
  • $50 Unlimited talk, text, and 1 gig of data. Lasts for 30 days
  • $60 Unlimited talk, text, and 3 gigs of data. Lasts for 30 days
  • $70 Unlimited talk, text, and 5 gigs of data. Lasts for 30 days
  • $80 Unlimited talk, text, and unlimited data. Lasts for 30 days.

What is this JUMP! business I am hearing about?
*****If you added JMP before February 23rd 3014 this is your JUMP program. JUMP! allows you to change your phone twice a year. It costs $10 a month per line, it gets you insurance for loss, physical/liquid damage, or theft. It also gets you Premium Lookout Protection for your phone and it allows you to change your phone twice a year. Basically if you chose to break your phone up into payments you come into the store after you wait an initial 6 months of getting JUMP! You give back your old phone in good condition*. What that does is it clears out whatever your remaining balance you have. You pick out your new phone, make the down payment + tax and start a new installment plan for 24 months. Pretty simple and it lets you have the latest devices. Once you do your first JUMP! upgrade you can JUMP! again any time after that. You can jump two times per year.****

*****If you added JUMP after February 23rd, 2014 this is your program. The new JUMP! 2.0 is a little different than JUMP 1.0. It is still $10 a month and still gets you insurance, however you must pay off half of your phone before you can jump to a new phone. They also allow it to be on tablets that T-mobile sells. Same conditions still apply where the device has to be in good condition, and same thing you make your down payment plus tax and then rest is billed to you over 24 months just like before.*****

*Good condition means that the phone has no cracks on the screen, no broken/missing parts, no water damage, and it must turn on. If it has any of those it will not qualify.

International Roaming
T-Mobile has partnered with 100 countries to allow you to data roam for free. Yes free. It is at 2G speeds, but hey it should be enough to pull up maps and navigate your way around and send and receive a few e-mails. You also get free texting, and if you need to make a call it is .20 a minute. Not too shabby and it is included in the Simple Choice Plans. Here are the 100 countries.

I heard T-Mobile is paying for Early Termination Fee’s if I leave my current carrier, is that true?
You would be correct. Here is how it works.
1. You must have AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon and port your number over to T-Mobile
2. You must trade in an old phone. Depending on the phone and the condition T-mobile may or may not give you money for your phone
3. You must purchase a new phone on a Simple Choice Plan. Does not have to be broken up in payments. Does not work with Monthly 4G
4. You must upload your bill to http://www.switch2tmobile.com
5. Wait 8 weeks to get a Mastercard with your Early Termination Fee’s
6. Pay your ETF to your old service provider.

T-mobile will pay up $350 per line in ETF’s on top of whatever your trade in is. The max trade in value is $300 so you could get up to $650 total per line in credits.

*Good condition means that the phone has no cracks on the screen, no broken/missing parts, no water damage, and it must turn on. If it has any of those it will not qualify.

I recommend that before you come into a store and trade in your phone that you back everything up before hand. It will make your life easier inside of the store. Particularly pictures. Contacts are easy to move over in a store, but for those of you with your whole phone filled with pictures and music please back it up first and then transfer at your house. Once you give your phone to T-Mobile you do not get it back.

Like I said earlier I don’t know much about Metro PCS, but hopefully someone will be able to help you out. I know there were a few T-Mobile reps around, so please feel free to chime in.

OP updated 8-27-14

Burden fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Lord Yod posted:

I'm assuming this $10/month is in addition to the monthly payment for the phone itself? So if I wanted to switch to this and upgrade to a Gnex 5 it'd be the $50 down + $17/month for the phone + $10/month for jump?

You would be correct. It is an additional $10 to your bill.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

kimcicle posted:

This is looking really tempting for me to jump ship from my grandfathered AT&T unlimited plan. However, if I want to bring over two lines do I need to trade in both phones? Or can I just trade in one since the other is already unlocked?

If you want to get the ETF credit you must trade in your phone and purchase one in payments.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

AwkwardKnob posted:

Hmm... so this switchover thing only works if you buy a new phone through Tmobile at full price? Can you explain that part a little more clearly, someone in the know?

You purchase the phone full price since T-Mobile doesn't do contracts. If you want to pay the whole phone up front you can, but T-Mobile allows you to break the phone up into payments. You make a down payment + tax on the full price of the phone and then the rest of the phone is added to your bill for 24 months.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Brock Landers posted:

Some specific questions about this latest ETF offer:

I have a family plan with two lines that I'd be looking to move over, both with an etf. One with an iPhone 5 and one with a 5s.

1.) Do I have to trade in the actual device on my ATT account? I have a couple spare iPhone 3GSes in working order. Can I just bring them in and be done with it, or do I actually have to have them functional on my lines? Does it even have to be a smartphone?
2.) the offer says I have to buy a phone with payments. Can I sign up for the payments and then pay the phones off immediately?
3.) Can I sim swap another phone right away or is there some kind of waiting period where I have to use the tmobile phone?
4.) how fast are the number ports, on average?

Thanks!

1. You just need to trade in a phone that is in working order. It doesn't have to be your actual phones. You 3GSes should be fine. As long as it is a phone that is in our trade in system it will work.
2. Must buy a phone, on or off payments.
3. You can swap phones right away.
4. Depends on the carrier, but typically less than 24 hours.

Burden fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 12, 2014

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Crumps Brother posted:

What's the scoop on domestic data roaming? When I check the coverage map everywhere around me is listed as "Service Partner". Does that mean that all of my data usage will be roaming?

You would be correct. All your calls would be as well.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

quote is not edit....

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Nihiliste posted:

I'm having an odd problem with the My Account Android app. For some reason, after switching from a Galaxy Nexus to a Nexus 5, the app stopped working - even though I can still use manual phone codes to get minutes/balance info. Heck, even the iPad version of the app is still fetching info!

Anyone know what the trouble might be, and if there's a solution?

It might be that the app doesn't work on 4.4. I remember visual voicemail didn't work because of 4.4. They probably need to upgrade the app.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

BlackFrost posted:

My voice mailbox won't seem to set up on my Nexus 5. Switched to T-Mobile a few days ago (from Lumia 900 to Nexus 5--quite an upgrade!).

Whenever I go to set up my voicemail, it asks me to press * to check my mailbox. I assume this is the process for setting the mailbox up since I never received any other prompts. I do that, it asks me to enter in my phone number, and then it tells me the mailbox is invalid.

What am I doing wrong? Is there some other way to set up voicemail on Android now that I've forgotten about? Should I call T-Mobile or is it something with the Nexus 5?

Sounds like your voicemail is messed up somewhere, I would give them a call from a phone other than yours. 611, and then say technical support. Should get you right over to someone.

inkblottime posted:

Weird question but can I add my brother as a third line if his phone area code is from a different state?

Shouldn't be a problem. Only thing that may come up, is if it is an area where T-Mobile doesn't have service you can't move the number over.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Exit Strategy posted:

I've currently got the old "Unlimited Nationwide 4G" on my account. If I upgrade to the newfangled unlimited data with 2.5GB tethering, does that affect anything else about my data plan? That is, I'll still have unlimited data regardless of LTE/HSPA+/GSM status, right?

Correct. You get unlimited high-speed data. Regardless if it's Lte or hspa+

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

ohnoitschris posted:

Alright, so here's my family's situation: We've all got carrier-locked Galaxy S3s and are still in contract with Verizon. Can we bring them along to T-Mobile, since T-Mo is paying the ETFs? Or is there some weird requirement that we have to get new phones or something or another

You have to purchase a new phone from T-Mobile and trade in an old phone in order to qualify for the ETF reimbursement.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Insane Totoro posted:

My question from earlier wasn't answered so I guess I'll try again.

My father in law has a T-Mobile family plan, all lines are utilized.

My mother in law wants to port in a line from Sprint (nowhere near the end of the contract) onto her OWN family plan separate from his. Is she eligible for the ETF bonus? Or is she screwed because her husband has an existing T-Mobile plan?

No she will be fine.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Fallom posted:

What's the unlimited data plan like in practice? I'm thinking about switching from my 2gb plan and actually using my phone for streaming music and stuff, but is the plan just the typical "we give you 5gb and throttle the poo poo out of you after that" crap?

I use anywhere from 10 to 15 gigs a month and never been slowed down. I see customers who use 25 gigs regularly and have never been throttled. So you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

badjohny posted:

Is that through apple or tmobile? At the TM store they said my only option would be to trade it in. If I return to the apple store how do I keep my phone number?

T-Mobile store is 14 days regardless of the device.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Yeah it always takes 2 bill cycles for the phone payments to get applied. Just how the billing works. Works well with Jump however because if you jump at 6 months you have most likely only paid 4 payments on your phone.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

BIFF! posted:

So I'm thinking of changing from AT&T to T-Mobile but my wife and I still have a year left on our contracts at AT&T. I'm trying to make sure I understand T-Mobile's buyout program. They will give you a certain amount of money based off of the device you turn in to them which you can then use to pay off your existing ETF? Wouldn't it make more sense/be quicker to just sell the phones we have on my own and use that money to pay off the ETF?

They give you money for the phones to use towards the purchase of new phones, and they give you a separate amount for the ETF once you get the final bill from AT&T.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

bobfather posted:

I'm posting here because I'm seriously at my wits end.

I initiated a port from TMo prepaid to TMo postpaid 9 days ago. It is still not complete.

7 calls to customer service have led to no resolution.

Tweets and chat with @TMobileHelp have done nothing, and @JohnLegere doesn't respond.

Basically, the porting folks are writing trouble tickets that the techs either don't see, or don't care about fixing.

Is anyone here a bad enough dude at TMo to help me out?

Send me a PM with the info, Ill try and look into it and see if I can get anything done.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Updated the OP with the new JUMP! program info. Basically instead of twice a year you have to pay off half of your device before you can jump to a new device.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Kanish posted:

So I switched to T-Mobile ~ 2 months ago, and just moved at the beginning of this month to a new apartment. I have LTE oustide, but inside my apartment, I have no service anywhere other than a window.

I picked up T-Mobile because I liked the companies policies, and I knew that they offered wi-fi calling...until I realized the iphone doesnt have this feature.

My question is, using jump, can I trade in my iphone to get a wifi capable device (such as the OneX) without putting any real money down? To people who work for T-Mobile, is there any wiggle room on what I can do for my situation since I moved? I want to keep T-Mobile, but I need service in my own home.

---

Also, If I bought a new phone, say a OneX on Ebay, does any model support wifi calling? Or do I have to get a T-Mobile branded phone?

Give customer service a call @ 18009378997 and explain your situation, they should be able to give you a signal booster for free.

Edit: wifi calling is only on tmobile android devices minus the nexus series and the current windows phones.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

IuniusBrutus posted:

Does T-Mobile give lower priority to their prepaid customers over their postpaid? I've noticed some texts coming through significantly later then they've been sent - hours.

If not, are there any benefits to going to postpaid over prepaid?

Only real benefit is if you have multiple lines, need to roam and/or want to break a phone up into payments.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

mpyro posted:

A few rooms in my house, there is no signal at all. Outside the signal is fine. Is it T-Mobile or some interference with my WiFi?

I'm leaning towards that it is T-Mobile versus your WiFi because T-Mobile can have poor building penetration. Call customer care and let then know you are getting poor signal in your house and they will send you out a signal booster.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

goninzo posted:

Everything finished transferring over this morning.

I highly recommend someone puts in the amendment in the OP:

Must have activation kit to use the nerd plan. This activation code is available via T-Mobile online, T-Mobile store, or Wal-Mart (Costs $40 because it includes 30 days usage). Do not use Chrome to sign up for the nerd plan.

I'll put It in the OP but Tmobile stores don't have activation codes anymore.
edit: done

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

ColdPie posted:

Motorola really needs to let T-Mobile sell the Moto X. I'm trying to switch from Verizon and take advantage of the ETF payoff deal, but not being able to buy the phone from T-Mobile is really screwing things up.

Looks like my current plan is:

1) Buy a Moto X from Motorola (not even that is simple, as they sell a special T-Mobile phone in addition to their customizable phones which let you select T-Mobile at the checkout process, but I think they're the same in the end?)

2) Take it to the store along with this ancient flip-phone I've got (guy at the store said they'll take basically anything, since apparently my Incredible 4G LTE is also worth $0 to T-Mobile). Resell Incredible on ebay or something.

3) Buy the cheapest flip-phone they've got ($72) in order to qualify for the ETF payoff. Chuck this phone into a donation bin or something.

4) Pay Verizon the ~$200 ETF, give bill to T-Mobile for reimbursement.

In the end I effectively pay a $72 ETF instead of a $200 ETF. Or I can wait until January when there should be no ETF from Verizon.

Sound right?

You would be correct.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

T-Mobile specific question.

I have a Nexus 5 - so obviously no T-Mobile software on it. It's rooted, with a fairly recent AOKP nightly. I'm on T-Mobile prepaid. The only T-Mobile anything on it is a very buggy Visual Voicemail app.

My boss, my mom, and my stepdad all have T-Mobile. Boss and stepdad both have recent T-Mobile branded handsets (both Samsung; stepdad has a SGS4, boss has whatever their current lower end LTE handset is - completely stock). I've noticed whenever I talk to either of them, the call quality is fantastic. I'm not talking "no drop outs or pops"; it's more like "it sounds like they're speaking through a $100,000 home theater system, while standing next to them as they speak, with the $100,000 system blasting into both of my ears". It honestly doesn't sound anything like a phone call.

Mom has whatever slider version of the SGS3 T-Mobile carried last year; I don't notice such call quality with her, though it does seem like call volume (to my earpiece) with her is painfully loud. She tends to shout into phones though..

I know T-Mobile has HD Voice, but doesn't that typically require a handset with T-Mobile-specific firmware?

On T-mobile to get HD voice you have to have an HD voice capable phone and the person you are talking to has to have it as well. Pretty much all of T-Mobile's LTE phones have HD voice minus the Nexus 5 I believe. Your moms Galaxy S3 is probably the non LTE version and doesn't support HD voice. HD voice does sound awesome though when you talk to someone else who has it. I don't believe it is cross carrier though, just within your own carrier.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

The N5 does support HD Voice on T-mo, according to both LG and AnandTech.

I was mistaken on mom's phone, it's the Galaxy S Relay 4G. Looks like it's a cross of the SGS2 and SGS3 (closer to SGS3 in specs, closer to SGS2 for camera, display, and "4G"). And yeah, it's not LTE.

Is LTE a requirement for HD Voice? HSPA+ has plenty of bandwidth, but also has higher latency - I regularly pulled 10-25mbit downstream on my Nexus 4 (HSPA+) with ~50-100ms pings; I pull anywhere from 10-55mbit on the N5 on LTE with pings sitting between 10-35ms most of the time.

Some HSPA+ phones had it. The one I can remember is the HTC One S.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Naffer posted:

Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but the new plans (1, 3, 5 GB) should all include tethering up to the limit out of the same data bucket. The unlimited plan had a separately defined limit.

You are correct.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Bisty Q. posted:

Yeah, and when they first announced they were killing discounts, I was like "OK, I have JUMP, so where do I turn in my phone and say screw you guys" and it turns out the answer is "you don't, you're stuck with the EIP, deal with it".

So, you don't have a contract but you have a contract.

You could always jump to the cheapest phone which is about 70 bucks effectively making it a 70 eft.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

wormil posted:

Apparently my family plan that includes 4 lines at no extra charge is a victim of of t-mobile's new vision or whatever. After an hour or so on the phone trying to get an answer for why I'm being charged for extra lines; finally the girl from retention logged into my account and after a moment says, "Ohhh, it does say free" and I thought - I WIN! But no, they refuse to honor it. So instead of honoring my plan they tell me they will change the website so it no longer says "free". They did give me a temporary credit but I'm still very irritated. Assholes.

What does it say on your bill? Look and see if it says free until Januray 2nd 2014. T-Mobile had a promotion for free add a lines until January of this year and then it went back to $10. I don't know if that is what you had but it is my best guess.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Hey tmobile reps, if you have someone who has an installment plan, not a contract, does tmobile still pay a portion of that? Aka someone got a iphone 5S for $650 3 months ago, and now is at $575 remaining.

T-Mobile doesn't pay the fee's for installment plans from other carriers if you switch from another carrier to T-Mobile if that is what you are asking. T-Mobile only pays early termination fees.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

John said that we would like to get all services on not hitting your cap. I think they started with the top 6, and will add more as time moves on. I think from a technical standpoint it takes time to whitelist each service and T-Mobile has to talk to each company to do that. I think in a month you will have a bunch more added to be included not touching your data cap. You can vote to see which they will add next.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Updated the OP with new test drive info and music streaming info.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

UncleGuito posted:

So I just got a Nexus 5 as a gift and currently have a HTC One through T-Mobile. I have $400 left on the EIP- am I screwed? They told me I have to keep paying off the balance even if I use my Nexus 5 and try to send the One back. This is so loving lame. I was lured in by the 'old no contracts thing but this is basically just as bad as a contract.

I don't understand what you're upset about? That you still have to pay off your phone? You agreed to by the phone at the full price. Do you have jump by chance? You could jump to the least expensive phone is you do. See if you can sell your HTC one for around $400 to someone on craigslist or eBay or maybe SAmart and then pay it off.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

UncleGuito posted:

I guess it was more along the lines of my confusion with the original JUMP plan- I was under the impression for some reason that I could return the phone to nullify the balance. If I would have paid more attention to the EIP terms, I probably would have just gotten my own phone from the get go.

If you have jump, jump your HTC one and get the Tmobile 768 for $72 + tax. Now you don't owe the $400 and can use the nexus and won't have to payment on your phone anymore.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Happy Pizza Guy posted:

Speaking of, does anyone know if there's any word of the tablet discounts returning? I still feel like I should have gotten in on the $130 discounted iPad mini.

It is back on sale. The iPad Mini Retina is $428.40 instead of $529.00.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

Was planning on switching to T-Mobile when I could afford to buy new phones (coming from Verizon), but now I'm not so sure. What are yalls thoughts on this?

T-Mobile and all the carriers allowed third party billing. T-Mobile as of last year doesn't allow third party billing anymore so you don't have to worry about being charged as you can't be charged. T-mobile is also going back and going to allow refunds for anyone who was charged before they started blocking them.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

If you want to see if you get any sort of corporate discount look go to https://business.t-mobile.com/advantage and fill out the necessary information. Now they give you a gift card for money off a phone, not a discount off your plan.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

So T-Mobile now offers their coverage for when you go overseas. That's great, but do you have to fiddle around with anything like APN settings and such to get data working and, or will it be fine if the APN settings in the phone are for the states?

No fiddling required. It should just work. My brother went to Brazil for two months and didn't have to do anything.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

blackflare posted:

Alright we consulted with a tmobile rep and it seems like we'll be going ahead with transferring to them. I have a question about their phone offerings now. My mom and my brother probably dont need a powerful phone, but im not familiar with their budget offerings. Are any of them ok? In the sub 100$ range. Im just super wary of recommending they get anything in that range because I dont want them having to deal with a bloated piece of crap thats going to break or be really slow and terrible.

edit: specifically what is the galaxy avant and light? The 200$ avant is probably within a good range for us too.

If you can find one the L90 is a good phone for $100 bucks right now. Best deal for lower end smartphones. We can't keep them in stock at my store.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="433758532"]
Not the Moto E or a Lumia 521?

I guess it just depends. T-Mobile doesn't sell the Moto E in stores and the L90 has a much bigger screen than the 521. Windows is fine, not a lot of people want a windows phone though. I use the Nokia 635 as my work phone and like it, but the L90 has a lot going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

T-Mobile added more streaming services today. Grooveshark, Black Planet, Radio Paradise, Rdio, Songza, and Accuradio now don't count towards your data cap.