Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kernel panic
Jul 31, 2006

so we came here to burgle your turts!

Astro7x posted:

It's still kind of a dick move to do.

When I called on the 12th calling about the price match deal and if they will beat AT&T's the rep I talked to basically said. "Yeah, we can beat AT&T's price, come back next week when the promotion starts and we'll throw an additional $50 to seal the deal. That's a great deal and you definitely should take advantage of that!". Then I come back a week later and am told "oh, well it's a $1 more than AT&T now, so we won't price match it, and now the phone is sold out everywhere so you most likely won't get it until late October."

Well if I knew that maybe I would have just gone to AT&T and not dealt with any of this price match bullshit. I could have a new phone and a $200 credit today. All they are offering is inconvenience for $1, and I didn't know that would happen until it was too late.

If it helps, it looks like only some of the phones have seriously limited availability (I'm guessing just the 6+ at this point.) I had to reorder my phone (64 gig gold 6) on Thursday and I got a tracking number today.

Doesn't change the trade-in situation, but if you want the 4.7" you'll probably get it sooner rather than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kernel panic
Jul 31, 2006

so we came here to burgle your turts!
I ordered on Thursday, got tracking on Saturday, and had my phone at 9 am Monday. It seems like the regular 6s are shipping pretty quickly. Mine is a 64g gold FWIW.