Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
Is there a limit/expiration to the data stash? Or can I just bank up like 100gb and blow through it in a month if I wanted to? I can't seem to find a good FAQ on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

nimper posted:

The answer is yes, you have to buy a phone that is sold by T-Mobile to get wifi calling.

Case in point: 2014 Moto X comes with a T-Mobile SIM card but it isn't actually sold by T-Mobile. It doesn't support wifi calling.

I bought a T-Mobile S4 and enabling wifi calling totally ruined my phone; whenever I was on wifi it would totally disable cell service so I wouldn't get text messages and the call quality sucked pretty badly. Apparently this is a known issue with S4s...so I guess maybe do some research on the feature before buying a phone if it's an important selling point for you.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

FlyingCheese posted:

Has anyone else been getting texts hours or sometimes days late? It has gotten me screwed for work twice now in the past 2 weeks. Highly aggravating.

I am too. Also getting double or even triple of the same text at times, too. No idea why.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

IuniusBrutus posted:

Further report on T-Mobile texting crap: Between 4 and 5 am last night, My friend received six text messages I had sent her during the day yesterday. Wonderful.

Yeah, my girlfriend got 12 texts from throughout the day at 4:30am. It seems like this has happened like once a month for the past few months, so I don't know what their deal is.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Plastik posted:

If I want suggestions on what used phone to buy, would that be better here or the Suggest Products thread in PYF? My S4 has begun doing the No SIM Reboot every day, sometimes multiple times a day, and I'm prepared to invest in not-an-S4 for the T-Mobile network.

hey there no SIM card detected buddy, I've been looking at the Nexus 6 or 6p but haven't jumped yet. I was hoping to find out what was causing the issue and just fixing it and keeping this phone, but I guess it's a hardware issue?