Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I have one day left in my Test Drive on an iPhone 5S and while I'm loving the data side of things, I've been issues with voice calls not over WiFi. Sometimes incoming callers won't hear me at all, and other times when the audio quality is fine there's some pretty bad repetition on both sides of the line.

Is this a common experience? I'm in Indianapolis and the coverage map looks excellent. I'm reading something saying that turning LTE off might be a solution because iPhones don't fully support T-Mobile's LTE? If I made the switch there would be an iPhone 5C and an iPhone 6S+ (when that's released), so if the older phone is going to experience voice problems we might have to stick with AT&T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

WiFi calling is a-ok and super clear, it's just calling out in the wild that drops out and has echo. I think turning off LTE has helped, I'm going to take a drive and see if that's solved the problem in some of the areas of town I had issues in. I do have to say though, before things start messing up the voice quality is a lot better than AT&T, so I hope this works out!

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Can someone check my math here? I'm hoping to switch to T-Mobile soon and picking up the 64gb iPhone 6S+ when it launches. Assuming a $100 plan...

If I buy the phone upfront ($850), after 18 months I'll have paid $2650 ($100 x 18mo)

If I go with Jump On Demand, the monthly payment for the device ($19 x 18mo), the upfront fee for 64gb ($100) and the remainder of the device's value ($292, since T-Mobile pays $12/mo on the device with JOD) coupled with the plan for 18 months ($100 x 18mo) would be $2534.

If I didn't upgrade on JOD and bought my phone out after 18 months, am I right in thinking that I would actually be saving $116?

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

I'd be trading in a 32gb iPhone 5C

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

I'm switching from AT&T to T-Mobile tomorrow, and I have a newbie question since this is the first time I've switched carriers. I'll be activating an unlocked iPhone 5C, and should be receiving a 6S+ on Friday. When I get the new phone, is activating it as easy as popping the SIM out of the 5C and putting it in the 6S+, or do I need to head to a T-Mobile shop for any reason?

Millions fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Axiem posted:

If I have a phone on AT&T that's no longer on the subsidy contract, I should be able to bring it over to T-Mobile no problems, right? Or will I have to trade it in and buy a new phone from T-Mobile?

I just did this today! You'll need to unlock your phone, take it to T-Mobile, they'll run a quick credit check, then give them your AT&T account number and PIN to port your number. They'll pop your new sim into your phone and you're good to go, easy peasy.