Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

im on the net me boys posted:

I see that T-Mobile is offering up to a $650 rebate for ditching my current carrier, AT&T. This would pay off most of our handset costs and the plan would be cheaper and better than what we currently get. Has anyone made the switch mid contract and if so how difficult was it?

I did and it was super easy for phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My conversation with them on this free line promo thing went so badly I'm now switching carriers.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

im on the net me boys posted:

How the hell did it go that poorly

The first agent insisted it was a buy one get one. When I got that sorted out I brought up the SyncUp Drive thing and they said they couldn't do it, but could do a similar thing where I'd get the thing free, and pay $10 for the line. That was also okay. They said $7 today and that was all. Then they got an error they said they could do nothing about, so they couldn't do it. Then they could do it, but I'd have to give them $103 today and they would credit it back to my account. They couldn't explain what the error was or why the amount needed changed like that and refused to honor the original offer. I don't even care that much about the device, but being lied to about stuff like this was why I left Verizon, I can't stand it. Just don't offer deals you can't honor and honor the ones you do offer. It's not that hard.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

GutBomb posted:

It sounds like the guy was just confused and dealing with an obtuse accounting system. I wouldn’t consider anything there a “lie”

They offered a deal and refused to honor it. Doesn't matter if it was intentional.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Buff Hardback posted:

I mean when you were at the point of asking them to use the free line for the SyncUp Drive (which the free line is not really for) that's when things started to go south.

They had said "no sorry we can't do that," and that was totally understandable and fine. They then offered me another separate deal which also would have been fine. Them then not honoring that second, separate deal is the issue, not the free line not working with SyncUp Drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Beefstorm posted:

Just call and explain the situation, and that you are looking for a proper resolution here. 99% of the time, they escalate the issue to make it right.

I've made no less than five calls and spoken to two managers. One of them is calling me back when I'm off work, supposedly.