Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Does anybody know if it's possible buy a phone from T-Mobile without a service plan?

I'd like to buy a Note 4 (GSM) from T-Mobile because it has an unlocked bootloader, but I plan to use it with AT&T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Is there anything I should know before possibly switching to T-Mobile from AT&T? I'd be looking at an Unlimited plan (for myself) and a 1GB or 3GB plan for my wife.

T-Mobile finally upgraded to LTE in my area so I'd like to do a test, but I see that the rates are increasing on Sunday so that doesn't give me too much time to test... :(

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

I'm looking at T-Mobile's prepaid internet plans and I see 2GB for $20/month. However, it also says "Unlimited data" all over the page except in the fine print it says data will be slowed to 2G speed after LTE data is used.

However, I just need enough bandwidth for server maintenance (SSH, maybe RDP) so I think 2G would be fine.

Am I correct in my understanding? Is it really $20/month for unlimited 2G data even with a hotspot?