Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Some quick questions. I just bought the Xperia Z3 directly from T-Mobile and paid the full cost of the phone up front. This was the first time I bought directly from a carrier, so I'm just wondering what the unlocking process is (and how difficult). I've read the policy and just need clarification like if my current plan means I wait 40 days or an entire year. Or if I bring an outside device to eventually replace the Z3, does this mean someone else can use the Z3 with their sim card? I'm on the Simple Choice Plan btw.

Also, is the 200mb/mo deal for life still going on and if so can I buy an Air 2 from Apple and use it for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

spiralbrain posted:

I didnt see this posted yet, but it looks like the 5.0 Lollipop update finally got rolled out to the Xperia Z3. So far so good on mine!

Got it here as well in Houston. Time to test that Band 12 at my workplace since my phone is completely useless on the first floor (luckily I work on the third floor).

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

The free ticket is for the Warcraft movie? drat it, I knew there was a catch!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Welp, site app is getting hammered to no one's surprise.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

FlyingCheese posted:

Man I sure am glad I jumped on the 2 lines unlimited everything +7GB of tether for $100 promo. I'm not letting this thing go ever. No BingeON, no worries about data caps and great service where I live. They won't try to bump me from the plan if/when I get a new phone, will they?

With all the plan fuckery, I had to make sure I was still on this promo.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Qwijib0 posted:

Looks like with VZW announcing unlimited with throttled video, tmo is bumping 'One' video to HD to stay a step ahead. I thought it already had 10G of hotspot but maybe it didn't, but now it does.

Thank god. It looks like the One plan has finally caught up to the old, superior Simple Choice plans.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Speaking of the new plan, I'm currently on the Simple Choice promo plan for 2/100 and the only real difference I see between that plan and the new plan is that taxes are included in the price and a 3rd line is $40 instead of $20. I would be saving money on the new plan.

But I'm just wondering since I already have a tablet line for $20, will that count as a 3rd line (and therefore would increase to $40)? And does a government discount still apply?

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Decairn posted:

The new plan also has the kickback feature, a $10 rebate per line if the line uses under 2GB of data - turn it on in your profile to use it. I switched this weekend from the 2/100 Simple Plan promo, will end up paying less overall. Plus, waiting for a Pixel, so hope to have that bill credit promo available to use to to reduce the cost of a new device.

Made the switch today. Also there's a deal going on where the S7, S7 Edge and LG V20 are half off ($360). And if you do happen to get the V20, you get a free projector too. (today is the last day to redeem it fyi). I was tempted, but I'm not big on flipping phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Don Lapre posted:

Tmobile constantly does bogo. Wouldn't surprise me.

Yup, wait till Mother's Day.