Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009
So I'm thinking of changing from AT&T to T-Mobile but my wife and I still have a year left on our contracts at AT&T. I'm trying to make sure I understand T-Mobile's buyout program. They will give you a certain amount of money based off of the device you turn in to them which you can then use to pay off your existing ETF? Wouldn't it make more sense/be quicker to just sell the phones we have on my own and use that money to pay off the ETF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009
Oh wow I missed that they give you 2 separate credits. That makes a lot more sense!

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009
Anyone else here have problems using T-Mobile in Seattle? I just swapped to it from AT&T and I've been having all sorts of problems. I'm all over the city because of my job and I constantly keep running into no service or edge service. Last night I was expecting messages from people related to work and I never received them. Today I decided to reboot my phone because I couldn't send a message (even though I had 3/4 bars). After rebooting about 10 messages popped up from last night/early this morning. Just wondering if it's a problem with my phone or if service just sucks here.

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009

ButtaKnife posted:

I live and work in the SLU/Belltown/Downtown area and it's rare when I don't have 5 bars of LTE on my Nexus 5.

Edit: I should also add that I have great service up through Freemont, Greenwood, and Northgate. BIFF!, in what areas are you having problems?

I live in green lake but I was mostly experiencing loss of service in West Seattle. That wasn't even my biggest concern. It was more the fact that I wasn't receiving any missed calls or messages at home with 4 bars of service until I restarted my phone. That's happened twice in the week I've had my phone. If it happens again I guess I'll have to look into getting a new phone. A guy I work with told me that's happened to him before on T-Mobile.
E: it's a galaxy s5 btw.

BIFF! fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 1, 2014