Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Really really want to upgrade my Motorola Moto G7 and I just came over to T-mobile from Sprint. Being a second class citizen for so long the emotional trauma spent from over 20 year on sprint plans and network has be an anxiety riddled adventure.

I want Motorola g100 but I understand the signal bands can be confusing. I see versions marketed as International 4g Euro 5g, Sprint/Verizon only, on AMAZON, meanwhile on the Motorola website it makes no mention of model number of the one they offer so it's hard to compare.

Is there a version of this phone that is fully feature compatible and full 5g compatibility on T-mobiles network? If not is there a similar phone around 350 that's in a similar wheelhouse?

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Mr.Radar posted:

Looking at the Motorola website, it looks like that phone does not support band 71 which is T-Mobile's primary low band for "extended range" and indoor coverage. I would not buy a new phone for use on T-Mobile that did not support that band. I'm not even sure 5G would work without band 71 as I believe T-Mobile currently requires phones to "anchor" on band 71 to access 5G.

If you want to buy an unlocked phone for use on T-Mobile, Best Buy is probably your best bet. See what they have to offer. Otherwise look at what T-Mobile themselves offer on their site.

This is exactly the issue I was looking to avoid. Looks like I'm deciding between the Oneplus Nord N200 5g and the Motorola 5G One Ace. Thanks!