Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is there anything special for a new single line? I see the 100/mo for two lines but it's just me. I'm thinking of leaving Project Fi and am weighing my options.

Also, can anyone in Chicago weigh in on service? I'm moving there in August from NYC, where I was almost exclusively on T-Mobile using Fi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is there a simple plan that would be good for an older person? My grandma needs a new phone since she's still on an old keyboard dumb phone that's dying but I don't want her bill to jump drastically by adding data. Right now she pays about $35 for unlimited Talk & Text.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

SamDabbers posted:

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/t-mobile-one-unlimited-55

Two unlimited lines for $30/line (tax included) if there's someone who wants to go in on a plan with her. Otherwise check out the $30 MetroPCS plan (tax included) with unlimited talk/text and 2GB high speed data.

Don Lapre posted:

Add her to your account you ungrateful brat.

Or get her like project fi or a prepaid provider.

Blue Train posted:

Do this, get simple mobile with 1gb of data and unlimited talk/text for 25/mo. Uses tmo as backbone

You can get an iPhone se for like 160

Thanks! I don't have T-Mobile (I'm Project Fi) but while she was here I just happened to see she was having issues getting group texts and pictures from other family members since she doesn't have data on her plan (according to her) and she told me she was paying ~$35 for this non-data plan with a non-smartphone through T-Mobile. I'm thinking I'll get her an updated phone when I visit her in February but wanted to know if there were comparably priced plans with data so her bill wouldn't change because she likes the price point. She won't be using data that much but just being able to get all the family group texts, pictures, etc. would be appreciated.

Prepaid may be the way to go it seems.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Godzilla07 posted:

Does any informed consumer still use Sprint outside of Project Fi and SERO lifers?

I'm on Project Fi and I can count the number of times I've been on a Sprint tower on one hand.