Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Astro7x posted:

There is currently a family plan for 2 lines at $80/mo with 6GB Data for each. You could get in on a family plan with someone and cut your bill in half.

I was actually getting ready to switch to this earlier this month, had no idea it was a limited time promotion and missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
I saw a tmo commercial advertising a mobile share plan for 2 phones, 6gb each, for $70/mo. Couldn't find it on the website, called my local store who confirmed it was a regional promotion. He went on to say it was only valid for local area codes and I could not port my existing number in to take advantage of the deal, because it is not local. My wife's number is local and he said that one can port, no problem.

Any workaround ideas other than Google voice that would let me keep my number? I would like to keep my number directly associated with the line if at all possible.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
I assumed that would mess up the promotional pricing if done too soon, but yeah...I guess that is really the simplest idea if it works. Would probably not even need a spare phone, could just swap SIMs.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Bummer. Thanks for the answer though. I think that's kind of silly given how many people move around and keep their old area codes.

Wish I had seen the $80 deal last month before it was cancelled. Guess I'll be getting a new number if I switch over.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Work has been nuts and I haven't been able to make it over to my local T mobile store yet. I assume the $70 regional deal is a limited time promotion? Does anyone here know when it expires?